Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939418 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 3: The Final Countdown.
« Reply #3675 on: June 13, 2012, 04:40:49 pm »

Unaware of the little talk between Bishop and the ship, Mesk smiles at his discovery.  Flipping himself over onto his stomach, he puts his arms on the ground and begins pushing himself around like a surfer.
Try to remember the layout of this floor, then look for, I dunno, useful shit.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: June 13, 2012, 09:18:51 pm »

"FUCK!"

Start a timer on my wrist computer, and a mini display on my HUD, to count down to an hour, then rush upstairs and display the words 'Moon going to be gone in an hour. HURRY.' on my wristcomputer. Then help get the floor of that elevator fixed pronto with Jim's help and then head downstairs to disconnect the HDDSM.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3677 on: June 14, 2012, 01:18:33 am »

Jim attempted to fuse the sheet metal to the elevator to serve as a floor with his amp. If it failed, he could always just grab another piece of metal, after all...

EDIT: If necessary, call elevator to this floor first.

You press the call button and wait a few seconds for the elevator to descend. You drag the metal into the elevator and  position it over the hole.

[exotic:5+1+1]

You attempt to weld the metal plate in place using a careful and precise application of your Amp. You proceed to turn the entire plate into a chunk of molten metal. Luckily the molten steel solidifies and hardens into place, sealing the hole anyways. Huh.

Unaware of the little talk between Bishop and the ship, Mesk smiles at his discovery.  Flipping himself over onto his stomach, he puts his arms on the ground and begins pushing himself around like a surfer.
Try to remember the layout of this floor, then look for, I dunno, useful shit.

You roll around looking for something "Useful". You find a mirror and take a long hard look at yourself. Nope, nothing useful here.

"FUCK!"

Start a timer on my wrist computer, and a mini display on my HUD, to count down to an hour, then rush upstairs and display the words 'Moon going to be gone in an hour. HURRY.' on my wristcomputer. Then help get the floor of that elevator fixed pronto with Jim's help and then head downstairs to disconnect the HDDSM.
The timer on your wristpad flashes 58 minutes as you type "Moon Going to be Gone in an hour. Hurry!" and then send it out to everyone.

That done you run out to the elevator to get it fixed only to see the final glow of heat fading from the recently molten floor.  Huh, looks like thats done.

You spin you your heel and charge back down stairs,  taking the elevator down and yanking the HDDSM's cables out of the computer.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: June 14, 2012, 01:43:03 am »

"'Moon Going to be Gone'?  I love that song!"
Roll over to Materials Management, take a good look around it.  Keep the mirror just in case.

(Just in case I need to feel pretty)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: June 14, 2012, 04:06:31 am »

Jim checked the message, then sent one to everyone on the team - even Charro, which was the problem of hitting Send All.

I've repaired the elevator. We should be ready to get off this fucking rock as soon as Bishop grabs his shit. Anyone have any ideas on how we're going to get back?

Subject 19-3
(Jim)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: June 14, 2012, 05:24:41 am »

Bishop looked at the computer on his wrist and at the message that Jim sent everyone presumably. He took the moment to send a message back to everyone, before wheeling the HDDSM out of the room.

Steve said that when we got all the data, we would be able to use the same ship we came in on to get out. I'll be up in a minute, come downstairs and grab Charro while your waiting. - B

That done, started to push the HDDSM further but stopped and turned to look at the machine that caused all this trouble. That damn thing that was the cause of all this mess...

He wondered if he could do the emergency shutdown in time...

Wheel the HDDSM out to near the enterance of the corridor for the lift and then head back and take a look at the emergency shutdown proceedure and make a estimate on how long it will take to complete. Then head upstairs to the lift with the HDDSM reguardless after taking another look at the timer.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: June 14, 2012, 05:40:49 am »

Jim takes the elevator down and hauls Charro into it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: June 14, 2012, 06:15:54 am »

...even though she can't tell whats a computer and a shoe..."[/color]
((...I hate you all.))
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 06:19:05 am by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: June 14, 2012, 06:42:20 am »

Feyri heard the 'tick' in her suit and checked her wristpad, seeing the messages relayed to everyone.

"Where is the suit manual when you need it!"

