Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976787 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #1800 on: July 14, 2012, 06:50:25 pm »

Because it was apparently causing confusion, I've changed the name of the thread.
There's no specific criteria or size a mod has to be to be discussed here.

And Forestry is perfectly capable of running without Buildcraft. To install it, you need to have Forge installed, then you just drop the forestry jar into your /mods folder.
*Hugs*

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: July 14, 2012, 08:04:46 pm »

Done multiple different ways-all with forge and modloader, with and without buildcraft, with and without meta-inf (I don't want to know how I got it to run for a few moments with meta-inf) , with and without modlo-

"then you just drop the forestry jar into your /mods folder."

... The download contains no Foresty.jar

It does contain a number of folders, but no jar. Things like ic2, Buildcraft, and others as folders. But no jar. Same with the "Extra Bees" extension.

... I might as well give up on forge.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1802 on: July 14, 2012, 08:05:51 pm »

You don't need modloader with the latest forge. Just forge + mod

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: July 14, 2012, 08:24:17 pm »

"then you just drop the forestry jar into your /mods folder."

... The download contains no Foresty.jar

I'm thinking you either downloaded the source archive or you extracted the jar itself.

The link for the client version of 1.4.8.4, what you probably want, points to a jar. If your operating system tells you it's not a jar, rename it to one.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: July 16, 2012, 02:21:06 pm »

And now, something for fans of the MobTalker mod

I actually have to commend this mod for looking pretty dang fantastic. It's not something I would use, but somebody with actual artistic skill went into this and made a good thing.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:02:48 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1805 on: July 16, 2012, 08:12:54 pm »

Wow, that's a lot of skins and models involved o.O

I like the look.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: July 16, 2012, 08:50:27 pm »

Just found out TerraFirmaCraft works in SMP, and now I'm wondering why no one from B12 made a server for it. I mean who doesn't like cave ins and a much more FUN minecraft experience :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1807 on: July 16, 2012, 08:54:08 pm »

Just found out TerraFirmaCraft works in SMP, and now I'm wondering why no one from B12 made a server for it. I mean who doesn't like cave ins and a much more FUN minecraft experience :P
does it work with other mods?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: July 16, 2012, 08:56:05 pm »

does it work with other mods?
Most mods should work, and TFC metals work across mods (if those mods use the forge dictionary as well)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: July 16, 2012, 09:45:35 pm »

My connection/server aren't that great, but I've got a test TFCraft server up if anyone wants to try it. PM for IP.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: July 16, 2012, 10:28:09 pm »

A server would be nice. The recent change to ore generation has sorta made that mod unplayable in singleplayer, where the surface is devoid of anything useful in terms of metals except the rare starter metal. I've had worlds where I spend every ten steps on new territory hitting the ground with the prospectors pick and scanning mountains to no luck.

There has been a pretty huge backlash at this so I hope the dev reverts this soon. I hear when you do come across a vein of metal it's like three or four chests of ore.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: July 16, 2012, 10:33:04 pm »

That sounds bloody awesome, I've always wanted MC to have massive veins of ore rarely generated rather than little bits all over the shop.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: July 16, 2012, 10:42:38 pm »

That sounds bloody awesome, I've always wanted MC to have massive veins of ore rarely generated rather than little bits all over the shop.

You

You are a bad person

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1813 on: July 17, 2012, 12:49:14 am »

That sounds fun to play with. A server where you actually have to work with other people to get the better metals.

Or possibly a server where a certain economic ranking forms, where those who find metal deposits far from spawn are the nobility, and the other people trying to either group up and kill and loot, or just grovel around hoping to find their own windfall. xD

Assuming basic plugins, of course. Such as Lockkit?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: July 17, 2012, 02:50:07 am »

I've always wanted similar myself. Would give us a good excuse to use minecarts and such.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 326