Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Drawception: a game of Miscommunication  (Read 90333 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Drawception: a game of Miscommunication
« Reply #345 on: April 24, 2012, 12:23:53 pm »

If people make bad drawings, we should  be able to -1 them, so they learn from their mistakes.
what? i think you're missing the point of the game.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 24, 2012, 12:27:15 pm »

Thumbsdown was never really intended for "bad" drawings.

EDIT:
Btw, can you make the script work for sandbox mode? (pretty low-priority imo, but anyway)

*Quick peek* In theory the script's replacements should work just fine as is.  I just have to find the right divs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 24, 2012, 01:59:19 pm »

True. But its better to have people learn from their mistakes. Anyways.
Btw, it seems that your script is not working for me.
I'm using chrome, and it doesnt work, even tough its activated. Previous versions DID work. (1.8 atm)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 24, 2012, 02:03:34 pm »

I'm using chrome, and it doesnt work, even tough its activated. Previous versions DID work. (1.8 atm)

Huh.  It's the same issue I had a few posts ago where it would add the elements, but the scripts were broken.  Looking into it.

Edit:
I might've been running a prior version.  I did a "check for updates" (which got me 1.8 ) and then refreshed the page and it's working fine.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 02:11:58 pm by Draco18s »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 24, 2012, 04:31:55 pm »

Ugh, someone has been thumbing down all my game starts. http://drawception.com/player/41614/descan/ Look at this! I was at 10 points and now I'm at -6. :I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

shotgun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 24, 2012, 04:44:08 pm »

All the downvotes will be removed soon anyway

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 25, 2012, 07:43:50 am »

Huh.  It's the same issue I had a few posts ago where it would add the elements, but the scripts were broken.  Looking into it.

Edit:
I might've been running a prior version.  I did a "check for updates" (which got me 1.8 ) and then refreshed the page and it's working fine.
Very weird. Even reinstalling doesnt work for me.
Well, i'll do without it until drawception updates, see if it works after you update it to the new version.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 25, 2012, 09:09:03 am »

Edit:
Very weird. Even reinstalling doesnt work for me.
Well, i'll do without it until drawception updates, see if it works after you update it to the new version.

Weird.
I got a small request (submit hotkey), so I'll be updating the script again today, though it likely won't fix your issue.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 25, 2012, 10:05:14 am »

ARGH.

/Connect via Yahoo - Won't Work
/Connect via Facebook
/Website says to please connect through the Yahoo account I've previously used
/Try again, still can't connect to Yahoo on the website's side.
/Rage
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 25, 2012, 06:12:50 pm »

If people make bad drawings, we should  be able to -1 them, so they learn from their mistakes.

Only good drawings ever get thumb-ups, so the system already rewards drawing well. It isn't really necessary to also penalise drawing badly.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 26, 2012, 08:50:03 am »

Anyone (still) having any issues with the expanded colors script lately?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 26, 2012, 01:32:10 pm »

Only good drawings ever get thumb-ups, so the system already rewards drawing well. It isn't really necessary to also penalise drawing badly.
this also isn't a game to teach people how to draw, nobody would learn anything from being thumbed down without any constructive criticism and eventually banned from too many thumbs down. also, not everyone wants to become an artist and i doubt that's the intention of this game, people get into this to have fun, that's the whole purpose of this game.

kollektiv

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 27, 2012, 05:55:20 pm »

Hey Dracos, I gave you some feedback about two hours ago in the topic about the color pink on the drawception forums.  I was wondering if you might help me understand how to change the color using javascript, specifically through executing code in the location bar, or in firefox, in the javascript scratchpad.  I'm not that familiar with Javascript or the DOM object model so I am confused about how to pass the drawApp.setColor('#0055AA') to the correct element.  My goal is to get you to tell me how to change the color, and then to write an Ahk script for automated drawing pixel by pixel, you know, for educational purposes.  I already cooked up a script for eight directional and 2:1 dimetric movement, so the automated drawing is what I've set my eyes on next.. also it would be very interesting to know how some people modify the canvas directly too...
I'll be totally stoked at whatever info you have, and definitely pm it if it's info on the canvas ;)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 27, 2012, 06:45:34 pm »

Hey Dracos, I gave you some feedback about two hours ago in the topic about the color pink on the drawception forums.  I was wondering if you might help me understand how to change the color using javascript, specifically through executing code in the location bar, or in firefox, in the javascript scratchpad.  I'm not that familiar with Javascript or the DOM object model so I am confused about how to pass the drawApp.setColor('#0055AA') to the correct element.  My goal is to get you to tell me how to change the color, and then to write an Ahk script for automated drawing pixel by pixel, you know, for educational purposes.  I already cooked up a script for eight directional and 2:1 dimetric movement, so the automated drawing is what I've set my eyes on next.. also it would be very interesting to know how some people modify the canvas directly too...
I'll be totally stoked at whatever info you have, and definitely pm it if it's info on the canvas ;)

drawApp.setColor() is telling the drawApp class (which is an external js file) to run it's function setColor().

As long as your greasemonkey calls that function, it should work.  Though you will have to embed that code somewhere on the page (i.e. in an <a> tag) and make sure you append your new HTML to the unsafewindow.  Don't work inside the sandbox, or those calls to the external scripts won't work.

(In getting that link for you, I had to load up a game to play, out of sheer luck I got "Worm fucks a tiny bird," so I drew it.  Took me 9 minutes and 48 seconds. Game it's from.)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:51:06 pm by Draco18s »

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 30, 2012, 09:17:36 am »

Drawception script updated.  Will no longer scroll to the top of the page when changing colors and brush sizes. 8)
Turned out to be deceptively simple.

Edit:
Went out and found some script version checking code and incorporated it.  The script can now check it's own version number and alert the user if it is out of date, as it seems that while Chrome is good about checking and updating scripts...Firefox is not (even with a badly out of date script and doing a forced "check for updates" Firefox does not find/download the new script).

Hopefully this will reduce some complaints.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 10:30:45 am by Draco18s »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27