Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120485 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Fourteen: Your tricks are useless
« Reply #255 on: May 12, 2012, 01:21:54 am »

Throw an axe at the golem's head area.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Fifteen: DiediediediediedieDIE!
« Reply #256 on: May 12, 2012, 11:09:03 am »

Got nothing to say here.

Turn Fifteen: If they were going to play crossbowdudes, why did they make knight characters

Since the golem is slow, it always goes last in the initiative roll. This leaves:

Taren: 4
Elenor: 5
Hel: 2
Apollo: 2
Rath: 2
Remy: 3

Elenor:
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(3) Seeing the magic barrier being weakened, Elenor once again takes his shot on the left crystal, figuring it should go through this time. And while he hits, his shot does not hit center and proves rather ineffective, sticking in the crystal but doing little else. It has formed a few cracks, though, and something seeps out. Very, very slowly.

Taren:

(4) Unison Technique: Double Crossbow! Taren's shot, also on the left crystal, seems to have a bit of a greater impact. Where previously there were small tears, you now definitely see gaps. And - it is the magic that seems to leak from there. Raw magic. Delicious, raw magic...

Helskaya:

(3) The cockpit shield is, unfortunately, still in good shape. Your axe is therefore stuck in thin air (and wouldn't have hit Elizabeth anyway, judging by the trajectory), and blue sparks occasionally run over the shield bubble and the axe. That looks rather impressive, but does not change the fact you now have one axe less.

Remy:

(1) Autobondage tiem! He doesn't learn, does he...

Apollo:

(2) Apollo shoots the golem. It is not very effective - leaves a hole, does not seem to be bothering him though. At all.

Ratherio:

(5) Hoo boy, here we go.
The mage seems to be distracted by the structural integrity of the left crystal, which clearly is Ratherio's chance. He runs at the golem with remarkable speed (especially considering him wearing robes) and starts scaling it without stopping, with technique most akin to a mad monkey. Only after getting on the shoulders he is noticed.
"What the..."
"Say your prayers!" And he starts knifing at the cockpit shield. Elizabeth remains unshaken.
"Hah! What are you trying to..." The sentence is left unfinished as she realized he is actually making progress. "I-Impossible!" Blue sparks are literally flying everywhere, and the cracks on the crystal are becoming more pronounced. And Ratherio does not seem to want to stop any time soon...

Golem/Elizabeth

(4) "Just... get off!" (4) Ratherio is, at first, still able to stay on the golem. However, Elizabeth is piloting the thing a little too madly, and he is forced to jump off, and (5) easily evades the golem fist aiming to crash down on him. To the GM's great dismay, however, he does not taunt her after this.

The left shoulder crystal is nearly about to break.

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Character sheets.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Ratherio Houston (borno)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 12, 2012, 11:59:46 am »

Turn Fifteen: If they were going to play crossbowdudes, why did they make knight characters
((My character is a combat pragmatist. There is no way he'll fight an enemy on their preferred field, which in the golem's case means melee.))

"..."
Elenor frowns. Seriously, Elizabeth? She fell down even further on his list for showing such poor performance for an allegedly "extremely powerful" mage.

Elenor just crouches and keeps shooting at the same crystal.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 12, 2012, 12:34:03 pm »

Elenor frowns. Seriously, Elizabeth? She fell down even further on his list for showing such poor performance for an allegedly "extremely powerful" mage.

((It's more of a case of "I did not expect you guys to perform so well" :P Looking back, I should have given the golem two actions per turn at the very least.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 12, 2012, 12:36:44 pm »

...free myself.
"I am beginning to dislike these things."
Run up to the golem, dodging anything it can throw at me.  Climb up to the cockpit and shoot Elizabeth at close range.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 12, 2012, 12:37:15 pm »

((It's more of a case of "I did not expect you guys to perform so well" :P Looking back, I should have given the golem two actions per turn at the very least.))
((Yep, I know Elizabeth underestimated the bumbling group of guys because she thinks she is the OMGAWD MAGE.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 12, 2012, 12:54:25 pm »

Run up to leaking magic and lick it Run up and lever off right crystal with axe.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 12, 2012, 12:59:14 pm »

((Yep, I know Elizabeth underestimated the bumbling group of guys because she thinks she is the OMGAWD MAGE.))
((That is a reasonable character interpretation. Girl's not been out all that much lately.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 12, 2012, 04:10:58 pm »

Apollo fired at the left crystal, seeing an opportunity to do something.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 12, 2012, 05:27:23 pm »

"DiediediediediedieDIE!"
Ratherio laughs maniacally!
"Your golem doesn't seem to be boding well! Maybe because you UNDERESTIMATED RATHERIO, THE GREATEST MAGE OF ALL TIME!"
"I better get some Brownie points with the goddess of chaos for this..."
He added silently.
"Remy! Pass your gunchucks! I WILL SHOW ALL HOW VERSATILE I AM!"

Ask Remy to pass his gunchucks and shoot at the left crystal! Once I am done, pass it back!
((Oh man. I seriously love my character.))
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 01:08:31 am by borno »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 12, 2012, 05:36:58 pm »

((It is Goddess of Chaos. And you really want to tap her, from what I've seen so far.))
>Yes?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 12, 2012, 05:40:39 pm »

(I don't have a crossbow, Taren does.)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 13, 2012, 03:01:08 am »

((It is Goddess of Chaos. And you really want to tap her, from what I've seen so far.))

((Anything that moves for him.
And I have to concede that this RtD would be approximately 60% less funny without Ratherio.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 13, 2012, 04:15:34 am »

((I never explicitly stated mine was a Knight. Nor does wielding crossbows and knowing how to use them not make a person a Knight.  :P))

Taren grinned as he saw the crystal leak, magic. Raw magic. Perhaps this would aid him and refill his stamina.

Restore own magic/Unlock White Magic by adsorbing the raw magic!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 15, 2012, 11:20:35 am »

I wanted to roll with it today. But computer crashed.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 58