Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975450 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4500 on: October 22, 2013, 03:27:20 am »

When setting up a server, I didn't download the vanilla server. I just ran the forge .jar file and it created the files (and I made a launch .bat file, but I doubt that's relevant.) Have you tried running the forge .jar into just an empty folder?

Hmm. Maybe that's it. I'll have to give that a try.

@Max, Yeah I used the server button for the forge install.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4501 on: October 22, 2013, 05:58:44 am »

Yeah, I think it was Ars Magica changing things. Not sure exactly, but I figured out a workaround using custom recipes.

However, I'm having a problem and the internet is failing me.

I'm trying to start up a new server and get this modpack working on it now that I have it functioning in SP. But I can't seem to get it to generate a world using the mods.

I downloaded the Minecraft Server for 1.6.4 into a new folder.
I installed the Forge server into that folder.
I copied my mods folder and config folder into that folder.
I start up the server, using the Forge jar and not the Minecraft executable.
It builds a world and runs without crashing or giving any errors, but I don't see any messages about loading up mods (or about forge at all, for that matter).

Most of the mods don't seem to work. None of the world-gen stuff is there, and while NEI sees the recipies I'm not sure the items are actually in the world. My mini-map works, but that's about it. Ars Magica shows the tab for the various items it adds, but clicking on the tab doesn't do anything.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? The stuff I've found online so far LOOKS like it should be going correctly but obviously it's not.
Are you running the forge .jar file or the vanilla server jar?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: October 28, 2013, 01:58:21 pm »

Got all that figured out. A fresh reinstall of forge seems to have fixed it.

I do have a new issue, though. We haven't been able to find diamonds at all on the server. Multiple mines in different biomes, and not a single person has found a diamond yet. Emeralds show up reasonably frequently (although only 1 or 2 at a time.) Same for Lapis, Redstone, and gold.

Anyone know if any of these mods mess with diamond gen? Searching the minecraft forums hasn't yielded any results so far.

Ars Magica 2
Thaumcraft 4
Millenaire
Minecraft Comes Alive
Extra Biomes
Underground Biomes
Agriculture
Balkon's Weapon Mod
Metallurgy
Battlegear
Natura
Tinker's Construct
Archimede's Ships
Railcraft
Traincraft
Project Bench
Gravestones
Mo'Creatures

Doesn't seem like any of them would but...we should have found at least a few diamonds by now. I may have to add in a custom recipe to make them if we can't figure out what's going on.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: October 28, 2013, 02:11:28 pm »

My money is on underground biomes.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: October 28, 2013, 03:43:12 pm »

I'm installing Resonant Rise for ATLauncher, boy that thing is bloated. But at least I can test TC4 without having to build a decent modpack to automate shard collection :D

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: October 28, 2013, 04:13:45 pm »

I always wondered, how do people get anything done playing in a server with ICBMs enabled? Are they always scorched-earth like full PVP servers, or people just are asked to behave :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4506 on: October 28, 2013, 04:41:00 pm »

I always wondered, how do people get anything done playing in a server with ICBMs enabled? Are they always scorched-earth like full PVP servers, or people just are asked to behave :P
You don't let others find out where your base is I suppose.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: October 28, 2013, 06:00:33 pm »

Ars Magica 2
Thaumcraft 4
Millenaire
Minecraft Comes Alive
Extra Biomes
Underground Biomes
Agriculture
Balkon's Weapon Mod
Metallurgy
Battlegear
Natura
Tinker's Construct
Archimede's Ships
Railcraft
Traincraft
Project Bench
Gravestones
Mo'Creatures
Well its not Undergound Biomes, that works fine with diamonds.
Go into creative mode and make sure the item actually exists. It is unlikely to be the problem, but best to check that first.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: October 28, 2013, 07:58:59 pm »

Ars Magica 2
Thaumcraft 4
Millenaire
Minecraft Comes Alive
Extra Biomes
Underground Biomes
Agriculture
Balkon's Weapon Mod
Metallurgy
Battlegear
Natura
Tinker's Construct
Archimede's Ships
Railcraft
Traincraft
Project Bench
Gravestones
Mo'Creatures
Well its not Undergound Biomes, that works fine with diamonds.
Go into creative mode and make sure the item actually exists. It is unlikely to be the problem, but best to check that first.

