Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271343 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 15 — Nonpossession
« Reply #1620 on: October 10, 2012, 12:04:24 pm »

Of course. Of COURSE.

Azastre had to do it. He just had to hug me...Why can't I even be myself to the kid? It felt like hours, yet all I said was nil.

...I didn't even make any action but be a statue as he hugged me. Great. Now he's gone, and I spoke my mind while going up the stairs.

Muh. At least I'm alone, and nobody noticed me. There's Azastre...Popo, Gretel...no. I can't talk with them now, nor do I think I can help with whatever puzzle Sire Kahn is in.

Well, back to the basics.

Train Stealth! [Keeping Hidden]

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: October 10, 2012, 03:08:13 pm »

Try to bring out the holy power of my sword and smite the statue's arm off, if this fails hack at it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: October 10, 2012, 03:23:59 pm »

Kahn tried to get Shadow's attention as he moved next to him. "Can you lure it toward the stairs? Perhaps we can knock it down them and hopefully shatter it," he whispered to him. If Shadow agreed and was able to lure the statue, Kahn would hit it with a running shoulder block from behind in an attempt to knock it down the stairs; if he failed or didn't agree, Kahn would search the room more closely for something he could use against the statue.

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 14 — The Musicians of Bremen
« Reply #1623 on: October 10, 2012, 04:30:18 pm »

Shoot the statue, do a head count.
"Kahn? What's the plan, sir knight?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: October 10, 2012, 05:39:50 pm »

"You'll see if it works," Kahn responded, glancing at the statue. He didn't know for sure, but given that it used the English language it could probably understand speech and he didn't want to give the game away early even if it meant leaving Ace slightly clueless. "If it doesn't, then we'll just have to take it down the old-fashioned way."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: October 10, 2012, 05:44:06 pm »

New Action: Lead the statue backwards towards the stairs down, all the while trying to harness the holy powers in my sword.

((Come forth powers! I need something dangit! :( ))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: October 11, 2012, 11:55:51 pm »

"I suppose that was for the best. Onward and upward!"

Go back upstairs and scavenge anything that can be scavenged like a good little kleptomaniac.

Spoiler: Rod Manly (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: October 12, 2012, 01:16:09 am »

Gather some cham. Do not eat it. :<

Follow Popo and Gretel to next floor.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1628 on: October 12, 2012, 07:45:18 am »

Azastre 2 tries to pluck the diamonds out bare-handed, but he fails to.

5 His second try, with the robot's help succeeds. The robot smashes a couple tiles and nets Azastre 8 Small Gems.

Popo looks at the moving statue and goes "eek". She produces a purple-handled pink tufted broomstick and flies into the air.

Gretel looks at Popo stupidly. She looks at her feet.

"...What about me?"

Ire 1,6->5,4=70 pt to Stealth. She sneaks circles around everyone, and the best part is no-one noticed a thing!

Another dark chaser forms behind her.

Shadow 1,5 fails to get the statue's attention: it stops following him once he gets mostly to the stairs.

On the other hand, he successfully wreathes a departed soul around his sword. It glows black.

Kahn searches the room. 6->1 He finds a happy, happy lever (it even has a smiley face on it!)! He pulls it.

4 A rumbling sound shakes the floor, but there isn't anything deadly popping out... yet.

The statue returns to its berth in the middle of the floor, and stays there.

Ace 4 4+5+4+3 vs 4+16
(used a +3 xmosaic bulletx)

The bullet shatters against the statue's skin without even making a dent.

Rod 4 picks up four small gems.

Arianna 1 noms on more cham as she picks them.

Mmm... tasty.

She heads to floor 15.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: October 12, 2012, 07:54:33 am »

Azastre watches Arianna eating more cham and an alarm goes off inside his mind. That is most obviously bad news, and leaving it be won't be nice. He looks as Gretel stares at her own feet, glued to the ground as he is, while Popo flies riding on a broom. Always trying to be nice, Azastre carefully consoles her that at that very least she's fast on the ground and doesn't need to fly.

Then, after trying to cheer Gretel up, he moves on to save Arianna from herself and consequently, save him from her if she gets out of control once again.

Azastre tries to make Arianna drink of the antidote, then examines the area around for anything worth noticing.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: October 12, 2012, 07:56:50 am »

"Huh w-"

Ire turned around to marvel at the fact that there were now two chasers following her. It was like the same feeling when she saw the orange one, but diluted by melancholy.

"At least something likes my company. I wonder if there's any other thing you can do?"

So she tried poking one of the chasers with her dulled dagger, using the hilt to poke and holding by the edge.

Looking around, she was glad nobody noticed her -- Sire Kahn and the ones nearest to the statue most of all. But now, how should she ascend? The only pathway was on the top of the thing - well, before it moved - and she needed to pass by unnoticed...

"Back to the old ways, then."

Practice Stealth once more, examine the stairwell and the back of the statue. Be inconspicuous and hide if getting spotted!

If possible, examine dark chaser.

There goes Popo, flying up an-...great. She's in the air. Better hide.

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: October 12, 2012, 10:40:18 am »

Loot the room, take gems, rocks, metal. Then, try to make the cham-enchanted bullet again.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: October 12, 2012, 02:13:00 pm »

Use my new found sword to hack off one of the statue's arm.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: October 12, 2012, 06:16:43 pm »

"Perhaps you could stay and fight with us?" Arianna asked Gretel. "Though it is a bit rude to rush off and leave your sister, Popo. Could you make another broom if given the materials?"

Then she walked right up to the mobile statue.

"Greetings," she said simply, studying it.

Talk to Popo and Gretel. Examine and talk to statue.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: October 12, 2012, 06:29:45 pm »

While waiting for the lever to show its effect, Kahn attempted to try climbing up the statue to the stairs above it. Should the statue protest, he'd back off and just train Enhanced Attack.

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 06:32:54 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 152