Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939530 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 3: The Final Countdown.
« Reply #3690 on: June 14, 2012, 03:01:48 pm »

Jim messaged Feyri back, feeling a little odd about it since she was right there next to him and all.

It's all right, Fey. I wasn't manufactured to be a leader either; I'm only a disposable psychic soldier. Filler for the front lines, if you will. We just have to accept our faults and work to overcome them. Just do what I do and try to make it through the mission... and if you have to die, make it count.

Listen... after we get back and get ourselves checked out, cured of whatever the hell this alien shit is... Well, you seem like you could use a friend. And while I was barely a person before I lost my original body, I can always give it an attempt. You, me, Faith, Milno, and even Ivan, we need to stick together.

19-3

After Jim sent the message, he moved to help Bishop lug everything to elevator.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3691 on: June 14, 2012, 05:32:41 pm »

Grab any computers or data storage devices that look intact enough to recover data from, then wheel back to the lift area.
Thats gonna be a hell of a lot of stuff. There's several benches of things all scattered around and you can't really tell how damaged they are just by looking at them. Well, for the most part. The ones that are charred black are a bit obvious.

Jim messaged Feyri back, feeling a little odd about it since she was right there next to him and all.

It's all right, Fey. I wasn't manufactured to be a leader either; I'm only a disposable psychic soldier. Filler for the front lines, if you will. We just have to accept our faults and work to overcome them. Just do what I do and try to make it through the mission... and if you have to die, make it count.

Listen... after we get back and get ourselves checked out, cured of whatever the hell this alien shit is... Well, you seem like you could use a friend. And while I was barely a person before I lost my original body, I can always give it an attempt. You, me, Faith, Milno, and even Ivan, we need to stick together.

19-3

After Jim sent the message, he moved to help Bishop lug everything to elevator.
You help Bishop wheel the HDDSM into the elevator and sigh in relief when the floor holds its weight.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: June 14, 2012, 05:35:17 pm »

(Manufacturing was already looted, right?)
Take a closer look at the nearest stuff to determine what seems to be more intact.  Aux roll go!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: June 14, 2012, 10:50:24 pm »

Bishop had made up his mind on the elevator up. He wasn't going to chance spacial distortion while he was near the damn thing, and he figured that the machine getting blown to tiny bits would work just as well as an emergency shutdown.

It was time to get the hell off this rock. But before that, he had to go grab Mesk who wasn't there. Seeing as how he was limited in movement, he had to still be on the 4th floor.

Up to the 4th floor and go find Mesk and start dragging his crippled ass back to the elevator.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: June 14, 2012, 11:43:59 pm »

Seeing Bishop, Mesk turns his coms back on.  "Hey Bishie!  Just give me a minute here, I'm gonna get me some loot."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3695 on: June 15, 2012, 12:35:21 am »

(Manufacturing was already looted, right?)
Take a closer look at the nearest stuff to determine what seems to be more intact.  Aux roll go!
You roll up to the first table and attempt to pull yourself up and look at the electronics atop it.
[str:1]
You grab the tabletop and pull up. You manage to yank yourself off your cart and flop down on the ground. The cart goes rolling off across the room.

Wonderful.

Bishop had made up his mind on the elevator up. He wasn't going to chance spacial distortion while he was near the damn thing, and he figured that the machine getting blown to tiny bits would work just as well as an emergency shutdown.

It was time to get the hell off this rock. But before that, he had to go grab Mesk who wasn't there. Seeing as how he was limited in movement, he had to still be on the 4th floor.

Up to the 4th floor and go find Mesk and start dragging his crippled ass back to the elevator.
You press the button and send the elevator up to the 4th floor. You find Mesk in one of the rooms, flopping around like a dying fish. After taking a few precious seconds to press your hand to your faceplate in disgust you grab the cart he somehow manage to get off of and wheel it back over. You grab him by the helmet and proceed to "Accidentally" whack his faceplate against the handle of the cart before throwing him on and wheeling him back to the elevator.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: June 15, 2012, 12:43:38 am »

Now that everyone was on board, Jim hit the button for the first floor.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3697 on: June 15, 2012, 12:57:38 am »

Now that everyone was on board, Jim hit the button for the first floor.
The elevator rises quickly all the way up to the first floor. The small room is brightly lit by internal lights, but the massive door you came in through has been shut.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: June 15, 2012, 01:02:50 am »

"Stupid door... get out of my way!" Jim checked for a control panel first, then his onboard systems to see how much time was left. If he was unable to find a way to open the door normally, he'd just have to melt it off the hinges.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: June 15, 2012, 01:50:58 am »

Feyri stayed silent as her allies entered the elevator and began helping with the hauling.

Knowing the precariousness of the situation, she quickly drafted and sent a message to all within communication range.

Time left before utter destruction?

I'm going down to get that disc. Secure the shuttle, I'll be back.

If...nobody disagrees, slip off and head down. Not literally, but use the ladder down to the observation room, then to the testing room to check on the disc.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 07:57:38 am by Tiruin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: June 15, 2012, 04:40:20 am »

Bishop read the new message from Feyri and promptly placed his entire body infront of the elevator controls and shook his head.

Noone but me is going back down there, and I will only go if I can't open this door from up here. Last time you were near that thing, bad shit happened. It can't happen again now that we are on a time limit. We stay near the door and leave ASAP.

Block the elevator controls and gently but firmly push Feyri out of the elevator. Once she's out, get Mesk, Charro and the HDDSM out of the elevator. Then look for a way to get that door open.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: June 15, 2012, 07:56:53 am »

Oh hell no.

Feyri stopped and stared at Bishop for a few seconds before rapidly tapping on her wristpad.

Bishop, you're more of an asset to the HMRC, and are better at doing most things than I am in this mission. Yes, bad shit happened, but I want to do something right for once.

You're more important here. If the elevator goes screwy, you're the only able person to fix it in time.
She looked up at him before finishing up.
You asked me to trust you, and I do. I'm trusting you with our lives.

You say that thing activated when I was near it. If anything worse, I think I can do something to it that would help the HMRC even more in whatever xenos war we're fighting. These scientists gave their lives in this research, and I don't want to see life wasted.

At least let me retrieve their life's work. Please, Bishop.

If...the timer sinks to twenty minutes and you have no signal or sign of me, take off in the shuttle. The only thing I'm good at now is physical appliance of force, using these two right here. If anything attacks, I'm more equipped to deal with it. Even if it kills me.

'Send to Bishop.'

Feyri relaxed and awaited his reply, hoping he would understand. She had the length of cable wrapped around her arm. It could be of use. Right?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: June 15, 2012, 08:00:44 am »

((Jim, I believe you get a word in this. Feyri is currently contemplating Dirac Sea-assisted suicide.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: June 15, 2012, 08:01:17 am »

((Jim, I believe you get a word in this. Feyri is currently contemplating Dirac Sea-assisted suicide.))
((Dirac Sea?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: June 15, 2012, 08:07:39 am »

((Dirac Sea?))
((...Did you read the previous posts? Dirac Sea means the disc is like a portal to a pocket dimension. A dimension full of strange creatures.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 1256