Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271062 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — Empty Nest Syndrome
« Reply #2160 on: March 14, 2013, 12:20:01 pm »

(Kahn is a strong guy. :P I did have it, though, so...

Also that is one amusing avatar Sky. ^^^)
((And you said my lizard was a white spikeball.

Kahn's hugging him XD

The joy of vague descriptions :P You're good at this Sky.))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 17 — Mirrors and Windows
« Reply #2161 on: March 14, 2013, 01:48:14 pm »

Kahn gave Rod a brofist

Rod returns it before untying his grappling hook and proceeding to the next floor.

"That turned out remarkably well. All praise to the Rope, for the Rope is good."

((Yeah, FFS is a good addition. :))))

Spoiler: Rod (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: March 14, 2013, 02:33:11 pm »

Shadow looked around, finely realizing no one else was in the room with him, before yelling,

"Anyone wanna help me kill this thing!?"

Charge the creature and aim for anything that remotely looks like a head. Try to use some demon power to increase my strength and lob off the head!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((I'd love to see ffs in :D Also great avatar Sky))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: March 14, 2013, 02:56:02 pm »

"Hmmm..." Azastre rubs his chin in confusion for a moment before shrugging and letting it go. He stretches for a while, making sure to do it a safe distance away from Arianna. That done, he resumes moving ahead to explore the next floor.

Onwards!
Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: March 14, 2013, 09:04:34 pm »

((freefoooooooooorm! :3

Also how dare you, Caellath. I should get all chammed up and show you what for right now. :P))

Everyone safe and the floor fallen to the void, Arianna did the only rational thing and continued up the stairs. What she did once she got there was a bit stranger.

At first, she merely looked around, her eyes lingering a moment on the lanterns before continuing to examine the floor. Her expression gradually began turning to one of realization as she stared at the black lumps and listened to the clinking sounds.

Dragon nest. This was a dragon nest, and that meant there were dragon hatchlings. Her dragon hatchlings.

She immediately began creeping forward, somewhat against her better judgement, scanning the arches for danger. Hopefully that fool would distract any adults while she made off with a new pet. Also hopefully said new pet would require a minimum of gnawing before accepting her as a master or nestmate.

Approach center lumps cautiously. If able to reach them without being assaulted by serpents, attempt to befriend lumps.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: March 14, 2013, 10:00:41 pm »

((Oh, I had forgotten, but I give ffs my blessing.

@Irony: And to think pages ago you said it was only a thing of Faith's...))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: March 16, 2013, 09:38:19 pm »

Ace sighs, smiling in relief.
"That was close."
Suddenly, he frowns.
"How are we getting back down?"
Head upstairs. Practice aiming, unless an ally is in danger.
"Ey, death knight babe! Ariana! What's with the creeping around?"
((Oh yes. Yes with the force of 10000 collapsing stars.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: March 16, 2013, 10:04:03 pm »

((@Irony: And to think pages ago you said it was only a thing of Faith's...))
((It just keeps happening. D:))

"That was close."
Suddenly, he frowns.
Arianna turned her head, giving Ace a slightly annoyed "Shhhhh!"

"Stealing dragon hatchlings. Don't want to wake adult."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: March 16, 2013, 10:11:36 pm »

((@Irony: And to think pages ago you said it was only a thing of Faith's...))
((It just keeps happening. D:))

"That was close."
Suddenly, he frowns.
Arianna turned her head, giving Ace a slightly annoyed "Shhhhh!"

"Stealing dragon hatchlings. Don't want to wake adult."
"Oh, cool. Hey, if you don't get yourself killed, care to grab one for me?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: March 16, 2013, 10:39:22 pm »

((Well, try to keep a modicum of decency. :P))

Azastre shoots Arianna one of the nastiest looks he can muster to make with his naturally non-threatening face.
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2170 on: March 17, 2013, 08:04:18 am »

Ire 4,2,3 = 6 HP  healed for everyone.

Kahn 4 sets down the huge, spiky lizard, miraculously without hurting himself, and looks around. The darkened floor is a traditional style with tall arches as windows and and a round room. There is probably a staircase somewhere near the middle, but it's not visible right now. The floor is completely covered in straw or hay, and some sort of fluffy cloth. The light from the outside  reveals a long outline coiled in the middle, black and slightly reflective. In the corner of the heap is a golden gleam that speaks of coins.

Ire: "That's the first time I've seen some idiot decide to knock the floor over," she says with a shrug.

Rod stows his grappling hook back into his pockets and walks up to floor 18.

Shadow decides to attack first and add questions later. 3 He trips over a bar of something half-buried in the hay and trips face-first into a 3 half-fluffy pillow. It squeaks, spitting out more feathers.

5 With an enraged rawr of rage, Shadow lops the right half of the pillow off of the left half of the pillow, enhancing his attack with the rabbit soul. Feathers burst into the air and fly everywhere, a dizzying swirl of white fluffy objects.

Azastre goes to floor 18, where there is what Kahn saw.

Arianna 2,1 watches as Shadow runs out into the nest and ROAR, killing a ... pillow. A very fluffy pillow. His shout seems to wake the things in the nest (dragon hatchlings?) up... they start shifting and stirring, as a small trickle of coins slip down the heap.

As she approaches the center lumps, she steps on something soft. She looks down and sees a white robe, fringed in red. Hmm.

She prods it, and it seems like there's a person in it. A pair of eyes look at her, slightly reflective.

Roana fell asleep. That's the last thing she really remembers, except the part where she ran away from a rampaging heard of giant mongooses on floor ... six, she thinks. She idly wonders what happened to the other people with her... It's pretty dark now, not time to wake up, but something stepped on her. How rude. She opens her eyes to see that whoever stepped on her is looking at her, too.

Ace 3,1,2 aims a bit except he can't see anything in the dark so he doesn't actually get any practice. He thinks Arianna might be in danger, but she's creeping towards the center anyways.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18
« Reply #2171 on: March 17, 2013, 08:44:07 am »

Azastre stares at Shadow like he's watching someone with a very dire case of mental retardation destroy pillows. Which happens to be the case. Not only a murderous bastard, but also an idiot one. He shakes his head and gets back to walking.

Start to search for the next floor's stairs, prevent Shadow from going around killing.
Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
>Yes?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: March 17, 2013, 08:46:05 am »

Gather cloth from the floor.

Spoiler: Rod (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: March 17, 2013, 10:43:50 am »

"Ey!" Roana rises to her feet and puffs up her chest toward Arianna. "Whatcha think you're doin', steppin' on a poor helpless girl like 'at? Say, where is 'is place, mmm? Last thing I know runnin' away from murdabeasts on floor six, an' now I'm in a fluffy pillow nest. Is this heaven? Are y'all rude, annoying angels?"

Roana looks around for the wooden staff she had before this whole mess.

Spoiler: Roana Winds (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: March 17, 2013, 11:37:06 am »

Ace widens his eyes in surprise at Roana, before walking up to her, pushing Ariana aside as he does so. He straightens his back and raises an eyebrow at Roana.
This time, I shall not fail.
"Are you sure you're not the angel here, miss? I don't know much about the heavens, but you certainly look like one."
Engage player mode. Then go and grab some eggs Arianna isn't going for. Copy her style of kidnapping.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 06:07:25 pm by Spinal_Taper »
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 152