Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44

Author Topic: Brightwater: Community fortress of science, oceans, and animal taming  (Read 154900 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Brightwater: Community fortress of science, oceans, and animal taming
« Reply #435 on: May 13, 2012, 09:54:04 pm »

I am so win, I got owned by one of the most pathetic monsters in the game. Mind if you train me to Adequate Axedwarf after this?

PS: Cain, if you ignore me like you did the other guy, I will return as a ghost, with a knife, and do some of my own surgery on your phallus!

Edit:

The dwarf carrying Corai to Cain began to notice that Corai was mumbling about demons and adamanite, and War Cavies.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 09:58:06 pm by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 13, 2012, 10:09:47 pm »

The spine injury seems lethal. I suggest we do what Corai would have wanted, to be pitted down a 15 z level drop
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 13, 2012, 10:12:21 pm »

Its not lethal if its middle spine, I am fine as long as my upper-spine is alright. Middle = cripple, upper = Lungs are dead.

Edit

15 Z level pit? Thats not very nice!

Slap!
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Daenyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 13, 2012, 10:17:22 pm »

Oh no! Not Corai!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 13, 2012, 10:28:02 pm »

Well, if I DO end up dieing from this, can my War Cavy be buried with me?

Diary of Cuddles the War Cavy

Scratch ScratchScratch ScratchScratch ScratchScratch ScratchScratch ScratchScratch ScratchScratch ScratchScratch ScratchScratch ScratchScratch ScratchScratch Scratch...

-TRANSLATION-

Well, Corai got horribly injured by some giant slime thingy, I shouldnt had let him go on this expedition! I am gonna have to find Graknorke and see what I can do to get revenge. I heard dwarfs value there beards, maybe they taste good!

Love, Cuddles.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 13, 2012, 10:29:44 pm »

OOC: did i gain any relationships at all with any of the other 4 who went down?
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 14, 2012, 01:19:32 am »

Actually, the spine injury doesn't seem to have injured the nervous tissue, despite the severe bone fracture.  Corai should be just fine, although healing will take a while. 

In the real world you'd have to be very careful to ensure that no further spinal damage occurred while moving him with an injury like that, but in Dwarf Fortress that isn't a problem. 
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 14, 2012, 01:45:30 am »

When minecarts come, we'll use them as wheelchairs.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 14, 2012, 01:47:48 am »

*a letter found etched on the floor by Corai's bed*

You see Corai? This is what happens when you label yourself as their enemy. They waltz right up out of wherever they were to try and kill you. You may well have ruined diplomatic relationships with the ancient cave dwellers. FOREVER.
On the other hand it was my expedition so it's my job to take care of you, even if it is only the doctor who can directly help.
Maybe I could ask some miners to quickly get some of that adamantine and use the thread to close up some of your wounds? You DID help to find it after all.
Don't die on my hands, and try to stay away from the caverns in future. I don't think you'll be welcome.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 14, 2012, 01:51:42 am »

Can we catapult him to the hospital?
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Geb

• Bay Watcher
  • I have lost my spoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 14, 2012, 07:53:04 am »

The first I heard about this cave exploration thing was when Erush started begging for permission to work on adamantine cloth.

I do wish people would warn me before doing this sort of thing. I heard the screams and unearthly howls of rage echoing up from the depths of course, but I assumed it was just ordinary alpha labs business. When you live in a fort full of animals, animal trainers, mad scientists and Corai, you get used to hearing terrifying screams.

I suppose the team gets some credit for not leading anything dangerous back into the fort, and I can't deny that they've found incredible wealth down there. Still, I'm not happy that they kept this a secret. We've already had a death in the military this year. We don't need more.

So no, Erush, you can't work with adamantine cloth just yet. Go play with that asbestos stuff instead.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 14, 2012, 08:59:10 am »

Awesome! Can you make it so that I'm concerned about Corai?
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 14, 2012, 10:56:01 am »

*a letter found etched on the floor by Corai's bed*

You see Corai? This is what happens when you label yourself as their enemy. They waltz right up out of wherever they were to try and kill you. You may well have ruined diplomatic relationships with the ancient cave dwellers. FOREVER.
On the other hand it was my expedition so it's my job to take care of you, even if it is only the doctor who can directly help.
Maybe I could ask some miners to quickly get some of that adamantine and use the thread to close up some of your wounds? You DID help to find it after all.
Don't die on my hands, and try to stay away from the caverns in future. I don't think you'll be welcome.

Fishybang was checking on corai when she saw a letter when she opened it up she froze in rage. She knows corai hates the blue metal. And now this guy is saying he ruined diplomatic relations with those beasts? She was going to have a visit, a very plesent visit.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 14, 2012, 10:57:04 am »

An exerpt from Maxmurder's journal:

'ADAMANTINE! Phenix just told me the expidition in the caverns found adamantine! I dont get exited about much these days but this is incredible. I can just imagine swining my pick into that blue metal... digging myself a little burrow and being surrounded by the sacred metal. Hopefully some is designated for mining! Some say that digging it brings bad luck... Phooey! Superstisious elven talk if you ask me!'
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

Daenyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 14, 2012, 01:28:17 pm »

I've always wanted to make weapons of the legendary bluemetal. I hope I get the chance.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44