Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: X-Com: The Two Sides [Alien Thread] >2.0<  (Read 48266 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com: The Two Sides [Alien Thread] >2.0<
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2012, 08:18:05 pm »

Things don't go well for my inverse game against Burnt. He took out a tank and a soldier for 2 Sectoids.  :-\

Otherwise, it still appears fairly balanced. However, March just rolled around the corner, so I'll be seeing terror missions soon.

In other news, I have enough time for another piecewise update! Woo~

Next time: Terror Mission. Spoiler: It involves mind control and exploding cyber disks.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2012, 08:37:29 pm »

Near as I can tell, you get score for having actual combat missions. Like, the first terror mission wouldn't count for score, but the one you've yet to show us would. The supplies seem to be in the rough ballpark of your score.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2012, 08:57:28 pm »

Near as I can tell, you get score for having actual combat missions. Like, the first terror mission wouldn't count for score, but the one you've yet to show us would. The supplies seem to be in the rough ballpark of your score.

My belief was that it related to the number of missions I partook in. Since I'm using bigger ships, I have less of them. I had at most in the last update like 3 ships at a time. Which reduced the number of missions, and therefore resources.

However, you may have a point. So what, the amount of DAMAGE I take during X-com missions determines supplies? Interesting.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2012, 03:34:06 pm »

Looking at what little evidence we have, you got 2000 score from getting wrecked in the first 28 days, then when you got the abductor, your number of combats dropped massively, and your score plummeted as well.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2012, 03:55:48 pm »

This should demoralize him.

What a true prophecy.  Did you write that before or after Burnt quit?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2012, 03:59:20 pm »

I'm confused. What is this? Multiplayer alien-enabled X-COM? o_O Or am I confused. Yep, I'm confused.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 20, 2012, 04:06:36 pm »

I'm confused. What is this? Multiplayer alien-enabled X-COM? o_O Or am I confused. Yep, I'm confused.

One person controls X-COM while the other handles aliens. It's got other features not in the base game (like high explosives breaching UFOs, sniper rifles, additional exit from the skyranger etc.). Sadly it's unfinished as the developers got a cease & desist from rights holders. You can still find it in the dark corners of the internet, though I don't know what's the latest version.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2012, 04:08:31 pm »

GENIUS.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2012, 04:13:40 pm »

One person controls X-COM while the other handles aliens. It's got other features not in the base game (like high explosives breaching UFOs, sniper rifles, additional exit from the skyranger etc.). Sadly it's unfinished as the developers got a cease & desist from rights holders. You can still find it in the dark corners of the internet, though I don't know what's the latest version.
Unless someone can point me at an official source that says otherwise, I'm pretty sure that they never actually got a cease & desist. Judging from what I remember from their 'so long, farewell' post on their forums, they just saw the new games coming out the X-COM IP and were starting their own game studio up and decided that they'd better play it safe than sorry. Which is really unfortunate, because they were *so close*.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2012, 04:16:21 pm »

After.  ;)

What. It makes a good read.  :P

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2012, 04:20:33 pm »

After.  ;)

What. It makes a good read.  :P

Spoken like a true LPer.  ;D

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2012, 05:30:57 pm »

How do you make 2 ships attack at the same time? I tried setting 2 ships to go after the same target but only one attacks?

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 20, 2012, 05:38:55 pm »

Got to set them to Control Groups, hold control and press 1, menu comes up and lets you allocate planes to that group. Not a great idea if one plane is running out of fuel, btw, as both planes have to be there for them to attack, just one plane will allow the UFO to escape. You can still control them individually to avoid that.

However, it's a good idea for hitting any UFO of medium size (And almost mandatory for Large ones), as with sufficiently good luck those UFOs can shoot down an Interceptor.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 20, 2012, 06:09:15 pm »

Final update until a replacement is found.

Note: There are so many soldiers to keep track of, I just didn't bother. I only took a screen shot what I figured it would be interesting/note worthy.

Spoiler: Update 6: Terror! (click to show/hide)

...and that's it. I'll continue to post minor updates from my inverse game, and prompt minor discussion topics, until we get a replacement, I do a different LP, or I get bored.  :P

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2012, 04:42:44 am »

Huh.  Nice update, but kinda sad that I can't press my claim to the first terror ship. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17