Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937739 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Whew... I'm in envy of your endurance Jim. We'll see if there's a spare arm in the base for you somewhere once I'm done with the computer. Come on Feyri, I need your help with getting the thing out of the bottom of the elevator shaft and onto the 5th floor."

Untie the cable attached up here and then head downstairs and use the cable to help pull the HDDSM onto the 5th floor with Feyri.
...we don't talk about May...
((I lol'd in good humor. TCM makes it good...in a contorted version of the word.))

"Alright, Jim, you take the rear, I'll take that side over there across Bishop," Feyri replied.

At the back of her head, she wondered if this was all a hazard mission, a "PvE" as it was abbreviated. Mesk and Charro were incapacitated, though obviously not dead...

"I'll try to look for some leverage."

Look for any item to aid in pulling the HDDSM. And Help Bishop.
Jim shrugged modestly. "It's a good platform. It does not sicken, it knows neither hunger nor thirst nor pain, the arms do not tremble from exertion, the legs do not grow weary, there are no troublesome organs such as lungs distracting me. And best of all I can lose an arm and a head and still complete my mission," he said. "Once I help you with this, I'm going to go look for an arm."

Jim goes down the elevator shaft to help with lifting the HDDSM into the fifth floor, then heads back up to Manufacturing to look for a new arm.
The remaining, mobile members of the team head down to the 5th floor after Bishop frees the cable from its upstairs mooring. Feyri and Bishop head up into the 5th floor while jim stays below to help lift and position the HDDSM.
[jim str:1]
[bishop:5]
[feyri:5]

They heave and ho and pull and tug and get the data storage device up to the 5th floor.
(Jim, with that "New arm" are you looking for anything in particular or just a generic chunk of metal to weld on there?)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(I'm looking for anything that can reasonably function like a normal human arm and hand, even if the hand has to be something like a pair of pincers. It's only temporary after all. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"Alright, now all we need to do is to move this down to...the test chamber, then to the Main Computer. Then there's the problem of hauling the thing back to the shuttle.

Six floors back.

Can anyone find something to...move this? Anti-gravity? The life support has been cut, but we're all safe unless anything comes and cuts us. Well, most of us. MKI suits aren't that protective when it comes to force."

Scout ahead for any suitable object that could help carry the HDDSM.

And keep watch for any hostiles again. Head to the test chamber and Main Computer room.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Alright, now all we need to do is to move this down to...the test chamber, then to the Main Computer. Then there's the problem of hauling the thing back to the shuttle.

Six floors back.

Can anyone find something to...move this? Anti-gravity? The life support has been cut, but we're all safe unless anything comes and cuts us. Well, most of us. MKI suits aren't that protective when it comes to force."

Scout ahead for any suitable object that could help carry the HDDSM.

And keep watch for any hostiles again. Head to the test chamber and Main Computer room.

You look around for some sort of hover pod or rocket to help carry the HDDSM back up while you head to the main computer room. You don't see anything like that as you go. 

(I'm looking for anything that can reasonably function like a normal human arm and hand, even if the hand has to be something like a pair of pincers. It's only temporary after all. ^^^)
You head back up stairs into the manufacturing room and look around. There's nothing particularly arm like around here, but there are some clamps. You could always weld one of those to your arm. It's not a hand, but it could hold something.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 06:28:30 pm by piecewise »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(I don't suppose I would be able to fashion something with any sort of range of motion, though. :-\)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

(I don't suppose I would be able to fashion something with any sort of range of motion, though. :-\)
Well, you could stick it on some sort of joint or something. Or you could try to manufacture something better using the parts around there, but thats gonna be a series of rolls.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"We'll just have to use the elevator to get this thing upstairs. Come on, let's get this over with."

Take this thing downstairs via the lift and then wheel it into the computer room, giving the strange machine a wide berth, and plug the HDDSM into the main computer, and begin the download.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"We'll just have to use the elevator to get this thing upstairs. Come on, let's get this over with."

Take this thing downstairs via the lift and then wheel it into the computer room, giving the strange machine a wide berth, and plug the HDDSM into the main computer, and begin the download.
You push the cart down the hall and to the elevator, then on to the computer. Feyri's already there, looking a bit twitchy. You unwrap the cords and plug the HDDSM into the computer.  You begin downloading the contents of the memory.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Right then, just to be sure if that Computer doesn't emit any white noise thing while we wait for download, I'll be shutting off my comms for the moment. Timed to reactivate when the HDDSM uploads all information." Feyri said as she moved over to the Main Computer room door, continuing to watch the disk.

"Jim, when you're done, get down here."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Mesk watches the others' movements with interest.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Right then, just to be sure if that Computer doesn't emit any white noise thing while we wait for download, I'll be shutting off my comms for the moment. Timed to reactivate when the HDDSM uploads all information." Feyri said as she moved over to the Main Computer room door, continuing to watch the disk.

"Jim, when you're done, get down here."
You walk out of the computer room and into the testing chamber; the disk hangs in place in the center of the ring as always. But now you feel a strange sensation as you look at it, something like...homesickness? It suddenly seems so inviting, so warm and comfortable. You can't help but take a few longing steps toward it before you blink and shake your head. Why would you feel like that?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Bishop nodded and waved Feyri off as he finished connecting the HDDSM. Seeing the familiar progress bar, he smiled with satisfaction. They were almost done...

Put the progress meter on my wrist computer like last time and then browse the computer for the elevator controls, specifically the elevator emergency clamps.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Alright, um" Feyri blinked again as she looked at the disk, "anomaly detected. I'm starting to like looking at that disc.

"Like I...like it. Um, Jim. Help?"

Glare at the disc for making me feel emphatic towards it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(My waifu is in danger? *Jim's nonexistent ears that he wouldn't have on his melted head anyway perk up*)

"Stay right there, Feyri. I'm coming to get you." Jim headed straight to where Feyri is quickly, but with all due caution. Once there he would examine the situation and make plans then.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Bishop nodded and waved Feyri off as he finished connecting the HDDSM. Seeing the familiar progress bar, he smiled with satisfaction. They were almost done...

Put the progress meter on my wrist computer like last time and then browse the computer for the elevator controls, specifically the elevator emergency clamps.
You bring up the progress bar on your wristpad again and then begin looking through the computer for a way to unlock the elevator's clamps. [Aux:3] Uh...well it's in here somewhere...you're just not sure where...hm...

"Alright, um" Feyri blinked again as she looked at the disk, "anomaly detected. I'm starting to like looking at that disc.

"Like I...like it. Um, Jim. Help?"

Glare at the disc for making me feel emphatic towards it.
You continue to look at the disk and realize that it's getting closer to you...no, you're moving towards it. Your feet are carrying you toward the scaffolding even while your eyes remain glued to the disk. You reach the ladder up and begin to climb.

(My waifu is in danger? *Jim's nonexistent ears that he wouldn't have on his melted head anyway perk up*)

"Stay right there, Feyri. I'm coming to get you." Jim headed straight to where Feyri is quickly, but with all due caution. Once there he would examine the situation and make plans then.

You hop up out of the elevator shaft and onto the 5th level, running all the way to the elevator platform and slapping the button as you skid onto it. You begin to descend. 
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 1256