Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975422 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4485 on: October 15, 2013, 07:05:18 am »

All sounds quite interesting and I might be enticed to join in if it goes underway. The only problem is I really have little to no experience installing mods for Minecraft so I'd need a rather detailed guide as to what versions, where from and how to install them all and in what order. You know, all that annoying stuff.  :P

Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: October 15, 2013, 09:44:23 am »

Just dropping this out here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1650966-152battlechatter-friends-list-customizable-gui-irc-modloaderforgeview-friends-health-1000-downloads/

No idea if it's any good.

EDIT: Dunno if there's a 1.6 version either.

EDIT2: Pity, apparently not.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 09:46:09 am by Sergius »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4487 on: October 15, 2013, 09:45:02 am »

Good or not, its not updated.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: October 15, 2013, 04:30:15 pm »

You could include the Unique Artifacts mod if you want.
You should also consider it, Forsaken.
However a warning to you who are playing with this mod..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: October 18, 2013, 10:58:34 am »

Ugg. One of the mods I have installed messes with the default arrow recipe. That's a pain. Even more of a pain, it seems to be doing something that messes with my ability to make a custom recipe to make metal arrows for some reason.

I think it might be Natura, but NEI doesn't show you where a recipe comes from. Which means I need to go through the hassle of uninstalling mods one at a time until I find it. And then I need to figure out how to fix the issue.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: October 18, 2013, 11:10:47 am »

Its been a while since I played, but I am pretty sure that there is a NEI mode that separates recipes by mod.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: October 18, 2013, 11:17:34 am »

Its been a while since I played, but I am pretty sure that there is a NEI mode that separates recipes by mod.

Really? I'll have to see if I can find that. I didn't see anything obvious last night, but I'll check again.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: October 18, 2013, 02:30:48 pm »

I think there's a drop-down menu in the top bar.

It doesn't work perfectly, or at least didn't a few months ago. Maybe it's gotten better. It doesn't show all recipes, or all recipes in a mod.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: October 19, 2013, 02:16:42 am »

Hmmm, I'm playing on FTB unleashed, and I've been trying to scroll between the upgrades on my power tool/fist, but it isn't working. If I hold down shift it still changes the place of my hotbar, and doesn't change my power fist mod. I've gotten it to switch twice, but only after randomly messing with the shift key and scroll wheel. Anyone know how to fix this?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 03:56:23 am by Micro102 »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: October 19, 2013, 02:22:41 am »

Ugg. One of the mods I have installed messes with the default arrow recipe. That's a pain. Even more of a pain, it seems to be doing something that messes with my ability to make a custom recipe to make metal arrows for some reason.

I think it might be Natura, but NEI doesn't show you where a recipe comes from. Which means I need to go through the hassle of uninstalling mods one at a time until I find it. And then I need to figure out how to fix the issue.
I'm running Natura and my arrow recipe is fine, so not that.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: October 21, 2013, 11:41:23 pm »

Yeah, I think it was Ars Magica changing things. Not sure exactly, but I figured out a workaround using custom recipes.

However, I'm having a problem and the internet is failing me.

I'm trying to start up a new server and get this modpack working on it now that I have it functioning in SP. But I can't seem to get it to generate a world using the mods.

I downloaded the Minecraft Server for 1.6.4 into a new folder.
I installed the Forge server into that folder.
I copied my mods folder and config folder into that folder.
I start up the server, using the Forge jar and not the Minecraft executable.
It builds a world and runs without crashing or giving any errors, but I don't see any messages about loading up mods (or about forge at all, for that matter).

Most of the mods don't seem to work. None of the world-gen stuff is there, and while NEI sees the recipies I'm not sure the items are actually in the world. My mini-map works, but that's about it. Ars Magica shows the tab for the various items it adds, but clicking on the tab doesn't do anything.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? The stuff I've found online so far LOOKS like it should be going correctly but obviously it's not.
Come play Mafia with us!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: October 22, 2013, 12:21:29 am »

When setting up a server, I didn't download the vanilla server. I just ran the forge .jar file and it created the files (and I made a launch .bat file, but I doubt that's relevant.) Have you tried running the forge .jar into just an empty folder?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: October 22, 2013, 12:52:10 am »

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? The stuff I've found online so far LOOKS like it should be going correctly but obviously it's not.
Well I'm not a server guy but it sounds like it is still using the default profile, instead of the forge one. Not sure if there is a way to change it, or if that is even your problem, but that would be my first point of research.

Also, I'm assuming you used the forge installer and clicked the server button, rather than a manual installation, right?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: October 22, 2013, 01:01:01 am »

Has ArsMagica2 come out yet???
Might try coming back to Forsaken's server if its out soon...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: October 22, 2013, 01:11:55 am »

Yes it has.
Still a few issues to iron out, but getting there. There seems to be minimal crashes at least. Still can't use staffs though.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 326