Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 974940 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3180 on: October 28, 2012, 12:54:23 pm »

Thanks dude
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: October 28, 2012, 04:49:59 pm »

Huh, didn't know the Nether can be tainted. I knew it had the various aura and taint values, but the Hell biome doesn't seen terribly high in either bar.

Also: Taint totally taints glowstone.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3182 on: October 28, 2012, 05:02:01 pm »

Huh, didn't know the Nether can be tainted. I knew it had the various aura and taint values, but the Hell biome doesn't seen terribly high in either bar.

Also: Taint totally taints glowstone.
Are you still on 1.2.5 using thaumcraft 2?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: October 28, 2012, 08:03:16 pm »

The term 'still on' implies that I'm somehow a version behind, but yeah using TC2. Just didn't figure netherrak was on the list of taintable materials.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3184 on: October 28, 2012, 08:35:35 pm »

The term 'still on' implies that I'm somehow a version behind, but yeah using TC2. Just didn't figure netherrak was on the list of taintable materials.
well I didn't mean it in a negative way but yes, 1.2.5 is an old version. Can't wait for TC3

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: October 28, 2012, 09:13:20 pm »

anyone else using the newest version of terrafirmacraft? says it needs some API instead of just Forge. tried it out and all of a sudden my hp bar is an actual bar, and my stamina bar is split into two parts.

oh, and all mobs are practically invincible. cant kill them at all, and when they inevitably kill me i get poisoned and slowed for a minute, which is absolutely wonderful when its nighttime and you dont have shelter.

anyone else getting these problems?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: October 28, 2012, 10:33:12 pm »

TFC has again provided a problem without a cure.  HP went from 20/20 to 1000/1000 and mob health, mob damage, and weapon damage changed to match.  It's functionally no different, but allows a finer grain of detail.

Except according to some people, unarmed damage hasn't changed, so you can punch a zombie for hours.  Also HP Regen rate hasn't changed, so it takes 2 days to recover from an arrow.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: October 28, 2012, 11:46:10 pm »

The punching is probably a bug, but I'd guess the healing is on purpose.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: October 29, 2012, 07:04:43 am »

Nope, punching will stay where it's at according to Bioxx (TFC author). Make a knife for early combat instead.
edit: Build 56 just released, so you can also make javelins for early combat (he forgot to update them with the rest of the weapons)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:28:16 am by Peewee »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: October 29, 2012, 07:11:01 am »

well I didn't mean it in a negative way but yes, 1.2.5 is an old version. Can't wait for TC3
It's not negative, but it implies that TC3 is somehow out. I'm using the absolute latest version of the mod available so your language really confused me.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3190 on: October 29, 2012, 07:14:37 am »

It's not negative, but it implies that TC3 is somehow out. I'm using the absolute latest version of the mod available so your language really confused me.
Essentially I was asking if you were still using TC2 or had I somehow missed that TC3 was now out. You had me excited.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: October 29, 2012, 07:22:56 am »

In other news I read that the new IC beta made a change to nukes so they require a wrench to disarm. Normally I'm a little critical of the wrench mechanic in IC but this strikes me as hilarious if it retained its failure rate, except on failure the nuke begins detonating. Unlike the frustration of losing a machine we already know you don't place down a nuke unless you are willing to blow whatever is near it. And I know there will be somebody on Youtube who goes through some drama involving this.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: October 29, 2012, 07:54:45 am »

In other news I read that the new IC beta made a change to nukes so they require a wrench to disarm. Normally I'm a little critical of the wrench mechanic in IC but this strikes me as hilarious if it retained its failure rate, except on failure the nuke begins detonating. Unlike the frustration of losing a machine we already know you don't place down a nuke unless you are willing to blow whatever is near it. And I know there will be somebody on Youtube who goes through some drama involving this.
Get an elecgric wrench and set it to fool-proof mode.
Carry around a bat/lappack. You can even put all that in a chest near your house enterance. Not like you'll ever need a electric wrench on glorious adventures.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3193 on: October 29, 2012, 04:02:47 pm »

So I'm thinking of compiling the latest buildcraft for 1.4.2 and giving it a go. Anyone have any luck with it yet?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: October 29, 2012, 04:12:52 pm »

Get an elecgric wrench and set it to fool-proof mode.
Carry around a bat/lappack. You can even put all that in a chest near your house enterance. Not like you'll ever need a electric wrench on glorious adventures.
You completely missed the point, the point being cheesy 90's action movie schenanegans involving a nuke, several multicolored wires and somebody having to put a pin through the eye of a needle blind lying down beneath the nuke.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 326