Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271039 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 17 — Mirrors and Windows
« Reply #2175 on: March 17, 2013, 11:58:13 am »

Ace widens his eyes in surprise at Roana, before walking up to her, pushing Ariana aside as he does so. He straightens his back and raises an eyebrow at Roana.
This time, I shall not fail.
"Are you sure you're not the angel here, miss? I don't know much about the heavens, but you certainly look like one."
Engage player mode.

Roana facepalms at the new guy.

"Ya' got it wrong, doof!" She rolls her eyes. "You're suppose' to start with, 'did it hurt?' Then I ask, 'did what hurt?'"

Roana notices all the others making a commotion around the floor.

"Ohhhhhh my. I'm still in Sky Tower, aren't I?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: March 17, 2013, 12:25:41 pm »

Roana facepalms at the new guy.

"Ya' got it wrong, doof!" She rolls her eyes. "You're suppose' to start with, 'did it hurt?' Then I ask, 'did what hurt?'"

Roana notices all the others making a commotion around the floor.

"Ohhhhhh my. I'm still in Sky Tower, aren't I?"
Ace nods, a little exasperated.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, I know." He waves his hand dismissively. "Then I say 'Falling from heaven, because baby, you look like an angel'. Then you giggle all ditzy. But look, I'm trying to innovate here. I mean, you already know that line, so why would I use it?"
He pauses a moment to think.
What did I forget, what did I forge- Oh, that's right.
"Oh, yeah. You're still in the tower. Welcome to Floor 17 and our charming party of wacky characters.  That's Kahn, our spear poking barbarian, Azastre, a really smart kid with a robot, Arianna, the girl who stepped on you, is our death knight. Ire, who's still down a floor, is the resident rogue, and the one who's grabbing cloth is Rod. He's got a really big sword."
Again, he pauses, but smiles a little, miming thought.
"Oh, and there's Ace, the charming ace shot with perfect accuracy, whether he's aiming for the heart of a fine lady such as yourself, or the dark core of some misbegotten monster! By the time, he's out of here, his exploits, both in combat, and in romance, will live on through the eternity as a legend to be remembered by all!"
His finishes speaking, almost yelling, and leans towards her.
"That, dear lady, is precisely who you're speaking to now."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: March 17, 2013, 02:11:36 pm »

Kahn took a closer look at his surroundings, training a Search skill while simultaneously trying to spot danger.

"Lady," Kahn said to Roana briefly to greet her, still scanning the area.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — Empty Nest Syndrome
« Reply #2178 on: March 17, 2013, 02:56:34 pm »

Roana sighs and un-puffs her chest. She nods to Ace and Kahn.

"Good to meet you all, too, I suppose. At the very least, you LOOK more competent than my last group. I'm Roana Winds, an apprentice in White Magic. I have no idea why I'm all the way up here, really, so I'm gonna ask you all to be my tour guide for a little while if that's alright. I'll keep up as best I can."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: March 17, 2013, 03:03:38 pm »

"Not a problem at all. I'll keep an eye out for you. And my name is Sir Trevor Kahn, a knight under His Imperial Majesty King George V. I'm just dressed as a barbarian because I was infiltrating a pack of them not too long ago - one of my parents is foreign - and the clothes are quite comfortable." Kahn smoothed his long mustache.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: March 17, 2013, 03:41:07 pm »

Arianna glared at Ace, deciding not to put him in a headlock for his insolence mainly because she remembered him helping to save her life at least once. Instead she turned back to Roana.

"I'm sure the services of a healer will be most appreciated. You may also be interested in Ire and Azastre, as they appear to be the most gifted in restorative arts among us.

Now if you'll excuse me, I was attempting to quietly steal dragon hatchlings before you took a nap between us and then began talking loudly. Hopefully the adults, if any are present, at least prefer loud threats to close ones."

Resume creeping and inspecting towards eggs/hatchlings/adult that looked like lumps from afar, a bit faster and less cautiously now that everyone's loud anyway.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: March 17, 2013, 04:43:48 pm »

Arianna glared at Ace, deciding not to put him in a headlock for his insolence mainly because she remembered him helping to save her life at least once.
((I also have the impression he'd enjoy it.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: March 17, 2013, 06:15:31 pm »

Roana sighs and un-puffs her chest. She nods to Ace and Kahn.

"Good to meet you all, too, I suppose. At the very least, you LOOK more competent than my last group. I'm Roana Winds, an apprentice in White Magic. I have no idea why I'm all the way up here, really, so I'm gonna ask you all to be my tour guide for a little while if that's alright. I'll keep up as best I can."
"Yeah, nice to meet you, Roana. We're pretty good at this thing, but in all seriousness, keeping up will not be an issue. A good number of us here are fond of taking every lastbthing they can from each floor. If you need help, ask any of us, preferably me."
Arianna glared at Ace, deciding not to put him in a headlock for his insolence mainly because she remembered him helping to save her life at least once.
((I also have the impression he'd enjoy it.))
((Right up until the pain became more unbearable than the grappling was pleasant. And that could take a while.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: March 18, 2013, 01:23:53 pm »

((FFS. Your appearance. Its amazing. ;D))

Enter stealth, after tagging my lizard and calling whomever else was left behind > Advance to next floor. Inspect floor for allies and other moving creatures.

