Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 974888 times)

assasinwar9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3195 on: October 29, 2012, 05:43:04 pm »

yep it happend to me also my seed started with a W but i dont remember it all the way  :'(
immortal is never dieing so that sucks lol

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: October 29, 2012, 06:02:06 pm »

Have they made mods easier to install yet? I just always play vanilla because mods are a nightmare for me.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: October 29, 2012, 06:10:06 pm »

Have they made mods easier to install yet? I just always play vanilla because mods are a nightmare for me.

http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/

There is also the AMCO modpack

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/293667-132-amco-arrrgs-minecraft-overhaul/
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3198 on: October 29, 2012, 06:10:50 pm »

They're really not that hard. Forge compatible mods you just drop in a folder.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: October 29, 2012, 06:12:06 pm »

Technic is also good. And I'm not just saying that so Kaker will give me my cat back safely, and with all paws intact.
*Hugs*

assasinwar9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: October 29, 2012, 06:31:02 pm »

dns tech pack is slowley bing updated
immortal is never dieing so that sucks lol

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: October 30, 2012, 04:29:20 am »

I dont want to sound arrogant, but please fix your spelling.

But yeah, mods aren't hard.
There are plenty of tools to help you, like MultiMC, technic pack, forge, etc.
And even then, installing minecraft mods is just really dumping some files into folders and archives.

Sorry if this sounds rude, it's not the intention, but i don't understand what some people find so hard about installing mods.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3202 on: October 30, 2012, 04:49:34 am »

Some people just have problems with installing mods. I've seen people who develop software for a living, spend hours a day using computers, and still have trouble installing mods for MC.

Similarly I've seen people who are barely computer literate capable of setting up half a dozen separate mod installations. 'tis strange.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: October 30, 2012, 06:27:13 am »

I like to compare it to 2 man/woman working with sculpture, one is good at looking at a squarre piece and figuring out a form, shape, person he goes at it but the finition is... not very nice. ( Thats the software dev ). Here come that guy who take a rough shape and work on finition and ends up beautiful but canont for the love of god start from scratch ( Thats the modder ).

I hope i can make myself clear enough so you guys cant understand what im trying to explain. While similar they still require different skillset.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: October 30, 2012, 09:19:53 am »

They definitely have made it easier than when I tried installing them a year and a half ago. Forge is great. The only option I wish was there was an ability to check or uncheck mods depending on if I want them active or not. Maybe it is there and I just don't realize it.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: October 30, 2012, 09:48:00 am »

They definitely have made it easier than when I tried installing them a year and a half ago. Forge is great. The only option I wish was there was an ability to check or uncheck mods depending on if I want them active or not. Maybe it is there and I just don't realize it.
I think you can do that in-game.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3206 on: October 30, 2012, 10:17:04 am »

I think you can do that in-game.
Nah, that option just shows you WHAT mod is installed.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: October 30, 2012, 10:37:17 am »

I dont want to sound arrogant, but please fix your spelling.

But yeah, mods aren't hard.
There are plenty of tools to help you, like MultiMC, technic pack, forge, etc.
And even then, installing minecraft mods is just really dumping some files into folders and archives.

Sorry if this sounds rude, it's not the intention, but i don't understand what some people find so hard about installing mods.

This. This so much. Then this a bit more.

I think it's mostly down to people being lazy, if you wanna make your own huge mod packs it actually requires effort that people seem to perceive as 'hard'

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: October 30, 2012, 10:47:46 am »

Yeah.
Technic is good for that reason.
You dont have to spend 2 hours downloading and installing mods.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: October 30, 2012, 10:56:40 am »

Installing Minecraft mods seems easy from this side. But for somebody new to the whole deal? It involves processes one usually doesn't involve themself with, unzipping a java file to drop in folders while deleting a specific folder each time and increasingly having to manage other folders in the .minecraft folder for various mods and mod systems. This also comes with hunting down various versions of API things like Forge and Modloader, both of which have had slightly funky sites/threads in the past.

For under five mods one can get most things working in under an hour. For more than that it becomes a huge waste of time unless you get enjoyment from not playing the game(Which some people do and that's legit, but they gotta understand that most people don't).

Then you get things like Magic Launcher and MultiMC, which try to help but have issues with their own GUI and don't handle mods with those extra folders and their own config files well.

Basically dealing with more than one mod is a clusterfuck and you gotta be mindful of the fact that this is terrible. It's not simply dropping in folders.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 326