Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976403 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #1020 on: May 11, 2012, 03:51:43 pm »

No, the monoliths are spawning a lot more then they normally would. Of course I don't really have a problem with it as scarcity doesn't mean all that much with the ability to just gen a new world as needed. I mean really, if you want them even without Mystcraft once you get the upgraded boots it is fairly easy to find a good number of them if you look in snow biomes as they stick out like sore thumbs.

Edit: My 15th episode is up and you can find it here
Edit2: Number 16 is now up
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 01:55:39 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 13, 2012, 08:43:30 pm »

Well, I counted how many blocks high my mob spawner is, and it's 60. Is that too high? Because I don't think it is.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1022 on: May 13, 2012, 09:42:45 pm »

Question, is the specified forge version in terrafirma craft's download page REALLY nessacery? Or is it saying that's the minimum version?

I can't imagine a mod would be so finnicky but it's also very easy to install terrafirma craft incorrectly, particularly since the install directions and the notes next to guava contradict each other. So I'm wondering if I need Guava or I need that specific version of forge or if I need to only put a few of the folders in the main download into the bin or what. I'm gonna keep plugging away at it but I'd like to know if anyone has some specifics on the matter.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 14, 2012, 12:19:12 pm »

So I'm doing the FTB map here and I'm completely stuck.

I need a melon but have no seeds. Is there a way to transmute them? From pumpkins perhaps?

Edit: Eureka! Done it.

Nullvoid01

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 15, 2012, 01:29:04 pm »

I need a melon but have no seeds. Is there a way to transmute them? From pumpkins perhaps?

Don't leave us hanging. I've just started the FTB insane, and could really do with a melon/pumpkin farm.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 15, 2012, 04:28:53 pm »

Don't leave us hanging. I've just started the FTB insane, and could really do with a melon/pumpkin farm.

Use your philosopher's stone on a pumpkin block, and it will become a melon, similar to how you can turn dirt into sand.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 15, 2012, 04:40:56 pm »

What the guy above me said. The insane map seems kinda easy. All I've done is get a mooshroom for EMC and everytime I want something I manually do that :/ when i get clay I can automate it.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 15, 2012, 07:46:56 pm »

The FTB maps are easy. The only thing that makes them difficult is whether or not you have the patience to grind up the ECM.

I find it pointless without multiplayer competition.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1028 on: May 15, 2012, 08:00:48 pm »

The challenge in FTB is not can you but will you and how fast. As Micro says, the fun is in doing it with others though I would expand it to multiplayer in general and not limit it to competition.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 17, 2012, 05:12:03 am »

So talk in the 'nillacraft thread has made me want a nomad modpack.

Does anyone know of such a thing? And if not, would anyone be interested in such a thing if I made one.
Suggestions for good mods to include would be nice too, Thirst Mod is a must, of course. Xie's mod for the handful of wild plants it adds for you to nom on too. A mod that makes food more of a necessity would be good too.
*Hugs*

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 17, 2012, 05:19:41 am »

Backpack mod might be worthwhile.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1031 on: May 17, 2012, 05:20:52 am »

Just playing on hard mode so starving can kill would be good enough though a mod that makes you weaker as you get hungry would be interesting. I know I tend to let myself just get down to one or two chicken legs before eating and in the real world you tend to eat more often then just before starving.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1032 on: May 17, 2012, 05:21:28 am »

2x2 crafting mod would help with not needing to make a craftbox.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 17, 2012, 05:29:07 am »

Backpack mod might be worthwhile.
Most definitely, forgot about it.

Just playing on hard mode so starving can kill would be good enough though a mod that makes you weaker as you get hungry would be interesting. I know I tend to let myself just get down to one or two chicken legs before eating and in the real world you tend to eat more often then just before starving.
How quickly do you get hungry in Hardmode? Because I want food to be an actual concern. Although I suppose the fact that you're constantly going to be moving will help with that.

2x2 crafting mod would help with not needing to make a craftbox.
I'll probably add Balkon's weaponmod, it has knives that can be crafted in the 2x2 grid, tools won't really be all that necessary as you won't be settling down much, but I think there's a mod that adds weaker versions of the vanilla tools, that can be crafted in the 2x2 as well.

Mods that make the world more interesting would be good too, not much point in being a nomad if there's nothing out there to actually see. Something that makes biomes earthstonkingly huge would be nice too, I want it to take days to travel across a desert.
*Hugs*

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 17, 2012, 06:03:50 am »

And it would be nice to have a "place blocks to craft" mod, similar to snow golems and iron golems, except that to make a torch you need to place a stick, then put coal on it, etc.
Probably nothing of that sort, but still. :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 326