Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939497 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Plan B
« Reply #1680 on: April 27, 2012, 04:55:25 pm »

To what eldrich horrors is this hallowed ground dedicated
((Raptor Jesus.))

((Int roll 1... You were on the equivalent of a drug-induced mindfuck. Also, fuck raptor Jesus. Space Cthulhu is the way to go.))
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: April 27, 2012, 04:58:59 pm »

((Intuition roll 1 is the way to go. And none of you tried to perform better, meaning we may as well be walking on top of the giant maws of a monster and we won't realize it. Don't complain :V))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: April 27, 2012, 05:00:31 pm »

((Intuition roll 1 is the way to go. And none of you tried to perform better, meaning we may as well be walking on top of the giant maws of a monster and we won't realize it. Don't complain :V))

((I emoted examination, but the GM didn't roll it yet.))
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1683 on: April 27, 2012, 06:20:00 pm »

((I just checked and the MkIII has 20km worth of flight capability. I don't need to be so tighfisted about fuel, yay.

A question on the weapons' range bonus, GM:

If I happen to change the laser rifle settings so it turns into a laser shotgun, would it turn from this:
 Laser Rifle
   Range: Short:+0 Medium +1 Long+0
To this?
 Laser Rifle - High-Powered Shotgun Setting
   Range: Short:+1 Medium +0 Long-1))

Milno frowns.
"Could we get going? That bomb won't wait forever and the secondary objective is straight ahead. Just pay attention to your surroundings."
Milno attaches the borrowed Tesla Sabre to his hip and takes the laser rifle from his back, changing the setting to a higher intensity and a different diffraction, to turn it into a laser shotgun. He holds it into his right hand and the gauss in the left. Follow people who don't know they'll die soon.
(Pretty much, yeah. Such things aren't listed though, since it's not the main function.)

You clip the telsa sabre to your hip and unsling the laser rifle, taking a moment to fiddle with the knobs and change the intensity and diffusion rates. You up the intensity from 1 to 5 and crank the diffusion from low to high. You shift the gauss rifle into your left hand and hold the laser rifle in your right, sweeping them back and forth as you follow the group in.

Since it seems everyone's waiting for him to take the lead, Jim advances to the next secondary objective.
Follow Jim!  Close enough to be protected by his body.
Follow Jim!  Close enough to be protected by his body.
((Yay tinshields! :- )
Also, piecewise, could you please define the weapon ranges' boundaries, if loosely?))
"Well, I think I'll also follow Jim." Thomas looks around for anything to light his cigarette and follows Jim close enough to be protected by his mighty robot body.
Mason tails behind the group, taking in the scenery.

"What manner of profane temple is this? To what eldrich horrors is this hallowed ground dedicated, slumbering beasts of the voidic abyss? What manner of madness gave birth to this strange land's fungal monstrosities, so eager to toy with our sentient minds... There is more to this architectural blasphemy than the simple erection of virgin stone... Whatever abomination this temple serves may indeed be hidden among its twisting corridors..."

Mason stands quietly after quoting something that sounds a lot like the 20th century writer Lovecraft, searching for carvings and etchings that may point to who or whatever created this place.

(Ranges (roughly) 0-30- feet short, 30-100 feet medium, 100 feet onward long.)
Jim takes the lead as the group heads carefully through the main entry room and out into the outdoor area beyond. Mason stops a moment to examine the walls, looking for any sort of writing. [int roll: 3+1] He comes to the conclusion that, though  there's no writing, the way these things are made seems very familiar, very human. The columns and domed roof are reminiscent of the old temples of humanity.

