Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120506 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Fifteen: DiediediediediedieDIE!
« Reply #270 on: May 15, 2012, 09:01:42 pm »

Totally skipped over this until you mentioned it in the HoF. Then I read over it and decided it was interesting.

Spoiler: Maka, the Mad Wizard (click to show/hide)

WHAT NOW, ELIZABETH?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 15, 2012, 09:08:07 pm »

Spoiler: Maka, the Mad Wizard (click to show/hide)
((@GM: You should add the Mad Wizard. She and Ratherio could make a lovely pair and cause the rest of the team, with a special mention to Elenor the Pragmatist Knight, to claw at their faces and tear off large chunks of hair.
Edit: ****ing mage lolis.))
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 09:46:24 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 16, 2012, 03:40:04 am »

((GM has noted. Probability of adding IronyOwl next update is high.))
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 16, 2012, 05:18:57 am »

((It is Goddess of Chaos. And you really want to tap her, from what I've seen so far.))
Fun fact: Ratherio was my first attempt at a serious character.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 16, 2012, 05:20:40 am »

((It is Goddess of Chaos. And you really want to tap her, from what I've seen so far.))

Do you consider that attempt successful?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 16, 2012, 05:31:43 am »

Do you consider that attempt successful?
... Well, that's a difficult question for reasons I can't explain right now...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 16, 2012, 05:42:52 am »

((Hoorah, a new mage-type!))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 16, 2012, 10:57:23 am »

((Great. So what, three battle mages and one alchemist? This is getting very mage heavy.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 16, 2012, 11:13:02 am »

((Great. So what, three battle mages and one alchemist? This is getting very mage heavy.))
((I would be more worried about the amount of insanity that follows. Seriously, I'm pitying my character at the moment. He is stern, composed and logical but it seems hell will break loose for him now.
OOC I'm still thinking this will be hilarious.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 16, 2012, 11:30:27 am »

((I would be more worried about the amount of insanity that follows. Seriously, I'm pitying my character at the moment. He is stern, composed and logical but it seems hell will break loose for him now.
((We have at least one batshit insane mage, one nerdy alchemist, one dumbass gunslinger, and two stern, logical and completely out of place characers, a swordsman and a shaman.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 16, 2012, 10:38:36 pm »

((Hey, I am not Out of place! I am right here! :I *read bio*))

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 17, 2012, 01:07:46 am »

((We have at least one batshit insane mage, one nerdy alchemist, one dumbass gunslinger, and two stern, logical and completely out of place characers, a swordsman and a shaman.
I am not a batshit insane mage! I am a versatile batshit insane mage.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 17, 2012, 03:21:57 am »

((One petmaster/hexer, one black/entertaining mage, one gunslinger/exploder of things, one alchemist/enchanter/rifleman, one polar bear/spirit caller, one rogue paladin, one only sane man.

Sounds like a good party. My only complaint would be that not nearly enough mages are specialized in exploding things.))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Sixteen: PARTY SCRAMBLE
« Reply #283 on: May 17, 2012, 10:27:38 am »

Turn Sixteen: AoE, learn to dodge it.

Since the golem is slow, it always goes last in the initiative roll... assuming Elizabeth isn't enraged. Which, well, is the case.

Taren: 4
Elenor: 1
Hel: 2
Apollo: 4
Rath: 2
Remy: 2
Liz: 1

Taren:
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(5) Magic, as a whole, is calling upon supernatural forces to do things. The deciding factor is the source. So, for example, you cannot call upon the power of a Celestial to make things explode in fireballs. Similarily, you cannot use the magic stored in those crystals for anything but Alchemic Magic, which draws upon the power innate in the things themselves. However, there could be a way to punch a hole in the Disjunction's aftereffects with this magic...
Every mage knows at least a few cantrips. And cantrips are usually of Alchemic nature. The spell that should help here, embedded in Taren's memory... Vi Vanita.
You've got the spell. You have the ambient magic that was seeping out. All you need is an opportunity and a bit of luck.

Apollo:

(6) Ready. Aim. Fire.
Was the crystal really supposed to explode with such force that Taren, who was trying to get some force for himself, went off flying into... (6) the wall... oh God, did he just ricochet off it? (1) Ouch, that looks -really- painful. But he's going to have a -real- problem once gravity tries to reclaim him from the ceiling... hopefully he can hold on for long enough...

Helskaya:

(2) You run up. A crystal explodes. The shockwave throws you back.
That didn't do anything of note.

Remy:

(1) That's nice and all, but first, it might be wise to get out of the chain. OK, it starts at that gun, so you need to pull... waaaaaait a second... is that Ratherio coming at you with a creepy grin on his face? Forget about the chains, you need to get the fuck out here!
Naturally, you stumble.

Ratherio:

(3) Guuuuuuunchuuuckssss....... giiiiiveeee meeeee thee guuuuuunchuuuuuuuuuuucks!!!
*creepy grin*
*failure at removing gunchucks from prone, struggling remy (they are merely loosened)*

Elenor:

(5) Er, um... that crystal is out of the question. Time to try the other one.
As with the first, the bolt penetrates the crystal, and cracks form. Looks like this might be over fast.

Golem/Elizabeth

(4) "Argh. Danger mode. Golem, AFTERSHOCK!"
The golem slams the ground, causing a shockwave to ripple through said ground.
Taren evades, because he is on the ceiling.
Elenor (1) has no time to recover from shooting. He is thrown in the air and slams back into the ground rather ungracefully. His everything hurts.
Apollo (1) is just that clumsy. He, too, is thrown up and lands on the zombie girl. Thankfully, she is already dead... still, he can feel the pain. Not enough padding...
Hel (4) sees the attack coming and manages to avoid most of it, he is merely thrown off balance, but recovers quickly.
Remy (2), umm... he can't really dodge, either. The impact is not merciful but thankfully not too harsh.
Ratherio (6)'s uncanny reflexes shine through, however, and he leverages the force to untangle the gunchucks, equip them and strike a badass pose, beckoning Elizabeth to come at him. Remy is now dizzy.

The right shoulder crystal is cracked. Residue magic of the left crystal is everywhere.

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Character sheets.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Ratherio Houston (borno)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 12:56:41 pm by Errol »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Sixteen: PARTY SCRAMBLE
« Reply #284 on: May 17, 2012, 10:35:41 am »

((I guess now it is time to ask: Are our skills only for flavor?))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 58