Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976554 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2040 on: August 02, 2012, 06:38:26 am »

Also can anyone tell me the point of eloraam splitting redpower into multiple modules if the modules are all interdependent now? You cannot leave a module out like you could with railcraft or buildcraft. I cannot, for example, leave out Redpower World without dropping 2-3 other modules as well. Is it just for the extra clicks she gets from adfly?

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: August 02, 2012, 06:41:32 am »

In a word? Yes.

She's a bit of a dick, it's just a shame her mod is so deliciously good

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: August 02, 2012, 06:43:16 am »

Is it just for the extra clicks she gets from adfly?

And we have a winner! Someone fetch the man a cigar.

Although it's easy to get around, once you know the URL of one package, you just need to change the name to whatever package you want, and increment the version number if necessary.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2043 on: August 02, 2012, 06:59:09 am »

I don't really mind supporting her by clicking ads, the mod really is good, but it still seems disingenuous to have multiple modules which are interdependent.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: August 02, 2012, 07:16:52 am »

I personally loathe the use of Adfly and see it as a massive raised middle finger to the users. Namely because Adfly are very bad at screening their ads, which results in a lot of cases of them being virus laden shit.
All good if you're like us and prepared, but you need to remember the main age demographic of minecraft, most of them are young kids who aren't going to think of having adblockers and noscript running.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2045 on: August 02, 2012, 07:18:46 am »

Am I a bad person if I don't give a damn about the average 12 year old minecraft brat?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: August 02, 2012, 07:19:59 am »

Not really :P
The point still stands though. There's also something scummy about forcing people to support your mod too, just rubs me the wrong way. If I'm going to support a mod, I'd rather do it on my own terms.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2047 on: August 02, 2012, 07:21:32 am »

Not really :P
The point still stands though. There's also something scummy about forcing people to support your mod too, just rubs me the wrong way. If I'm going to support a mod, I'd rather do it on my own terms.
Agreed. Many of the mods I like either have an ad-free link or no ads at all. I have no problems donating to mod authors of mods that I use often, or choosing to support them via ads, but dislike being forced to do so.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:25:07 am by forsaken1111 »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: August 02, 2012, 07:26:21 am »

Yeah, I'm odd. If a modder offers a non adfly link and an adfly link, I'll choose the adfly one every time. I have absolutely no problem putting a few millifractions of a penny in their pocket if its optional.
*Hugs*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: August 02, 2012, 07:50:34 am »

OmniWrench is also neat.
Does it look like the one from Ratchet&Clank?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: August 02, 2012, 10:16:12 am »

Is it just for the extra clicks she gets from adfly?

And we have a winner! Someone fetch the man a cigar.

Although it's easy to get around, once you know the URL of one package, you just need to change the name to whatever package you want, and increment the version number if necessary.

Yeah, i love doing that. One adf.ly click is enough for a mod creator that is such a dick.
If i could choose, i would send all those clicks to the sympathic IC2 modmakers.

OmniWrench is also neat.
Does it look like the one from Ratchet&Clank?
I approve of this idea.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2051 on: August 02, 2012, 11:10:40 am »

Yeah, i love doing that. One adf.ly click is enough for a mod creator that is such a dick.
If i could choose, i would send all those clicks to the sympathic IC2 modmakers.
Well, albalaka might be a BIT better than eloraam, but not alot, to be honest.
Quote from: Alblabla
You're free to create any modfication of / extension for ICē for personal/private use. As well, you're free to publish any addon within this forum. However, if you intend to publish the addon anywhere else, you must obtain explicit permission by the ICē-Team first. Otherwise, your addon will be considered an infringement of IC's copyright and dealt with accordingly. I can't sue you, but all major forums in regard of IC and MC will deal with you accordingly, vastly reducing the amount of people ever noticing your mod
Basically, a '4chan bring out the kraken' style event, except it's alblabla sending some of his more rabid fans out to eat you.

Not that I'm NOT a fan of Industrialcraft, one of my most favorite mods, but this is still absurd.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: August 02, 2012, 11:24:54 am »

I still don't understand how random people on the internet think they can make up rules about what is allowed and what isn't.

Especially when they all basically "infringed" on Minecraft, regardless of whether there is a blanket permission or whether the actual MC code was used or not. But when for example Notch says "I don't like people making mods of my game" they raise a big fuss and froth at the mouth like rabid dogs and basically go 4CHAN on HIM making him take it back. WTF?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2053 on: August 02, 2012, 11:38:27 am »

Yeap. A silly sort of minecraft culture has grown up around the game. As if I need permission to take your publicly-available mod of a video game and repackage it with a bunch of other mods. Not only can you do nothing about it if I choose to do so, you likely will never even KNOW I did so. I am, in fact, doing YOU a favor by making your mod reach a wider audience which should result in more ad revenue for you.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: August 02, 2012, 11:57:50 am »

Some modders are just insane. Sengir returned a $50 donation that KakerMix sent him just because Kaker didn't get his permission to include Forestry in the Technic pack.

And there's also Eloraam's little note expressly forbidding modification or reverse engineering of her mod, which is only possible to use due to reverse engineered and modified Minecraft code.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 326