Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938135 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim waits impatiently for the elevator to finish descending, then continues onward to grab Feyri and forcibly drag her away from the disc.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yeah, why shouldn't you keep staring at the black disc of doom. It is totally harmless, even after you realize it was affecting your mind. :P

Run and save your waifu, Jim.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

(What's worse is that I could help her but she's turned off her radio... Or she said she would, so Bishop believes she did.)

Keep looking, it's in there somewhere! Just don't activate anything unless I'm sure it's what I'm looking for.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Feyri is best Waifu. I must save her. /paraphrasedmeme)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"This...I wonder what it is..." Feyri said, grasping another rung while shifting her laser rifle by pushing the stock connected to it's sling.

Her comm channel was set to 'receive'. She would not transmit anything to her allies, but could hear anything they said.

She was glad, she could hear Charro breathing. The team was not at loss. She wouldn't see anymore deaths of teammates.

Continue the climb. Then look at that disc, and see how high I am from the ground.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Jim waits impatiently for the elevator to finish descending, then continues onward to grab Feyri and forcibly drag her away from the disc.
You wait as the elevator to reach the 6th floor and then sprint toward the testing chamber. You reach it just in time to see Feyri reach the top of the Scaffold and step toward the disk.

(What's worse is that I could help her but she's turned off her radio... Or she said she would, so Bishop believes she did.)

Keep looking, it's in there somewhere! Just don't activate anything unless I'm sure it's what I'm looking for.
[Aux:5] Ah, there it is! You find the program controlling the locking mechanism and unlock it. The elevator should move now.

"This...I wonder what it is..." Feyri said, grasping another rung while shifting her laser rifle by pushing the stock connected to it's sling.

Her comm channel was set to 'receive'. She would not transmit anything to her allies, but could hear anything they said.

She was glad, she could hear Charro breathing. The team was not at loss. She wouldn't see anymore deaths of teammates.

Continue the climb. Then look at that disc, and see how high I am from the ground.
You reach the top of the scaffold and take a few steps forward until you are on the edge of the platform, standing as near to the disk as possible. You begin poking at the controls on the panel there, though you're not sure what you're doing. One of the probes arrayed around the disk moves and expands, sliding into the disk and vanishing within. You connect your suit's audio output to the probe and then completely lose control of yourself, standing stock still as your mouth drops open and something begins to pour out. The same sound that Jim screamed at you before.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Fuck!" Jim immediately cut off all incoming communications as he heard the noise start. He didn't need that shit again as he dragged himself, one-armed, up the ladder after Feyri. He had to disconnect her suit from the probe somehow... he was sure he could figure it out on her wristpad. Then he'd have to stop her from doing it again. That, he wasn't so sure of. Break a leg, probably... the pain and difficulty of moving would stop her from climbing back up. Or he could try melting the probe. Either way, he had to do something fast before Bishop and Mesk went crazy too.

Cut incoming coms to prevent hearing the noise, warn Bishop and Mesk to cut off incoming coms themselves for at least five minutes, climb after Feyri, then, in order of attempting: disconnect her suit from the probe -> melt the probe -> hurl Feyri off of the scaffold in an attempt to severely injure - but not kill - her. Do not do the last step if the first two work.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

(Feyri's not transmitting, we're safe.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

~Wheeeeeee

Regain complete control.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Maybe you are, but I'd rather be certain of it than fighting all three of you by myself again - even if I'm on the good guy team this time. :P)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Maybe you are, but I'd rather be certain of it than fighting all three of you by myself again - even if I'm on the good guy team this time. :P)
((We don't know anything yet, bro. I never get tokens. This does not logically compute. :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((She disabled the comms for transmitting but not receiving according to Tiruin. Also, Jim is acting pretty violent right now towards his special one :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((She disabled the comms for transmitting but not receiving according to Tiruin. Also, Jim is acting pretty violent right now towards his special one :P))
((Actually, I should've edited it in the dialogue when I said it to Bishop earlier but it sounded awkward so...profit!))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(@Tiruin: Again, don't know if we can hear it or not, but I'm assuming we can until told otherwise.
@Caellath: That's a meta-joke and has little bearing on in-game events. :P Also, if it saves her from this weird alien shit, I'm sure she'll forgive him for it later.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

~Wheeeeeee

Regain complete control.

"Fuck!" Jim immediately cut off all incoming communications as he heard the noise start. He didn't need that shit again as he dragged himself, one-armed, up the ladder after Feyri. He had to disconnect her suit from the probe somehow... he was sure he could figure it out on her wristpad. Then he'd have to stop her from doing it again. That, he wasn't so sure of. Break a leg, probably... the pain and difficulty of moving would stop her from climbing back up. Or he could try melting the probe. Either way, he had to do something fast before Bishop and Mesk went crazy too.

Cut incoming coms to prevent hearing the noise, warn Bishop and Mesk to cut off incoming coms themselves for at least five minutes, climb after Feyri, then, in order of attempting: disconnect her suit from the probe -> melt the probe -> hurl Feyri off of the scaffold in an attempt to severely injure - but not kill - her. Do not do the last step if the first two work.
(she's not transmitting.)

Jim mounts the ladder and sprints up, reaching the top just in time to catch feyri as she collapses backward, unconscious and, as far as he can tell, silent.

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 1256