Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 954617 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3660 on: February 10, 2013, 07:30:42 am »

The map has EE3, but it's only accessible after using Thaumcraft alchemy to frame how much better it is.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3661 on: February 10, 2013, 08:21:58 am »

I wouldn't really call that a fair comparison considering TC 3 has already got what, the first three tech tiers complete, whereas EE3 is still in prerelease format :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: February 10, 2013, 08:28:32 am »

It's more the concept than execution. TC3 uses aspects in every item to do its transmutation and the process is a little lossy, losing one nugget of a bar every time and most of them are equal with one or two extra aspects thrown in. EE3 does a straight equal trade for arbitrary amounts, like eight iron for one gold. When the creator of EE3 throws out alternate concepts from what he has used before I'll revise my statement, but I'm only seeing him change the medium through this process happening and not the process itself much.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3663 on: February 10, 2013, 08:39:07 am »

Fair point then, and I do agree TC3 is much more interesting and fun to use than EE3 is likely to be.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: February 10, 2013, 08:46:14 am »

I would suggest checking out the Ars Magica mod.  It is also a work in progress, but its based upon the same magic system that Thuamcraft 1 and Thaumcraft 2 was based on; the Ars Magica RPG.   Its a little wonky with working with other mods; but most of that is just ID conflicts and the like.  It does add real spells and a bunch of other stuff, and the last I heard, the authors of Ars Magica and Thaumcraft were talking about allowing cross-compatibility between the two mods later on, which will be pretty cool.

"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: February 10, 2013, 09:50:45 am »

I think Darkling said he was using Forsaken's pack, wich means that he has Ars Magica.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: February 10, 2013, 12:32:04 pm »

Normally I'm not terribly interested in skyblock maps, primarily because building air structures that look nice is a pain in the ass. Feed The Beast was a nifty idea to give them more of a purpose and introduce a ton of mods, but the dependance on EE2 turned me off. I dislike how EE turns all resources into a universal nebulous currency and those maps depend entirely on that.

Sky Den is a similar map that uses custom NPC's with custom trades to get all the resources you can't immediately grow. It was actually pretty fun to play. Doesn't even have many mods, primarily Redpower, Thaumcraft 3 and a few small mods like Enchanting Plus, Treecapator and the NPC mod that makes it all possible.

But really the saving grace of it is giving you the tools for making an automatic cobble harvester the moment you reach the Skyden.

Thanks for the share, looks really interesting

Edit: Been at this for an hour or so and really enjoying it, the quest system is very unique.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 01:23:46 pm by Briggsy16 »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: February 10, 2013, 02:12:56 pm »

Ars Magica looks fantastic except for the actual graphics, looks sorta janky. When it stops having such wild incompatibilities with other mods I'll give it a deeper look.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: February 10, 2013, 02:42:25 pm »

The only issues I've found with it are config issues.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: February 10, 2013, 04:56:15 pm »

Yeah, if you take the time, you can work out the config ID conflicts without too much hassle.  It uses the high-end 20000's, so you can easily fix them if you know what you're doing.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: February 12, 2013, 11:55:30 am »

Normally I'm not terribly interested in skyblock maps, primarily because building air structures that look nice is a pain in the ass. Feed The Beast was a nifty idea to give them more of a purpose and introduce a ton of mods, but the dependance on EE2 turned me off. I dislike how EE turns all resources into a universal nebulous currency and those maps depend entirely on that.

Sky Den is a similar map that uses custom NPC's with custom trades to get all the resources you can't immediately grow. It was actually pretty fun to play. Doesn't even have many mods, primarily Redpower, Thaumcraft 3 and a few small mods like Enchanting Plus, Treecapator and the NPC mod that makes it all possible.

But really the saving grace of it is giving you the tools for making an automatic cobble harvester the moment you reach the Skyden.

I just discovered this map on my own, and caught your post over on the MC forums. Was surprised to see Weaver of RubyQuest fame working on something some so cute and not horrifying... but then I remembered this:
Spoiler: All of my D'awwwwww: (click to show/hide)

Anyway, I have to second your recommendation. I'm a few hours into a 2-man playthrough, and having a great time; it's vastly more fun than other skyblock/survival challenges I've seen in the past. I'm going to be doing a little Video LP Series on it too.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: February 12, 2013, 04:02:05 pm »

Only problem I have with it is a lot of waiting around. I'm currently waiting for Cacti and Pumpkins to grow to do the next quests.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: February 12, 2013, 04:49:18 pm »

So I was derping around with the Voltz Modpack on singleplayer mode.
Maybe derping a bit too much, because I set up the coordinates for the nuke destinations a bit wrong,
which resulted in me being blown to smithereens along with my base of operations.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:51:04 pm by Ultimuh »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: February 13, 2013, 01:17:01 pm »

Can someone tell me the name of that mod that is under development that is basically a forge version of BTW?
Better with Forge?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: February 13, 2013, 01:22:33 pm »

Can someone tell me the name of that mod that is under development that is basically a forge version of BTW?
Better with Forge?
I think it was Better Than Forge? It was a very under the table deal so you will probably find more hits for the BTW forums than the actual project.
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 326