Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976732 times)

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #1830 on: July 17, 2012, 08:45:15 am »

I don't think it's a good idea to use big mods with TFcraft. Stuff like Smart Moving or Thirst should be ok, but i'd avoid Buildcraft, Forestry, IC2, Railcraft and all that if i were you.

If someone starts a stable server i'm really interested to play on it, as long as it's not deserted when i'm awake (i live in europe).

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1831 on: July 17, 2012, 08:47:31 am »

I don't think it's a good idea to use big mods with TFcraft. Stuff like Smart Moving or Thirst should be ok, but i'd avoid Buildcraft, Forestry, IC2, Railcraft and all that if i were you.

If someone starts a stable server i'm really interested to play on it, as long as it's not deserted when i'm awake (i live in europe).
IC2 and redpower I understand, but why buildcraft, forestry, or railcraft?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: July 17, 2012, 09:02:07 am »

Absolutely nothing at all that uses/adds blocks is compatible with TFC. There are no vanilla stones, woods or metals. TFC iron is completely different from vanilla iron everyone else uses. Redstone does not spawn. Buildcraft, forestry and railcraft would be wildly incompatible. Thirst mod also uses vanilla items/furnace, so it would be gutted.

Smart move works just fine, as does minimap mods.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: July 17, 2012, 09:36:37 am »

Yeah, I had to spend about half an hour writing custom recipes to make thirst mod work with TFC
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1834 on: July 17, 2012, 10:13:28 am »

Absolutely nothing at all that uses/adds blocks is compatible with TFC. There are no vanilla stones, woods or metals. TFC iron is completely different from vanilla iron everyone else uses. Redstone does not spawn. Buildcraft, forestry and railcraft would be wildly incompatible. Thirst mod also uses vanilla items/furnace, so it would be gutted.

Smart move works just fine, as does minimap mods.
See, I was told that it plays nicely with the forge ore dictionary and so TFC iron ingots would work for other recipes. I didn't know redstone didn't spawn at all, but that we could remedy by having some kind of server trade system or a custom recipe for crushing rubies with a hammer or something.

Forestry wouldn't work for the trees if all the trees are new, but should still work for things like wheat and mushrooms and such provided the metal ingots work to make the machines. If not again we could do custom recipes or a trade system.

Yeah, I had to spend about half an hour writing custom recipes to make thirst mod work with TFC
Would you make those available if I started a server for this?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: July 17, 2012, 10:20:06 am »

I'm not sure if the custom stuff mod works with servers, but most of the stuff could be made available via spawns. All of the TFC stuff is custom, so it shouldn't be an issue if we, for example, put some Galena into a furnace.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1836 on: July 17, 2012, 11:41:07 am »

So to be clear, a wrought iron ingot is not equivalent to a regular minecraft iron ingot? Does TFC use the forge ore dictionary or not? If it does, wrought iron should work in any vanilla recipe using iron which isn't specifically disabled by the mod, as should copper/tin/silver ingots in mod recipes.

I ask here because I am limited in the amount I can test until I get home. If it doesn't use the forge dictionary at all, we can set up fair trade systems for vanilla items.

I'm not sure if the custom stuff mod works with servers, but most of the stuff could be made available via spawns. All of the TFC stuff is custom, so it shouldn't be an issue if we, for example, put some Galena into a furnace.
Custom Stuff mod says it's SMP compat so I will test it out. I have a few ideas that could make this all work. Would take a lot of work on my part but I don't mind really.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: July 17, 2012, 11:42:24 am »

TFCraft metals weren't in the ore dictionary last I checked. It's not really designed to be played alongside any mods that add anything to the game, as it has its own worldgen, trees, constructions and stone types.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1838 on: July 17, 2012, 11:48:13 am »

Okay, that just means I need to add in a trade system for vanilla materials, disallow all vanilla tools, etc. That way you can only make tools with TFC resources and you only get resources via the TFC rules but you can use them to make vanilla or mod items like pistons or machines.

For example, redstone could be gotten by a custom recipe for crushing rubies with a hammer, as I understand all TFC gems have no use yet anyway. I'll work on it a bit to preserve the TFC methods while allowing mod fun.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: July 17, 2012, 11:54:30 am »

I think TFC works pretty well on its own really, especially in a group. Adding other mods would make the balance pretty wierd.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1840 on: July 17, 2012, 11:58:41 am »

I think TFC works pretty well on its own really, especially in a group. Adding other mods would make the balance pretty wierd.
I'm just talking about adding things like railcraft which adds more options for carts, you think that would mess up the balance?

We'll try it out with just TFC and smart moving, and possibly thirst if I can get it working and see what happens.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: July 17, 2012, 11:59:58 am »

Wooden rails would probably work quite nicely with TFCraft, assuming you didn't add the factory module so you could make them just using wood.
*Hugs*

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: July 17, 2012, 12:24:46 pm »

To the three who played TFCraft with me until four in the morning, I regret to inform you that the server won't be going up anymore. It seems someone disposed of my old server while I was away, so my dream of having it up 24/7 will have to remain a dream.

It was fun.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:37:52 pm by Mephisto »

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: July 17, 2012, 12:27:38 pm »

Redstone does not spawn.
I didn't know redstone didn't spawn at all, but that we could remedy by having some kind of server trade system or a custom recipe for crushing rubies with a hammer or something.

Actually you CAN get redstone in TFCraft. Find Cinnabar, put it on a crafting grid and you'll get redstone.

Source : Me, playing TFCraft and http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Cinnabar

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1844 on: July 17, 2012, 12:33:42 pm »

Ah, neat.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 326