Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976770 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #1770 on: July 11, 2012, 06:14:49 am »

Hm, looks nice, it was really just a idea that popped into my head. And as said above, i was more thinking cataclysm-like.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: July 11, 2012, 12:20:46 pm »

Ah god, i just had this awesome idea about a total conversion mod for minecraft.

Change the generator to generate huge, adbandoned cities and make minecraft a zombie-survival game.
Restrict destroying blocks if you dont have the right tools, remove creepers, skeletons and spiders, make more zombies, allow you to make barricades, need for water, loot can be found in a non-decaying-not-in-chest form...

Imagine how awesome that would be.

I have a different idea for a mod (more like a group of mods) but I thought of making part of it creating a "city" biome. (the mod idea is some sort of automated massive fortress creation/destruction, for some sort of P2P arena - not wilderness survival - and the thought about aliens just landing on an existing city and instantly erecting humongous structures in the middle to screw everything occured to me).

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: July 11, 2012, 03:32:21 pm »

That sounds like MineZ, really, with a bunch of added effects.

Personally, MineZ with Industrialcraft and Redpower would be awesome... No crafting though!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: July 11, 2012, 04:25:17 pm »

That's probably because HighlifeTTU (aka vivamc) got several huge donations for his last server, so he expects a few people will be willing to pay for that package.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: July 12, 2012, 12:12:27 am »

Well, aren't they paying for early access?
I know that, for example, PauseUnpause paid for platinum just because he wants to support it.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: July 12, 2012, 03:13:50 am »

Wait, you have to pay for a minecraft mod?
Is that even legal?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: July 12, 2012, 03:19:27 am »

For early access. It's not a mod, it's a plugin, so it's all their own code.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1777 on: July 12, 2012, 03:20:02 am »

Mods are also all original code...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: July 12, 2012, 03:26:59 am »

I bet that B12 could churn out something like that.

Worldgen would need a major rewrite tough, if you dont want cities to be all the same.
You'd need map tiles, for parks, hospitals, living blocks.
One tile would be 4 blocks, so a supermarket could be a huge building while a appartement  block could be less.

One of the things that puts me off about mineZ is the non-random-generated-ness.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1779 on: July 12, 2012, 03:34:21 am »

If you don't mind embracing the blockiness of Minecraft then it already has a good starting point with its chunks. There is enough room in a chunk to have a house with room on all sides. Also you don't need too much of a major rewrite. You could probably get away with just adding a new biome in which the cities appear so you can just decide how the land is formed. If you can control how large a biome is then its even easier.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: July 12, 2012, 03:41:32 am »

All this talk of city generation in MC makes me think of Formivore's Walled City Generator.

6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: July 12, 2012, 05:06:28 pm »

Mods are also all original code...

Some mods are all original code.

Other mods are a mix of original code and Mojang-derived code.

As a general rule, mods that can be installed from the Forge MODS directory are all original code.

And any mod that has to be installed by dragging its files into the Minecraft jar contains Mojang code.

(There may be occasional exceptions on both sides of this rule.)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1782 on: July 12, 2012, 07:47:04 pm »

Umm, if the mod has to use the mods folder then its just using hooks from another program that is using Mojang code and while not directly touching it would not be possible without said mod and thus would fall under its umbrella codewise.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: July 12, 2012, 08:20:34 pm »

How to transfer power between dimensions at high rates (~N*512EU/t, where N is the number of panels and MFSUs you have hooked up), with a 3x2x(N+6) footprint:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Left to right: Row 1:Enderchest, Filter with empty lapotron, pneumatic tube (can be omitted, or replaced with an item detector), chest (to be used as a buffer), Transposer.
Row 2: 4 tubes with a Retriever (contains full lapotron) at the end.

Just make sure the tubes go to the top of the MFSU, and it should work on its own. Just add a timer and you're all set!
In the other dimension, do the same set up, but with empty and full lapotrons in swapped positions, and make the tubes go to the bottom of the MFSUs.

I made the MFSUs point down so any unsent energy can be routed to a Mass Fabricator (not shown). For bonus points, the mass fab's output will be sent to a factory that automatically builds more HV panels.

I built this in Forsaken's server, so the discharging station is located under THE GRID complex. I highly recommend checking it out if you haven't yet (PM him for the IP and modpack).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:25:30 pm by Peewee »

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: July 12, 2012, 09:30:07 pm »

Umm, if the mod has to use the mods folder then its just using hooks from another program that is using Mojang code and while not directly touching it would not be possible without said mod and thus would fall under its umbrella codewise.

Not from the standpoint of 'does distributing this file violate copyright?'

This was clarified by a federal court very recently, in Oracle v. Google.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 326