Yeah, checked that. Diamonds exist and Diamond Ore exists. They're just not showing up anywhere.
Come play Mafia with us!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: October 28, 2013, 08:34:53 pm »

Most of those listed I have tried and diamonds still spawn...

Strange, I don't think any of them mess with the way ores spawn, most just register the ore cluster and don't worry about it... Check the config options for Metallurgy I guess. There should be a document for vanilla ores, make sure diamond is enabled.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4510 on: October 29, 2013, 06:36:20 am »

At a guess, I'd wager on Railcraft messing with it. There's probably a mod the author doesn't like installed, so it disables diamond generation.

I say this because this is the second time I've heard of a modpack with Railcraft installed and worlds not genning diamonds.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4511 on: October 29, 2013, 06:39:25 am »

At a guess, I'd wager on Railcraft messing with it. There's probably a mod the author doesn't like installed, so it disables diamond generation.

I say this because this is the second time I've heard of a modpack with Railcraft installed and worlds not genning diamonds.
This sounds like a really silly and unfounded accusation. Do you have any reasoning why railcraft's author would do this?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: October 29, 2013, 06:41:04 am »

If that's true, then that's just plainly being a jerk.
However it's understandable if he/she dosn't want the mod to be dependent on too many other mods, whenever an update is released.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4513 on: October 29, 2013, 09:42:01 am »

This sounds like a really silly and unfounded accusation. Do you have any reasoning why railcraft's author would do this?

Well, for one, CovertJaguar really really likes the idea of DRM in mods. Primarily in, duh, Railcraft - he introduced a DRM kind of thing that other people eventually patched out. CovertJaguar, SirSengir, and GregoriousT are the kind of people who would do such a thing where if you install their mod alongside a mod they personally dislike, their mod proceeds to fuck with your game. Why do I say this? Because they're done things like that before:

• CovertJaguar implemented DRM inside Railcraft that would check other mods to see if they'd been modified by other mods and promptly crash your game if so. That is: Railcraft would check, say, RedPower2 to see if it had been modified by a fan-made patch for a bug Eloraam hadn't fixed, and then crash the game.
  • SirSengir implemented a function inside Forestry that would query what directory it was inside, and if it was inside the directories used by the Technic Launcher, the mod would proceed to spawn bees that destroyed your world. He did this because the Technic Pack at the time had included Forestry without asking him, and he didn't even bother to ask for it to be removed, just decided "Fuck the user!".
  • GregoriousT has had, for a long time, code inside GregTech to crash your game if it is inside directories used by the Technic Launcher - which has necessitated either third-party patching or putting the modpack somewhere else in your filesystem. He's also added code to generally humiliate other modders, as well as deliberately creating incompatibilities with other mods and then blaming the other mod.

If that's true, then that's just plainly being a jerk.
However it's understandable if he/she dosn't want the mod to be dependent on too many other mods, whenever an update is released.
It's not a matter of being dependent on other mods, it's a matter of "I don't like this mod or the mod's creator, so if you the user decide to use this mod alongside my mod, fuck you." It's a very passive-aggressive attempt at censorship and trying to control how John Q. User plays his game. It comes with a mindset where your personal vision of what Minecraft should be is paramount over everything else, and everyone else has to abide by that or get fucked. It's very egotistical and focused more on self-aggrandizement than on simply making something fun and interesting.

TLDR: Minecraft modders are terrible people.

E: If you can't tell, I really, really, really dislike these guys and the way they try to control how other people have fun.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:44:20 am by dragonshardz »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: October 29, 2013, 09:50:29 am »

E: If you can't tell, I really, really, really dislike these guys and the way they try to control how other people have fun.
From what you say, I suppose it's well in your right to do.
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 326