Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942094 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2 starting soon. Enlist now!
« Reply #675 on: April 15, 2012, 12:11:02 am »

Milno smile grows even wider.

"Yeah, it is a running gag! It is called your medic cares more about tokens than about your life. Do not get nervous, though. If you make it back alive, you get prosthetics or a full body replacement, depending on how many pieces of you they were able to retrieve."

He moves his left arm and then nods his head towards Jim.

"See?"

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 15, 2012, 12:15:40 am »

((I'll take the honey badger thing as a compliment by the way. Thank you, GM.))
((Incidentally, this is the primary advantage some sort of X-COM/space opera thing would have over this game- there'd be more of a sense of, er, personal gain, and probably freedom, and presumably personalization, so you could totally paint a honey badger on your armor after this. :P

Not that this doesn't have its advantages as well, of course, but it does bring out some longing for other things.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 15, 2012, 12:19:12 am »

(You should see about getting that artificial hand modded into a badger-type claw. Or just paint one on it. :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 15, 2012, 12:20:09 am »

((I'll take the honey badger thing as a compliment by the way. Thank you, GM.))
((Incidentally, this is the primary advantage some sort of X-COM/space opera thing would have over this game- there'd be more of a sense of, er, personal gain, and probably freedom, and presumably personalization, so you could totally paint a honey badger on your armor after this. :P

Not that this doesn't have its advantages as well, of course, but it does bring out some longing for other things.))
((Incidentally, I'll try to get Milno to paint a honey badger on his MkIII shoulderplate. Let's say his artistic skills are a little better than mine and he's good to go. Also, lineart of dermonster's character is almost done.
Plus: I'll write Honey Badger Don't Give A Shit and Honey Badger Don't Care on my armor too, if allowed to.))
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 12:31:27 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 15, 2012, 12:20:59 am »

By mentioning lineart, you have doomed yourself. Could I get a portrait?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 15, 2012, 12:21:59 am »

badger claw
((...that could totally work and totally be brilliant. Shred your enemies, dig through packed soil, and pillage honeybee nests with equal ease!))

(( Also, lineart of dermonster's character is almost done.))
((Dohohohoho. :D))

By mentioning lineart, you have doomed yourself. Could I get a portrait?
((I don't think you want to know what this entails. ^_^))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 15, 2012, 12:23:04 am »

((Scelly totally wants a CHIBI IMAGE of him in a FRILLY DRESS, EARRINGS and TIARA. Ofc.))
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 15, 2012, 12:23:55 am »

First, thoughts go through Adrians head about how cool being a robot would be, thinking out loud, he says
"I'm not really interested in that"
Adrian looks at Milno, worried then says
"Who's the medic?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 15, 2012, 12:25:22 am »

Milno looks through the door.

"The medic will leave with you. You'll discover who the medic is when the first of you gets wounded, because she will be looking the other side and searching for something to loot."

Milno talks to the air:

"Hey, Steve. I just had an idea. Am I allowed to paint my armor and prosthetics?"
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 15, 2012, 12:26:31 am »

Adrian points to the melee in front of them,
"Is that her?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 15, 2012, 12:27:53 am »

((Scelly totally wants a CHIBI IMAGE of him in a FRILLY DRESS, EARRINGS and TIARA. Ofc.))
That would be amazingly badass.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 15, 2012, 12:29:24 am »

Milno turns back to the newcomer.

"No, that is not her. This one is Feyri, the powersliding mercenary. She won't be joining you because she is lovestruck with the cyborg and they got to stick together."

That would be amazingly badass.
((I may try to do it after I finish dermonster's one. First Irony must approve dermonster's rendition though.))
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 15, 2012, 12:31:24 am »

"The medic will leave with you. You'll discover who the medic is when the first of you gets wounded, because she will be looking the other side and searching for something to loot."
((I read that in such a cloak and dagger/espionage thriller voice. :P

"The medic will be on your plane. You will know the medic by a small tattoo on the underside of her wrist. She will be carrying a small package. You must recover the package and dispose of the medic. If you are captured or killed..."))

((Also, you really don't need my permission to do fanart, even if it were a literal thing I created and not just someone in a style I happen to be using. :P))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #688 on: April 15, 2012, 12:43:15 am »

So, when's the next briefing starting?
When everyone else buys their gear and gets their asses in the briefing room. It's a fail safe to make sure everyone will actually show up to play. I sent a pm to Pentragram guy.
Am I included in this?
Yep. I posted in reply to your original post a while ago. You're in the next mission. Just head to the briefing room after buying your stuff.

"Oh wow, I could only dream of this stuff back home!"
Adrian purchases a laser rifle, a scout eye, anti-shock meds and Coagulant boosters.  Then, he heads off to the gym, hopefully being able to get a peek at what his new teammates specialize in, and how he could work best with them.

((Thanks Tiruin!))
You purcuse your weapons and delicious medications and then head off to the Rec room. You take a seat next to Milno.

((Heh, instead of showing the obvious 5 + [glorious sacrifice] token value for Jim. Steve gives an automated body that has hidden stats!

Perfect.

Also, no problem Spinal. Don't try to get yourself killed.  :P Incapacitated is much better.

Y'know, mostly.))

"I'll oblige then."

Feyri crouched from her position and spread her arms out wide, studying Jim's form and which parts to strike. Anatomy and Medicine was not her forte, but being a mercenary, knowing where to hit would work in her favor.

Sadly, the lower body was mostly encased in armor...

Tackle by the midsection.

She hoped Steve wasn't really watching by camera.

Jim's counter was to step aside, put a hand on the back of her head as she passed, and push slightly to send her off balance and make her fall down. Call it some form of chivalry if you'd like, but he wasn't about to use an untested amount of strength on a woman.

Feyri dex roll:5
Jim dex roll: 2

Feyri rushes forward with surprising speed, ducking under Jim's grasp, and connecting with his midsection.

Feyri Strength roll:2
Jim Strength roll:5

Jim doesn't move an inch as Feyri struggles against him, shoving with all her might. After a few seconds of ineffectual pushing Jim steps to the side and Feyri skids off him and goes stumbling away.

Feyri Dex roll:6

Feyri recovers nearly instantly, rolling gracefully and popping back up right on her feet...and facing the wrong way.

((As per personalizing armor and stuff, feel free. Ask the armory master for paints and stuff. As long as it won't effect your combat effectiveness, it's all free. And Milno could always just sharpen his finger tips himself if he really wanted to.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 15, 2012, 12:50:22 am »

Jim immediately went on the offensive, stepping in to put Feyri in a sleeper hold while her back was turned.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 1256