Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975199 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3630 on: January 22, 2013, 12:28:13 pm »

Mystcraft is honestly, at its current state, one of the mods I want to avoid. I am, however looking forward to where it's going. I just feel at the moment it's unfinished and broken. (Not from a buggy, mechanical point of view, just from a balance point of view.) I'll probably do just that though, once it's more fleshed out and creating a whole new universe is a bit more expensive than killing a chicken, a cow, and harvesting some sugar cane.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: January 22, 2013, 12:41:28 pm »

Make yourself a pocket dimension for building your workshop in. I hope you feel ender pearls are enough of a cost for a cool little toy? Major problem is a lack of aura in those places when playing Thaumcraft.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: January 22, 2013, 02:15:27 pm »

It actually does look quite nice. I might look into it. The demostration video someone did doesn't really explain much, but it shows some promise.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: January 22, 2013, 03:55:13 pm »

Make yourself a pocket dimension for building your workshop in. I hope you feel ender pearls are enough of a cost for a cool little toy? Major problem is a lack of aura in those places when playing Thaumcraft.
Can't you just plant a silverwood there and have that make a node?

And yeah, it seems confusing at first, but after the initial "wtf", it makes sense. The best way to think of it is as a tree diagram. Iron doors make new layers down. Wood doors will climb back up a layer. Hatches will climb up as high as they can.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: January 22, 2013, 03:57:12 pm »

Can't you just plant a silverwood there and have that make a node?

And yeah, it seems confusing at first, but after the initial "wtf", it makes sense. The best way to think of it is as a tree diagram. Iron doors make new layers down. Wood doors will climb back up a layer. Hatches will climb up as high as they can.

I seem to recall someone (in this thread? Maybe in Forsaken's server thread) saying silverwood can only grow based on the number of plants that were in the chunk when it was created? Don't know if they're full of crap or not.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: January 22, 2013, 04:05:37 pm »

Silverwood trees require a little aura to grow. Hopefully a tool that simulates a node will be added to Thaumcraft, or this mod adds that worldgen functionality.

There is a tool in the mod to link two doors of different "trees", so you can have doors all over the map to a central hub. They just need quite a few ender pearls for all the doors and links you'll be making.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: January 22, 2013, 08:02:33 pm »

Silverwood trees that are generated during worldgen are based upon the number of trees grown within a chunk ,as well as the realitive strength of the aura in the area.  A lone silverwood tree may grow in a chunk with a very high aura and no trees; but its more likely to get two or more silverwood trees in a chunk with alot of trees and a rather <500 ranged aura node in it.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: January 29, 2013, 01:23:12 am »

I think I finally realized the type of dangerous mod I've wanted. I was thinking of having a world in control of a force that wants to find and kill you. First thing that comes to mind are randomly generated forts or towns where things constantly spawn and survey the area. If you are spotted then enemies will hunt you down and destroy your stuff.. Chances are you will die if spotted until you get some better gear. Combined with the stuff like quantum armor in IC, or thaumcraft items, I feel it could really spice up my game. Now....Please tell me something like this already exists.

EDIT:And to make it true survival, cold and heat, diseases, and thirst.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 01:39:49 am by Micro102 »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: January 31, 2013, 12:34:14 am »

I just made my first mystcraft world and was terrified. All I saw was complete darkness, and after waiting for it to load for a time I got the feeling that it wasn't going to. I looked around and behind me was nothing but a door with a blinding white light coming from it. I hesitated, but then started walking to it, and then the world fully loaded, wishing that hadn't.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3639 on: January 31, 2013, 05:52:41 am »

I think I finally realized the type of dangerous mod I've wanted. I was thinking of having a world in control of a force that wants to find and kill you. First thing that comes to mind are randomly generated forts or towns where things constantly spawn and survey the area. If you are spotted then enemies will hunt you down and destroy your stuff.. Chances are you will die if spotted until you get some better gear. Combined with the stuff like quantum armor in IC, or thaumcraft items, I feel it could really spice up my game. Now....Please tell me something like this already exists.

EDIT:And to make it true survival, cold and heat, diseases, and thirst.
If you manage to put something like that together, let me know. I'd enjoy running a survival type super hostile server with weather effects and thirst and such.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: January 31, 2013, 10:18:11 am »

Lol I wish I had the coding ability for that.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: February 01, 2013, 12:30:50 pm »

I just purchased minecraft recently and I've spent more time reading about mods and trying to decide what to install than I have spent playing the game.

I'm trying to get a fun singleplayer survival experience out of the game. So far I'm pretty interested in trying the millenaire and mo creatures mods. I was hoping some of you more experienced players could suggest a few other mods that you feel add to the singleplayer experience of the game.

Thanks!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: February 01, 2013, 01:14:01 pm »

If you haven't played vanilla minecraft yet, just do so. Unless of course you've been watching let's plays with mods, and if so, I suggest trying the Tale of Kingdoms mod.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: February 01, 2013, 01:19:22 pm »

I just purchased minecraft recently and I've spent more time reading about mods and trying to decide what to install than I have spent playing the game.

I'm trying to get a fun singleplayer survival experience out of the game. So far I'm pretty interested in trying the millenaire and mo creatures mods. I was hoping some of you more experienced players could suggest a few other mods that you feel add to the singleplayer experience of the game.

Thanks!

I like thaumcraft but the new version (3) is a work in progress so you might want to wait a bit to try it. Otherwise, Industrial craft 2 was great when i tried it but you might want to wait for it to update to the current minecraft version. Equivalent Exchange 2 was interesting but once again it's not up to date and EE3 is in the works. I didnt play it much but Buildcraft and Forestry also add many interesting elements, and i heard a lot about redpower. Oh and Mystcraft is really convenient sometimes, and quite original.

Edit : I'm not sure that's what you were asking for though. Those mods are great if you like crafting but probably not what you're looking for if you want to go adventuring.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:21:59 pm by Sirian »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: February 01, 2013, 01:21:36 pm »

Well he did say a survival experience, so I wouldn't think he would want mods that add technology.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 326