She tapped her reply after mentally haranguing herself of not checking for any other methods of communication.

Wait, what? One hour and this moon self-destructs?

What did you do, Bishop. I've not seen any self-destruct button, especially ones painted red and bigger than my fist.

Or...did Steve already decide to blow this place up? What did you discover, has it something to do with that disc?

Jim, I'll be strapping Charro onto me.

Bishop, check the strange machine for anything salvegeable. An hour is a long time to move. Escape velocity from this planet's gravity- assuming the elevator is self-powered and it does not issue it's own field, will only take but a few minutes.

Was that disc portable?

She stopped and shifted the wristpad's sending options to Bishop specifically, then to Jim alone.
. . .
Bishop, take command. I don't know where you've gotten the information you have now, but at least it seems we have enough, judging by the frantic amount of static I'm receiving.

What exactly did you encounter down there? What is the Puddle all about? Any sign of hostiles, or of what caused this massacre?

Jim, sorry to say this, I'm not cut out for this type of duty. I can't even lead a team properly without screwing up the mission, just like last time.

When I do succeed, it is in the rarest of events and in all other times, I'm just like a green recruit in the academies once more. Fumbling around with no idea what to do.

Well, this is only sent to you anyway. Not because I trust you, but you're the first one on in this blasted hell to actually acknowledge me for one.

Haste was the problem. Feyri had trouble communicating what she really wanted to say, there and then.

But it was time to head back to the elevator with everyone.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: June 14, 2012, 08:11:15 am »

When he was pausing to look at the machine in the center of the room, Bishops wristpad pinged with recieved messages. Looking down at them, he was unsure of how to react to them. He knew that if he told anything specific, the worm might try to get aggressive with Feyri or Jim and prevent them from launching in time. He had to reply carefully but somehow try to reassure his teammates.

He was starting to regret not being a people person...

I forwarded the misson status to Steve and he decided to blast this rock into dust with the ships cannons. He doesn't care if we are on here or not, so he fired when I told him how we were doing.

As he saw the private message from Feyri, his heart sank with regret as he knew that answering properly would alert the worm, but he knew that no matter what he said, the worm would start to think something was up. It probably already did with them silencing their radios.

Of course Feyri, I'll get us out of here, one way or another. But I'm afraid that I can't talk about what I know. I need you to trust me, and trust that everything I'm doing right now is for the better for everyone right now. I'm sorry if this is upsetting or something, but it is for the better this way.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: June 14, 2012, 08:23:49 am »

As Feyri moved to the desired location, a familiar ping was heard from her wristpad. Something she wished she took note of earlier.

His words...were unsettling, but she reminded herself of her personal code. This was for the team, and she knew it was for the best.

His intentions were transparent, as far as she saw them. Maybe what he read down there was too shocking...or maybe more of the mathematical jargon seen earlier that he couldn't transcribe.

Alright. I trust you Bishop.

Whatever you've done down there...

Though he did seem frantic by the mention of him personally getting them out of this place. Was it truly a deathtrap?

Questions...questions. He could probably answer a couple more, the elevator was taking it's time anyway.

...just tell us on the way back. Did you ask Steve if whatever we've found down there is salvegeable?

Like...that disc?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: June 14, 2012, 08:39:31 am »

A bead of sweat rolled down his cheek as he read Feyri's latest message. The worm was probing, he was sure of it. Still, he had to answer lest he leave Feyri twisting in the wind.

I'll tell you later when we aren't going to be blown the fuck up. I'm not touching the damn thing while it's on, and I can't figure out how to turn it off, so I think we should just leave it alone and go.

As for the disk, from what I'm able to gather from logs and stuff is that it's not a physical object but a region of space thats bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. We can't take it with us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: June 14, 2012, 08:51:47 am »

Surprise. Curiosity.

Two emotions hitting Feyri at the same time. They all had about an hour, fifty minutes in the least, judging by time elapsed. It surely wouldn't take that long.

But caution, was caution. Escaping a whole moon getting blown up would take... a lot of time, she guessed.

Alright Bishop. I just hope we haven't gotten out of the frying pan, and into the fires of the Styx.

Feyri, over and out.

She would resume communications later on. When...wait a minute.

