Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975193 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3645 on: February 03, 2013, 02:51:10 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've been diligently sifting through mods since I last posted and finally came up with the right mix. Unfortunately 3 minutes into playing it minecraft locked up and spat out a crash report.

Now I tried my best to follow the installation instructions for each of the mods so I'm not sure what went wrong. My best guesses are:

- That some of the mods I picked don't play well together
- That some of the mods I picked don't like the newest version of forge or they don't like the newest version of minecraft ( I made sure that they were all at least for 1.4.6 - 'cause I read the 1.4.6 ones mostly work with 1.4.7)
- That even though I tried to follow the installation instructions I still manage to fudge something up

Here's a snippet of what I'm assuming is the most important bit of the crash log:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't really understand it, but I'm assuming that a concurrent modification exception means that more than one mod is trying to modify the same thing causing the game to crash. Now my question is what is the best way to go about troubleshooting an installation?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: February 03, 2013, 02:57:00 pm »

I think it would be a lot easier to help you if you posted the mods you were using.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: February 03, 2013, 03:29:08 pm »

I'm using Forge (universal 1.4.7-6.6.0.518), Rei's Mini-map, Ars Magica, Thaumcraft, Backpacks, Craftguide, Mo' Creatures, Goblins, Millenaire, Steamship and Twilight Forest.

I'm currently combing through the various mods' forum threads to see if there's anything blatantly obvious I did wrong.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: February 03, 2013, 03:30:21 pm »

Millenaire hates forge.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: February 03, 2013, 03:41:58 pm »

Millenaire hates forge.

Thank you!

That's too bad though, it was one of the mods I was most interested in using.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 03:46:00 pm by Wiles »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: February 03, 2013, 05:07:05 pm »

Millenaire hates forge.
Millenaire requires forge. It just dislikes working properly with other mods.

Millenaire doesn't update as often as forge. You need a specific version of forge for any other mod. Forge updates and you can't unless you only use forge and nothing else.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3651 on: February 05, 2013, 01:37:42 pm »

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3652 on: February 09, 2013, 09:02:34 am »

My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: February 09, 2013, 09:22:47 am »

Yep. I like the various glowing ores, especially from the Xycraft set.  8)
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: February 09, 2013, 09:57:27 am »

Yep. I like the various glowing ores, especially from the Xycraft set.  8)
But that's where the use for xycraft ends.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: February 09, 2013, 09:58:39 am »

The blocks are pretty snazzy.
My cabbages!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: February 09, 2013, 10:32:53 am »

I'm using Forsaken's server pack, combined with Tekkit Lite, with Redpower Machine removed, and a bunch of IC and BC addons installed.
My cabbages!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: February 09, 2013, 11:31:03 am »

Normally I'm not terribly interested in skyblock maps, primarily because building air structures that look nice is a pain in the ass. Feed The Beast was a nifty idea to give them more of a purpose and introduce a ton of mods, but the dependance on EE2 turned me off. I dislike how EE turns all resources into a universal nebulous currency and those maps depend entirely on that.

Sky Den is a similar map that uses custom NPC's with custom trades to get all the resources you can't immediately grow. It was actually pretty fun to play. Doesn't even have many mods, primarily Redpower, Thaumcraft 3 and a few small mods like Enchanting Plus, Treecapator and the NPC mod that makes it all possible.

But really the saving grace of it is giving you the tools for making an automatic cobble harvester the moment you reach the Skyden.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: February 09, 2013, 12:40:55 pm »

I've already switched to using EE3, and don't have that issue of using EE energy any longer. xD Then again, when I get stuck and need resources, I still end up using Cheat Engine instead of NEI to get them.  :P
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: February 09, 2013, 12:48:27 pm »

Normally I'm not terribly interested in skyblock maps, primarily because building air structures that look nice is a pain in the ass. Feed The Beast was a nifty idea to give them more of a purpose and introduce a ton of mods, but the dependance on EE2 turned me off. I dislike how EE turns all resources into a universal nebulous currency and those maps depend entirely on that.

Sky Den is a similar map that uses custom NPC's with custom trades to get all the resources you can't immediately grow. It was actually pretty fun to play. Doesn't even have many mods, primarily Redpower, Thaumcraft 3 and a few small mods like Enchanting Plus, Treecapator and the NPC mod that makes it all possible.

But really the saving grace of it is giving you the tools for making an automatic cobble harvester the moment you reach the Skyden.
Thanks for sharing this. Should be an interesting twist on Skyblock (still one of my favorite maps, btw :P ).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 326