Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: A (modded) Minecraft Adventure [Image Heavy!]  (Read 101615 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: A (modded) Minecraft Adventure [Image Heavy!]
« Reply #300 on: May 06, 2012, 07:14:31 am »

I have yet to give this a go, but was curious- how frequent would you say the Better Dungeons dungeons are, Forsaken? They seem to make for neat adventurers... but are so gaudy.  :-\
You can adjust the frequency of them, and not all of them are quite so obvious. By default I really don't see many. So far I've spotted 3 while playing. The castle, the big spire, and the boat in the distance.

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 06, 2012, 10:31:04 am »

I have yet to give this a go, but was curious- how frequent would you say the Better Dungeons dungeons are, Forsaken? They seem to make for neat adventurers... but are so gaudy.  :-\
You can adjust the frequency of them, and not all of them are quite so obvious. By default I really don't see many. So far I've spotted 3 while playing. The castle, the big spire, and the boat in the distance.

I was finding them all over the place so I lowered the spawn chance (also don't go on peaceful anywhere near a dungeon because the dungeon mobs do not respawn :-\ )

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 06, 2012, 03:54:28 pm »

As a problem with the mod pack, the vis valves are appreaing and functioning ingame as those things that pump taint away.

I hate to be "that guy", but could I have an explanation for this? About three different Thaumcraft items are showing up as "tcbafragile" as the name (or something along those lines), and though they have different inventory icons, they all appear ingame as the taint smoker things.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #303 on: May 06, 2012, 04:44:03 pm »

As a problem with the mod pack, the vis valves are appreaing and functioning ingame as those things that pump taint away.

I hate to be "that guy", but could I have an explanation for this? About three different Thaumcraft items are showing up as "tcbafragile" as the name (or something along those lines), and though they have different inventory icons, they all appear ingame as the taint smoker things.
Probably an issue with the smoking chimney mod. Its aesthetic only anyway, try removing that from your mods folder and see if they work normally. As I said, it's a beta release. Anything this complex is bound to have bugs.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 06, 2012, 09:48:53 pm »

Is there a mechanism to convert bluetricity into eu, or the other way around in this mod pack, i find myself using elements of both atm.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #305 on: May 07, 2012, 02:36:52 am »

Is there a mechanism to convert bluetricity into eu, or the other way around in this mod pack, i find myself using elements of both atm.

there is in thaumcraft i suppose a strange *thingy* which works.
the *thingy* i believe has already been shown once in the adventure, and I'm calling it *thingy* because I too cannot recall its name.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 07, 2012, 03:42:46 am »

Nope, that just converts vis to any (or all?) of the energy types, it doesn't accept electricity from any mods.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 07, 2012, 04:02:10 am »

Probably an issue with the smoking chimney mod. Its aesthetic only anyway, try removing that from your mods folder and see if they work normally. As I said, it's a beta release. Anything this complex is bound to have bugs.

Yep, that fixed it. Thanks!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 09, 2012, 05:08:49 am »

You have got me into mine craft I bought it around the time beds came played for a while then quit it didn't click so you are getting me into modding and this game thank You

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 10, 2012, 01:16:54 am »

I like this modpack, it's got lots of options and things to do, although i find that i end up using EE, because the collectors are just so powerful for creating absolutely anything. (i've a cobblestone farm feeding an energy condenser, which is creating larva-filled buckets, which are being sent to run a geothermal (IC2) power plant and returned. The geotherm is running mass-fab, and some recyclers. The recyclers are also running off about 1/8 of the cobblestone factory output, and are feeding mass-fab.

all up, mass fab is worth it, as the geotherm plant is about 1:300 emc to eu, while mass fab is about 100:1 (including energy to run the recyclers)
--
anyway, a couple of points i've noticed:

the "m" key (used in build craft to change the mode of the electric wrench from low energy to loss-less) conflicts with the minimap menu setting
the "r" key in the crafting window triggers NFI recipes, and an inventory sort (meaning you don't get the recipe for the item you had your mouse over)

Every once in a while i get a corrupted texture, just 1 at a time, and it persists until i walk away and return (then a different texture corrupts sometimes).
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #310 on: May 10, 2012, 06:47:19 am »

Just letting you all know I'm still around but been very busy at work, no time to play.  :(

You have got me into mine craft I bought it around the time beds came played for a while then quit it didn't click so you are getting me into modding and this game thank You
I'm glad you're enjoying it! Minecraft by itself is a fairly boring game, but with a couple mods it can be incredibly fun.

I like this modpack, it's got lots of options and things to do, although i find that i end up using EE, because the collectors are just so powerful for creating absolutely anything. (i've a cobblestone farm feeding an energy condenser, which is creating larva-filled buckets, which are being sent to run a geothermal (IC2) power plant and returned. The geotherm is running mass-fab, and some recyclers. The recyclers are also running off about 1/8 of the cobblestone factory output, and are feeding mass-fab.

all up, mass fab is worth it, as the geotherm plant is about 1:300 emc to eu, while mass fab is about 100:1 (including energy to run the recyclers)
--
anyway, a couple of points i've noticed:

the "m" key (used in build craft to change the mode of the electric wrench from low energy to loss-less) conflicts with the minimap menu setting
the "r" key in the crafting window triggers NFI recipes, and an inventory sort (meaning you don't get the recipe for the item you had your mouse over)

Every once in a while i get a corrupted texture, just 1 at a time, and it persists until i walk away and return (then a different texture corrupts sometimes).
Noted, I'll see about changing the key assignments. Not sure why the textures are messing up on you but I will look into it.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 10, 2012, 06:55:11 am »

Corrupt textures are almost always due to optifine in my experience. Try updating to A11 and it should happen less.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 10, 2012, 07:07:21 am »

i carnt find any squids and i need jiust e ink sack to get the reasch thing it is so frustrating and my house is on the beach
any tips on how to
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #313 on: May 10, 2012, 07:08:51 am »

i carnt find any squids and i need jiust e ink sack to get the reasch thing it is so frustrating and my house is on the beach
any tips on how to
Yeah I've had a lot of issues finding vanilla mobs due to the mo' creatures spawning. Squid do still spawn, but its a lot rarer because there are a lot of new water mobs. You could change the frequency of some of the water mobs, or just disable mo creatures.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 10, 2012, 07:21:16 am »

Or you could just find a shoreline/river and follow it in a boat. They aren't THAT hard to find.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27