The group makes it beyond the the entrance room and past the threshold to the walled off area. The area appears to be an expertly manicured garden, vast in scale, containing all manner of flowering plants and fruit laden trees, square trimmed hedges and vine choked statues. A path of smooth white stones meanders from where you are standing, out through the garden, disappearing into a grove of trees.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:28:20 pm by piecewise »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: April 27, 2012, 06:21:05 pm »

Alright guys. I'm off for most of the weekend, try not to get me killed please. <_<

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: April 27, 2012, 06:23:39 pm »

"I vote we burn it all to be safe."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: April 27, 2012, 07:05:59 pm »

Observe the Fauna to calculate the various species.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: April 27, 2012, 07:07:50 pm »

"Hmm... The grove is obviously a trap." Thomas looks around, searching for any other exits or enemies.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: April 27, 2012, 07:13:31 pm »

"Ok wise veterans, what are the chances this garden is just a garden?  Almost nil, right?"
Turn all my mental powers to analyzing the temple and the garden.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1689 on: April 27, 2012, 07:48:50 pm »

Observe the Fauna to calculate the various species.
[Int roll:6] Clearly these are all very specially chosen flowers with deep metaphorical meanings. These red flowers here symbolize a loss of innocence, these blue ones here with the abandonment of faith, these yellow ones with alcoholism, and you're pretty sure this tree is Freudian. Yes, what an amazing art installation this is.

"Hmm... The grove is obviously a trap." Thomas looks around, searching for any other exits or enemies.
You look around, examining everything carefully. There are no other exits you can see, aside from the door you just came from, and nothing seems overtly sinister. Nothing even seems to be moving, everything is perfectly still.

"Ok wise veterans, what are the chances this garden is just a garden?  Almost nil, right?"
Turn all my mental powers to analyzing the temple and the garden.
[Int:2] This place is a complete puzzle to you; there are dozens of possibilities as to what it could be but none seem to fit. It's beyond the scale of your knowledge and experience.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: April 27, 2012, 07:52:58 pm »

"Hmm... This is certainly interesting." Thomas takes his cigarette out of his pocket and begins to roll it in between his fingers, a thoughtful expression on his face. "Did anyone see something I didn't or is the Park of Obvious Traps the only way in?"Thomas looks into the Grove of Devastation and Horrors, attempting to spot traps.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: April 27, 2012, 09:18:14 pm »

((Ok, got my connection back.))

"Part of this garden may only be a garden. But the chances are sparse that it keeps going the same way until we reach the end of this marked path to that grove. The highest odds is that there is something that wants to kill us in a very painful way there."
Milno analyzes the garden (including flowers) and tries to scan the grove of trees from where he is.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:39:06 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: April 27, 2012, 09:31:56 pm »

"So that's a no on burning the plants in case they're causing hallucinations?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: April 27, 2012, 09:38:44 pm »

"So that's a no on burning the plants in case they're causing hallucinations?"
"Or they could trigger a deadly trap as soon as we try to do something to them. You never know aliens, they may be the fruity, flower-loving kind."
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1694 on: April 27, 2012, 09:44:00 pm »

((NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS: in the interests of making things make more goddamn sense I've changed to ranges (check my last post) and adjusted the ranges on certain weapons, namely ones with nuclear goddamn tips, and removed the ranges on the nuclear charges because frankly they'd need a "Way the fuck away" range to make any sense. To put it simply I'm gonna start treating nukes more like nukes so...yeah, you better stand faaaaaar back otherwise you're getting gibbed or worse. And no saying "Go outside its range". Thats no fun. Give me a distance or a landmark. Basically, I'm making everything even more lethal because one teammate fucking up a roll while setting a bomb could wipe the entire squad. Have fun~))

((Ok, got my connection back.))

"Part of this garden may only be a garden. But the chances are sparse that it keeps going the same way until we reach the end of this marked path to that grove. The highest odds is that there is something that wants to kill us in a very painful way there."
Milno analyzes the garden and tries to scan the grove of trees from where he is.
You look around the garden. [Intuition roll:1] Perhaps this is the secret woodland home of the space pope's loyal band of day laborers. That cluster of trees is probably the "Grove of the discontent gardener" or maybe "The shire of the Maid who isn't getting paid this week because the Space pope suspects she stole his fancy hat".

You nod to yourself. Yes, yes, it's all coming together.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 1256