. . .

Um, sorry for the abrupt reply and for breaching communication etiquette, but one last thing.

Did the HDDSM finish with the information gathering? Tell me later.

She could see her hands tremble on the idea to whether re-activate the comm channels. There was just so many questions.

So little time.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3688 on: June 14, 2012, 01:50:22 pm »

"'Moon Going to be Gone'?  I love that song!"
Roll over to Materials Management, take a good look around it.  Keep the mirror just in case.

(Just in case I need to feel pretty)
You continue on to Materials Management. It looks pretty similar to the manufacturing room except for the fact that it seems to be devoted more to repairs then the creation of new objects. There's lots of broken mechanical things, computers, monitors, and the like, piles of vivisected electronics heaped onto tables and great bins of replacement parts stashed in shelving units against the wall.

Bishop looked at the computer on his wrist and at the message that Jim sent everyone presumably. He took the moment to send a message back to everyone, before wheeling the HDDSM out of the room.

Steve said that when we got all the data, we would be able to use the same ship we came in on to get out. I'll be up in a minute, come downstairs and grab Charro while your waiting. - B

That done, started to push the HDDSM further but stopped and turned to look at the machine that caused all this trouble. That damn thing that was the cause of all this mess...

He wondered if he could do the emergency shutdown in time...

Wheel the HDDSM out to near the enterance of the corridor for the lift and then head back and take a look at the emergency shutdown proceedure and make a estimate on how long it will take to complete. Then head upstairs to the lift with the HDDSM reguardless after taking another look at the timer.
You roll the HDDSM out of the room and then run back and check how long an emergency shutdown would take. Apparently it could be done in seconds but there is that problem of all the warnings about "Massive spacial distortion"  and such.

You spin back and run to the HDDSM. You push it to the elevator platform and get on, slapping the Up button before checking the timer. 54 minutes.

Jim takes the elevator down and hauls Charro into it.
You press the 5 button in the elevator and hum to yourself-a rather futile effort in a vacuum-as it descends. Once you reach the 5th floor you head into the observation room and grab Charro's corpse, dragging it down the hall just as Bishop arrives on the elevator platform. You get the body back to the main elevator and flop it down in the corner.

Feyri heard the 'tick' in her suit and checked her wristpad, seeing the messages relayed to everyone.

"Where is the suit manual when you need it!"

She tapped her reply after mentally haranguing herself of not checking for any other methods of communication.

Wait, what? One hour and this moon self-destructs?

What did you do, Bishop. I've not seen any self-destruct button, especially ones painted red and bigger than my fist.

Or...did Steve already decide to blow this place up? What did you discover, has it something to do with that disc?

Jim, I'll be strapping Charro onto me.

Bishop, check the strange machine for anything salvegeable. An hour is a long time to move. Escape velocity from this planet's gravity- assuming the elevator is self-powered and it does not issue it's own field, will only take but a few minutes.

Was that disc portable?

She stopped and shifted the wristpad's sending options to Bishop specifically, then to Jim alone.
. . .
Bishop, take command. I don't know where you've gotten the information you have now, but at least it seems we have enough, judging by the frantic amount of static I'm receiving.

What exactly did you encounter down there? What is the Puddle all about? Any sign of hostiles, or of what caused this massacre?

Jim, sorry to say this, I'm not cut out for this type of duty. I can't even lead a team properly without screwing up the mission, just like last time.

When I do succeed, it is in the rarest of events and in all other times, I'm just like a green recruit in the academies once more. Fumbling around with no idea what to do.

Well, this is only sent to you anyway. Not because I trust you, but you're the first one on in this blasted hell to actually acknowledge me for one.

Haste was the problem. Feyri had trouble communicating what she really wanted to say, there and then.

But it was time to head back to the elevator with everyone.
(If you want to know if that disk is portable, you'll have to try and grab it, obviously)

You head back to the elevator but someone's already taken it down to the 5th floor. Rather then press the call button or wait for them to come back up for you, you simply take the maintenance ladder down and hop into the elevator through the access hatch on the top.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: June 14, 2012, 02:15:36 pm »

Grab any computers or data storage devices that look intact enough to recover data from, then wheel back to the lift area.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 1256