Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939535 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Plan B
« Reply #1665 on: April 27, 2012, 01:47:54 pm »

Mason beckons the group into the temple, keeping an eye out for movement.

"Hey, how's that x-ray vision and motion tracker stuff going? Any interesting hits?"
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: April 27, 2012, 01:51:31 pm »

((Raptor Jesus is my Lord.))

Milno turned back to Mason.
"Nothing showing on the tracker so far, but depending on the speed of whatever killed those, it will not help much before we get eviscerated."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: April 27, 2012, 01:52:04 pm »

"Nope, not yet. I'll keep checking though." Jim activated his motion tracker as he said so, just in case.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: April 27, 2012, 01:53:31 pm »

"Just remember, if you see a tree, plants, a statue, anything that irks you or captures your attention, keep on guard. These fungus things are good at hiding as regular objects, and we don't even know what's controlling them yet. Whatever it is... Its coming from in here."

((GM, restate where the different doors lead again please? Thanks =) ))
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: April 27, 2012, 02:01:31 pm »

[intuition roll:1] This is probably where the space pope lives. He's reptilian.
((Also make use of your intuition rolls, people.))

Milno looked around but could not find nothing out of the ordinary aside from thinking this place looked connected to religion in some way.
"Examine the area around you. If something uses your entrails to strangle you to death, it won't be my fault."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: April 27, 2012, 02:34:43 pm »

((...So, what should I do?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: April 27, 2012, 02:38:56 pm »

((...So, what should I do?))
((Check the area and be useful :V))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1672 on: April 27, 2012, 02:39:15 pm »

"Nope, not yet. I'll keep checking though." Jim activated his motion tracker as he said so, just in case.
You activate your motion tracker. Your teammates glow a soft yellow as they mill around.

"Just remember, if you see a tree, plants, a statue, anything that irks you or captures your attention, keep on guard. These fungus things are good at hiding as regular objects, and we don't even know what's controlling them yet. Whatever it is... Its coming from in here."

((GM, restate where the different doors lead again please? Thanks =) ))
There are three exits from that room. The one straight forward looks like it leads back outside, probably into the area beyond the wall. The other two, left and right, lead off into the rest of the temple.

>Jim, Milno, Mesk, Thomas, Mason and Elizas
You mill around outside the door, debating what to do. ADVENTURE! EXCITEMENT! INDECISION!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: April 27, 2012, 02:46:31 pm »

((I just checked and the MkIII has 20km worth of flight capability. I don't need to be so tighfisted about fuel, yay.

A question on the weapons' range bonus, GM:

If I happen to change the laser rifle settings so it turns into a laser shotgun, would it turn from this:
 Laser Rifle
   Range: Short:+0 Medium +1 Long+0
To this?
 Laser Rifle - High-Powered Shotgun Setting
   Range: Short:+1 Medium +0 Long-1))

Milno frowns.
"Could we get going? That bomb won't wait forever and the secondary objective is straight ahead. Just pay attention to your surroundings."
Milno attaches the borrowed Tesla Sabre to his hip and takes the laser rifle from his back, changing the setting to a higher intensity and a different diffraction, to turn it into a laser shotgun. He holds it into his right hand and the gauss in the left. Follow people who don't know they'll die soon.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:44:48 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: April 27, 2012, 03:01:46 pm »

Since it seems everyone's waiting for him to take the lead, Jim advances to the next secondary objective.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: April 27, 2012, 03:37:07 pm »

Follow Jim!  Close enough to be protected by his body.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: April 27, 2012, 04:16:06 pm »

Follow Jim!  Close enough to be protected by his body.
((Yay tinshields! :- )
Also, piecewise, could you please define the weapon ranges' boundaries, if loosely?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: April 27, 2012, 04:43:09 pm »

"Well, I think I'll also follow Jim." Thomas looks around for anything to light his cigarette and follows Jim close enough to be protected by his mighty robot body.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: April 27, 2012, 04:53:02 pm »

Mason tails behind the group, taking in the scenery.

"What manner of profane temple is this? To what eldrich horrors is this hallowed ground dedicated, slumbering beasts of the voidic abyss? What manner of madness gave birth to this strange land's fungal monstrosities, so eager to toy with our sentient minds... There is more to this architectural blasphemy than the simple erection of virgin stone... Whatever abomination this temple serves may indeed be hidden among its twisting corridors..."

Mason stands quietly after quoting something that sounds a lot like the 20th century writer Lovecraft, searching for carvings and etchings that may point to who or whatever created this place.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: April 27, 2012, 04:54:37 pm »

To what eldrich horrors is this hallowed ground dedicated
((Raptor Jesus.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 1256