Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: A (modded) Minecraft Adventure [Image Heavy!]  (Read 101642 times)

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A (modded) Minecraft Adventure [Image Heavy!]
« Reply #270 on: May 02, 2012, 08:45:31 am »

posting to watch stand in amazement at this thread.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #271 on: May 02, 2012, 09:39:26 am »

Honestly, better to take work and be worth the effort. A challenge is GOOD.
Indeed. The airship is pretty awesome but takes some resources to make and fuel to use.

And boy does it take work! It took me more than a few hours to scratch together the supplies to build my first Imperial Sky Corvette, which promptly exploded after being hit by a skeleton's arrow as I left my hangar.
Ouch. Got any pics? And what mod were you using?

posting to watch stand in amazement at this thread.
Thanks!

Update: I have the modpack about 45% done, and most of the next update done. Trying to set the modpack up so you don't have to do anything other that drop files where they should be and then play.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 02, 2012, 02:41:16 pm »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #273 on: May 02, 2012, 07:27:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Working on the modpack now. Hard difficulty is hard, especially with some of these mods. I haven't even progressed beyond stone tools and I am already at level 22 from the xp orbs of all this killing.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 02, 2012, 08:01:57 pm »

So what mod is the giant endstone fortress from? It looks massive.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #275 on: May 02, 2012, 08:02:44 pm »

So what mod is the giant endstone fortress from? It looks massive.
Better Dungeons I believe. And yes it is rather large... large enough to have 3 buildings on top.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 02, 2012, 09:10:20 pm »

... I may very well take up Minecraft after that modpack is released. This is truly an amazing story. Actually... it might be better if I focus on finals... Meh, I'm sure I'll do fine.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 02, 2012, 09:25:02 pm »

This is awesome.

I like the format, gives a better feel of what's happening in the game than the standard screenshot-caption-screenshot-caption stuff. The modpack looks impressive too. Can't remember if I saw Millenaire in the list, but are there plans to add that if it wasn't included?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 02, 2012, 09:28:06 pm »

Oh hell yes, I WANT that modpack  :o after reading the first few pages of this I tried getting a few of the mods to work on my own but couldn't get much more than thaumcraft and one or two minor mods to load without crashing or ending up with a blank screen.

just so I know, how are you planing on making it available? (a simple link to a download page I'm hoping.)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #279 on: May 02, 2012, 09:41:33 pm »

... I may very well take up Minecraft after that modpack is released. This is truly an amazing story. Actually... it might be better if I focus on finals... Meh, I'm sure I'll do fine.
Glad you're enjoying it! If you have suggestions or requests feel free to leave them here. It's an interactive lets play! (to the extent possible anyway)

This is awesome.

I like the format, gives a better feel of what's happening in the game than the standard screenshot-caption-screenshot-caption stuff. The modpack looks impressive too. Can't remember if I saw Millenaire in the list, but are there plans to add that if it wasn't included?
Millenaire didn't play nicely with mystcraft unfortunately. I am going to work on that and see if I can get it working together.

Oh hell yes, I WANT that modpack  :o after reading the first few pages of this I tried getting a few of the mods to work on my own but couldn't get much more than thaumcraft and one or two minor mods to load without crashing or ending up with a blank screen.

just so I know, how are you planing on making it available? (a simple link to a download page I'm hoping.)
Funny you should ask that right as I'm typing up the release post.  :) A simple link to a hosted file on dropbox is my plan for now. If I exceed the allowed bandwidth doing that I'll throw it onto my server.

So...

This is the Beta release of the modpack. I have not done everything I want to do with the settings and there may be a few bugs, let me know if it works for you.

This includes optifine... if you can't use optifine I will release a version later on without it. Its getting late though and this took a long time.

Also unfortunately I had to cut powercraft and twilight forest again for now due to a few more issues.

I do intend to reintroduce a texture pack at some point but I need to finalize everything first.

Download!

Install instructions:

1. Begin with a fresh download of minecraft.
2. Open minecraft.jar using something like 7zip or winzip and DELETE META-INF
3. Extract the modpack
4. Copy all files from the 'jar' folder into the minecraft.jar you have open
5. Copy all files/folders from the modpack's .minecraft folder into your .minecraft base folder
6. Play ze gaem!

If for some reason this doesn't work, let me know what happened here. I am going to bed soon but I'll take a look tomorrow and try to help you out. I tested this with a newly downloaded copy of minecraft and it worked without any issues. If when you first run the game you get an idresolver screen saying something about unused settings, just select trim all unused settings.

There are some issues due to the number of mods in there. For example, both Mo Creatures and Better Dungeons add in horse mobs. The better dungeons horse mobs are not breedable and can be tamed just by slapping a saddle on. The mo creatures ones are tameable by feeding and can breed etc but use a special horse saddle.

Also NEI doesn't work 100% due to the number of items and the way I had to get everything working. Some items will look odd and won't work right if you simply give them to yourself. Some will even crash the game if you use NEI to give yourself the item, such as the pig spawner for some unknown reason. ?!?! doesn't make sense, but there it is. Just be careful and make backups. Playing the game without NEI cheats, I have encountered no major issues and never once crashed.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 02, 2012, 11:30:16 pm »

Would you mind explaining the mod installation in a bit more detail? I'm not a minecrafter, and even with what small experience I have I did no modding. What is the mystical minecraft.jar, and how do I open it in such a way as to add in other files?

Disregard this! I looked it up.

Anotheredit: I can't seem to get the modpack running. Specifically, I did all that was instructed above, and now whenever I run the executable the screen gets to the "done loading" part of Updating Minecraft and stops.

Onetoomanyedit: BAM! Problem solved! Didn't delete the META-INF. Now corrected.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 01:54:58 am by Argonnek »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #281 on: May 03, 2012, 06:40:32 am »

works like a charm!
...now I even know where dungeon are!
*will have to youtube this, surely. certainly.*
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #282 on: May 03, 2012, 06:42:40 am »

Yeah I meant to turn the dungeon messages off. I had them on for testing. Whups...

If you want them off, open up the BetterDungeons.conf file in .minecraft\chocolate\ and change

Code: [Select]
#Dungeon generated at message set to 0 to disable
dungeonGeneratedat = 1

to

#Dungeon generated at message set to 0 to disable
dungeonGeneratedat = 0

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 03, 2012, 10:31:24 am »

Downloaded the modpack, and I understand if you don't want to discuss it here, but would you mind giving a noob to some of these mods a beginner's guide? Much appreciated.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #284 on: May 03, 2012, 10:37:49 am »

Downloaded the modpack, and I understand if you don't want to discuss it here, but would you mind giving a noob to some of these mods a beginner's guide? Much appreciated.
I will probably make a guide later on but really there are about 2 dozen things you could do to get started. What are you interested in doing first?

Basically look up one of the mods you're interested in and start playing with stuff, or just wander around and do whatever.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27