Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271027 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — Empty Nest Syndrome
« Reply #2190 on: March 20, 2013, 01:16:12 am »

Arianna clicked her tongue. So close! But now everything was waking up... she didn't think she could just repeat that attempt and make off with the hatchling now.

Maybe diplomacy was in order.

Attempt to calm down hatchling, ideally convince it I'm a nestmate. See? Black scales just like you!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: March 20, 2013, 09:40:11 am »

"Hmm, probably faulty to counterfeiting and reproducing...Metalsmiths should look forward to ribbed edges."

With a smile, Ire pocketed the coin and observed the area - the same allies, along with a strange new companion, 'must talk to that one soon' - and reptiles. Somehow, her intuition was nagging her, and she was in an acquiescent mood.

But what...

Stay in stealth, check the room in detail: how is it structured, method of passage construction and the presence of creatures larger than us - like, what's the floor and walls made of?

The lizard shall CHARGE INTO COMBAT and stick to Azastre/Kahn's side. If they're not available, it backs up the other person who I don't know in nicely white robes.

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2192 on: March 21, 2013, 06:33:18 am »

Kahn 6->5 convinces the dragon? thing to calm down. It settles back and glares at him, just waiting for anyone to make just one funny move.

Roana shouts, "Ach! A damned dragon! Hold, hold - I'll support you from behind!" She 1 puts the staff to good use and (accidentally) Clobbers Ace. 4 Thankfully, Ace is non-lethally clobbered and merely falls to the floor, stunned.

Azastre 3,3 finds the robot is snoozing near the edge of the room in a corner. Juha is coughing, leaning on the robot for support, and Zalgo is nowhere to be seen. He looks around some more and sees that there's nothing that looks like stairs, except the ones down. Perhaps it's like the first floor, where the stairs were revealed by a set of buttons.

Ace 1 IS CLOBBERED! By a +4 Mulberry Staff of Clobbering!
End of story.

He stumbles and falls to the floor, dazed and unable to tell one pickup line from another. He falls to his knees on the spinning, soft floor.

Shadow 2 leaps! Leaps at the dragon(?)! He trips! Trips over a dragon tail!

4 + 3+4 vs 6->1+4
= 0 dmg

He valiantly swings his sword at the tail and feels the blade bounce off the scales, giving a shock to his arms. The tail... has a triangle shape at the end. Dragons don't have triangle-club-ended tails. Do they?

Arianna 4 looks unscary and unintimidating and totally ungoingtokidnapyouforfunandprofit-y. It ... sorta works. The hatchling growls and settles back down for sleep. It isn't convinced by Arianna's argument that they both have scales, ergo dragon-bros.

Ire 6 looks around. Round room. Made of rough stone, but the floor is covered in nesting materials. Arch windows that should be windy by all common sense but aren't. Big black creature in the middle, smaller black creatures next to it. Dim overall and hard to tell between colors.

3 The lizard makes a ghroom sound deep in its throat and yawns, huge maw opening wide and revealing two sets of sharp teeth.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 17 — Mirrors and Windows
« Reply #2193 on: March 21, 2013, 07:34:23 am »

(Nice. ^^^)

Since initiating dialogue with the dragon was working so well, Kahn decided to keep it up. "Dragon, my name is Sir Trevor Kahn. My companions and I wish to continue upwards into the tower. Can you tell us where the stairs up are?" he asked the creature.

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2194 on: March 21, 2013, 07:40:37 am »

(Note that everyone else seems to be hellbent on either killing it or stealing its hatchlings.

And by everyone I mean Shadow and Arianna. :P)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18
« Reply #2195 on: March 21, 2013, 10:19:37 am »

((Shadow is a stupid murderous idiot who wants to seem heroic for some reason. This one time, Arianna is preferrable. ._.))

Azastre raises an eyebrow and approaches Juha and the robot, curious about what the hell happened.

Inquire Juha as to what happened.
Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: March 21, 2013, 10:23:49 am »

"Ah. Good work there, Sir... Kahn, I think it was? The beasts seem to have calmed down." Roana looks down at Ace. "My apologies. At least you're tough."

Roana backs away from the dragon and starts feeling around the walls of the area: for secret buttons, loot, cobwebs, anything.

Spoiler: Roana Winds (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:38:31 am by freeformschooler »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: March 21, 2013, 10:42:13 am »

(@Sky: Quite the turnabout. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: March 22, 2013, 03:13:46 am »

((Hey, at least Arianna's being vaguely subtle about it. :I

But yes, Shadow's going to get himself and possibly others killed if he keeps attacking everything he sees on sight.))

Arianna paused a moment. On the one hand, she wanted that hatchling. On the other hand, she didn't want to wreck Kahn's progress with the big one.

She opted for waiting and seeing.

Examine that marble I got off the giant arm. Train gem appraisal?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: March 22, 2013, 03:37:50 am »

((How long is the waitlist currently?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: March 22, 2013, 03:58:47 am »

((How long is the waitlist currently?))
((-))

((:P

Meaning, no waitlist.))
Also, just noticed I didn't post. Argh.

Interesting. Fanged lizard. Muchly reminds me of the salamanders back home...with all their fiery fun.

But still. Dragons. How did these creatures survive at this height? Or...how, at all. I don't think I recall anything from the village of seeing flying creatures from the tower...

I think.

Inspect the windows! What lies outside of em?

Command: Lizard backs up the strange white robed person!

Spoiler: Ire Fidel - Stealthed (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:29:48 am by Tiruin »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: March 23, 2013, 02:22:53 am »

((Finally found the time to write a character sheet))
((Here's my application:))
Spoiler: Richard Amox (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 03:53:51 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: March 23, 2013, 08:03:12 am »

~Disregard, quote fail occured~
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:23:31 pm by adwarf »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: March 23, 2013, 10:59:45 am »

Look for anything of value nearby

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: March 23, 2013, 12:18:27 pm »

Recover. Practice with the makeshift grappling hook.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 152