Intuit on the presence of magic.

Try to loot something substantial from this floor - preferably something I can craft.

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2184 on: March 19, 2013, 05:35:52 am »

Azastre 1 pats down the nest's contents, but only finds that it's packed full with metal coins. No stairs. Oh wait, he just prodded the creature's belly. 1 It doesn't seem to take well to it—Azastre suddenly falls over, stunned. A moment later, a piercing screech registers in his dazed brain.

Rod 2 gathers... erm... well, he supposes it's cloth, but then again you could argue that it's actually golden thread as much good that it would do.

x9 "Cloth, In The Most Loose Definition of Cloth" obtained.

3 Rod suddenly is dizzy and stumbles a step. Whatever's nesting in the room just woke up and shrieked at Azastre. It has a pointy head, like some poisonous snakes, but more bony and defined. It has a mean look in its eyes which have reptilian slits and are yellow. The scales covering its body and small and smooth, colored either black or blue—hard to tell in this low light.

Roana 5 finds her staff! It's half-buried in a pile of golden thread. Or hay. The light doesn't help. She sticks her hands into the pile and find that it is, in fact, golden thread, and retrieves her +4 Mulberry Staff of Clobbering. She lacked funds to purchase one that had fancy effects, or one that actually enhanced her healing. So that's that.

2 She falls to her knees as her senses are buffeted by an otherworldly shriek.

Ace 1 digs beneath some of the black scaly body and gets hit over the head with a wing.

1 + .5 + 1 vs 3+3
= 3 dmg No eggs found, either.

Kahn 5 gains 12 points to search.

He sees that Azastre and Ace are being attacked by the scaly winged thing while venturing too close to it, and that the person that was found inside the nest is also affected by its scream. His firmer constitution and farther position lets him only wince as it washes over him. He sees that it's bedding on various coins, hay, cloth, thread, and other soft or hard materials. He thinks that it's actually not one creature but at least three. The biggest one is in action.

Arianna 5 manages to get close to the creature unseen, unlike the failures of her party mates. She sees that there's an adult, two younglings, and what seems to be a late hatchling. They're all sleeping (except for the adult). She 1 tries to pick up the cat-sized hatchling, but its eyes snap open, its jaws creak open, and she is bathed in point blank fire.

2+7 vs 1+3+3
= 0 damage

Impossibly, she manages to throw her body out of the way and takes nary but a warm sensation to her torso. The hatchling starts chirping as Arianna lands in a pile of small golden coins, scattering them all over the floor.

Ire 2+1  manages to hide over all the commotion with the help of the long long shadows. She watches the mayhem as they wake up the reptile-like creature and its consorting hatchling. She 3 thinks that there's something big in this room. Somewhere. 2 She picks up a gold coin marked with a craggy island on one side, a tower on the other, and with a tiny beveled '3' on both sides. It doesn't have a ribbed edge.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: March 19, 2013, 06:14:56 am »

Hmm... it's a chance to slay a dragon, no doubt about that. It would be quite the heroic feat! But at the same time, I can't help but think that maybe I should leave this one alone. She does seem to have younglings, and although they too will grow up to be terrible beasts it would hardly be sporting to damn them to starvation. Kahn sighed. "Perhaps we should leave the dragon be?" he suggested. If he was lucky, maybe he could Charisma the dragon into calming down as well before too much blood was spilled.

(TL;DR: Krisma e'rybody into not fighting. If possible. :P)

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: March 19, 2013, 09:36:05 am »

"Ach! A damned dragon! Hold, hold - I'll support you from behind!"

Roana gets as close to Ace as possible without being directly in the adult dragon's line of fire. She holds her +4 Mulberry Staff of Clobbering into the air and recites some words, attempting to cast Cure on him.

Spoiler: Roana Winds (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:39:59 am by freeformschooler »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18
« Reply #2187 on: March 19, 2013, 10:48:29 am »

Azastre squeaks in susprise and starts to run around, trying to search for a way to the next level. This one is just too dangerous for him.

Search for the stairs, for the stairs! Oh, and check where the robot is.
Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: March 19, 2013, 11:12:05 am »

"Oh, jeez."
Load revolvers. Be ready for evasive action. Towards the stairs.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: March 19, 2013, 03:13:41 pm »

Stab the dragon in the eye, go for the eye!!!! This time actual stab the actual dragon thing

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 152