Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944789 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Feyri : Professional Soldier
« Reply #195 on: April 06, 2012, 11:01:37 pm »

Milno:

"Oh yeah, I forgot I had brought these!"

Offer Feyri the painkillers so she can use them if the damn leg starts to bother again.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 06, 2012, 11:27:53 pm »

Oh. I had thought they went into the other room.

Journey into southern rooms and hallways. Look for symbols or other interesting things.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #197 on: April 06, 2012, 11:38:52 pm »

Oh. I had thought they went into the other room.

Journey into southern rooms and hallways. Look for symbols or other interesting things.
Like this?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 06, 2012, 11:41:00 pm »

And right on through the hallway the arrow ends at, yes. Unless there's something interesting to stop and look at in the other room.

Of course, now that you've mentioned it I'm pretty sure there's a dual plasma cannon waiting in the darkness for me.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #199 on: April 06, 2012, 11:49:25 pm »

And right on through the hallway the arrow ends at, yes. Unless there's something interesting to stop and look at in the other room.

Of course, now that you've mentioned it I'm pretty sure there's a dual plasma cannon waiting in the darkness for me.
Nah, I always try to be exact on what people want to do,death traps or not.

You leave the room and walk back out to the main hall and continue south. The first room to the south is empty, unsurprisingly, but the second is a different story. Situated in the center of the room is a large, perfect cube, about a meter on each side. On the east wall is an inscription.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 06, 2012, 11:53:43 pm »

"I... huh. I wonder if there's anything down the other hallway, or just more inscriptions?"

Intuition check?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #201 on: April 06, 2012, 11:59:45 pm »

"I... huh. I wonder if there's anything down the other hallway, or just more inscriptions?"

Intuition check?
[intuition roll: 4]

Well...you're fairly certain that cube isn't dangerous...maybe it's a container? That inscription...those things on the right side sort of look like the tower you're in, if there were lots of them side by side...that circle is marked like the planet  back on the other inscription...and those square things...people maybe?

As per whats down the main hall, you can only guess. Maybe more rooms, maybe laser death...probably laser death.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 07, 2012, 12:01:23 am »

Attempt to gain access to box. Search around, press on things, slide things, and so on.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 07, 2012, 12:02:57 am »

Feyri:

"Thanks for those painkillers Milno! And Faith for...checking up on me." Feyri noted with a downcast note in her voice. Her anger at the medic for not doing her work subsided and was replaced with...pitiful regret. She regretted swearing all over the radio-coms but it looked like Faith did not mind.

"About that plaque thing, I think it resembles the one on the first satellite to get out of our solar system, decades ago. However, I don't think this may help us at all. Too abstract. I'll...be helping our last squadmate. Somehow."

Get Jim and return to group. Do not get Jim if my process of getting him will kill him.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #204 on: April 07, 2012, 12:34:48 am »

Attempt to gain access to box. Search around, press on things, slide things, and so on.

You walk up to the cube and stare at it. Its surface is perfectly smooth, no latches are handles or seams. Hm. You side your hand across the top of it to no effect. It seems solid. You tap it and poke it. Nothing happens. You press the tips of your gloved fingers against it and scrape upward, trying to find a seam or something to grab hold of. To your surprise a fist sized chuck of the thing separates from the whole. The separated bit is as perfectly cubical as the whole, like a tiny replica. You fiddle with the small cube and discover that, if you press in just the right ways, the cube will shift and reform itself, edges seemingly folding into nothing, into other geometric shapes. Weird.

Feyri:

"Thanks for those painkillers Milno! And Faith for...checking up on me." Feyri noted with a downcast note in her voice. Her anger at the medic for not doing her work subsided and was replaced with...pitiful regret. She regretted swearing all over the radio-coms but it looked like Faith did not mind.

"About that plaque thing, I think it resembles the one on the first satellite to get out of our solar system, decades ago. However, I don't think this may help us at all. Too abstract. I'll...be helping our last squadmate. Somehow."

Get Jim and return to group. Do not get Jim if my process of getting him will kill him.

You hobble back outside, still limping but feeling much better. You find the upperhalf of jim laying near the doorway and, with a good deal of effort due to your bum leg, drag his body into the building, resting it just inside the door.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 07, 2012, 12:43:18 am »

Jim remains half-vaporized and deceased. It is probably a mercy to Feyri his face is hidden, because the expression of a man who's been 50% disintegrated is probably horrific.

:P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 07, 2012, 12:47:43 am »

Weird indeed...

Keep messing with it, trying to, uh... trying to discover something?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 07, 2012, 12:53:40 am »

((Wait, JIM IS DEAD?!  :'( ))

Check for vital signs in Jim's...body.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 07, 2012, 12:56:30 am »

(You just now noticed? :P Caellath was joking awhile back about the fact Jim lost everything below the navel.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 07, 2012, 12:59:24 am »

((I have no humor...

:'( ))

Return to group.

"Hey everyone, I found Jim!"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 1256