Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271333 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 15 — Nonpossession
« Reply #1635 on: October 13, 2012, 06:02:17 am »

Azastre consoles Gretel, who sorta ignores him but only partially. She gives Azastre half of a nod and wanders towards where Kahn is.

2 cannot force someone to drink.

1 He examines the area, but there are mostly sparkly gems, then more sparkly gems.

Ire 2 pokes a chaser. It is displaced by the hilt, but nothing much happens.

6->5,3,6->1= level up!

She hides and sneaks to the backside of the statue. The staircase 4 is roughly four meters from the floor, and about a meter and a half from the statue's head.

She examines the dark chaser. The black flames around it chill her finger when she brings it near, but doesn't harm her. Perhaps it's because she's the owner.

Ace 3,3,5,3 He pries out a single gem, loots five heavy tiles, and finds little metal to loot.

3 He makes a +3 Rock bullet. He has no more cham seeds left.

Shadow 5 + 3 + 4 + 2  vs 1 + 16

watches as his sword strikes the statue, then bounces off. Again.
The dark soul flees.

Arianna 3 6->1 goads that maybe Gretel isn't strong enough to fend off the statue. Just look at Popo, fleeing because she can't trust you~

Gretel looks calm again. And this means - 6->1 Arianna is hit by the non-spiked staff part of the weapon Gretel has, and takes 4+2 damage.

Popo calls down, "Don't kill her!"

3 Arianna dusts herself off and walks to the statue. She looks at it.

"Greetings."
"YOUR GREED SHALL HERALD THE END OF YOUR GRUBBY LIVES, PIGS."

Friendly.

Kahn

As soon as Kahn lays a hand on the statue, it reacts 3 by smacking him with a palm. Kahn is sent stumbling back a few steps.

He backs off and trains attack.  6.6.3, 4, 3= Level up: EA 1

2 With whooping cries, three men with shaved heads and a white headband tumble from behind a moving panel set high in the ceiling. They tumble to the ground and stand in a ready pose. They are bare-handed, but their thickly muscled arms and wide shoulders say that they aren't easy foes. 5 Following them, a single goblin, heavily geared in black plate, with a helmet and goggles, and bearing a round tank on its back parachutes down. It is holding a short tube in its gnarly hands.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: October 13, 2012, 07:44:18 am »

((Unsure if I should update status of Dark Chaser.  :P))

Ok...this has just gotten weirder.

Ire stared at the sight of the newcomers before coming to the regular conclusion that a battle was to come. Well, after the probable diplomacy, but by the looks of things...

Let's see how this plays out.

Though, the statue doesn't like greed. Perhaps it means how we took from the makings of this tower? That's not greed. It's re-purposing. Refurbishing, and all that phonetics.

Train Stealth.

Look for weakpoints in the newcomers and the statue, the latter taking priority, but remain hidden!

Try to see if there is a less obvious but safe route to the stairway.

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 10:57:43 am by Tiruin »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: October 13, 2012, 09:24:25 am »

Ready myself by hiding practicing swordsmanship.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: October 13, 2012, 10:40:21 am »

(Hmm... Mechanically speaking, I can't damage this statue. Sixes are just rerolls from what I can tell, and 9 base + 2 spear = 11 minimum damage; since the most I can get added is five I can only match its defense.)

Kahn considered his hexes. "Anyone want to take a risk? I can cast a spell to make one stronger, but there's also a chance it will make one weaker or do nothing at all," he said.

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: October 13, 2012, 11:04:19 am »

"This time I'm just going to stay out of the way of all these freakshows until they bother me. I hope that isn't a problem, people."

Use the various gemstones, soul crystal, and warm white daggers to upgrade the Ebony Armor.

Spoiler: Rod Manly (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 14 — The Musicians of Bremen
« Reply #1640 on: October 13, 2012, 11:36:16 am »

Practice with the cards. Do tricks and throw them at the wall for training.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: October 13, 2012, 04:56:14 pm »

Arianna paused a moment at the newcomers. On the one hand, she should probably greet them properly. On the other hand, they might attack her. Compromising, she turned back to the statue and glanced at the floor. Those tiles looked thick, and what were those gems studding them? Diamonds?

"So there's no reason not to do this, or is there?" she asked the statue, beginning to harvest the floor.

"Greetings," she called over to the newcomers as she did so. "I am Arianna Salgrief. What brings you here?"

Diplomacy statue and humanoids. Harvest floor.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: October 13, 2012, 06:31:16 pm »

Azastre decides to keep trying to help Arianna. By means of forcing the antidote down her gullet.

Azastre tries to make Arianna drink the antidote again! And gets the robot to rip off some more gems for him. And of course he thanks the robot afterwards.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: October 13, 2012, 11:12:16 pm »

((I love how Arianna is completely oblivious to Azastre trying to force that antidote down her throat.  :P))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: October 13, 2012, 11:25:35 pm »

((Well, he did fail. :P))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1645 on: October 19, 2012, 03:58:17 am »

Ire 2+1 fails to stealth. However, 6.6.4, 1 she can tell that the statue would probably take more damage bare-handed than with any weapons. She doesn't pay attention to the newcomers.

4 She could fly there maybe? :D Popo is perched on the first step.

Shadow 5,6.4,3=90 pt  to  one-handed swords.

Rod 6->5 1,3,2 uses his various gemstones, soul crystal, and dagger to make a +1.5 Highly Decorated Armor.

Ace 2 is about to throw cards when one of the bare-headed fighters runs at him and catches him unaware. The man throws a straight punch at Ace and deals

5+4 vs 3
= 6 damage

Ace thinks he heard a rib crack through his skimpy leather coat. He stumbles back a couple steps, clutching his side and his precious cards.

Azastre 6 pours the potion all over Arianna, and when she is caught unaware pushes the rest of it into her mouth.

3 A fighter dance and prances a length or two away from Azastre, ready to charge.

Arianna 3 can't take the potion bottle out of her mouth — it's jammed in pretty deep — and is forced to swallow the contents lest she choke. Also no diplomacy.

6.2 Two bare-heads run at her.

One delivers a high-kick

6->3+4 vs 5+2+2
= 4 damage

, but Arianna hops out of the way and only takes 4 damage.

The other is ready and trips Arianna

3+4 vs 1

She falls. 5 The good news is that the potion bottle was forcibly dislodged from her mouth onto the floor. The bad news is two muscly monks are ready to pounce her.

Kahn says something, but is ignored. 4 The goblin cowers and steps back away from Kahn. His tube now has a tiny flame on the end. Interesting.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: October 19, 2012, 04:57:15 am »

((Nice to see this gem back! :D))

Well, they don't still notice me...And strangely, this thing looks like it can take more damage from any techniques involving the martial palm.

Wait a minute.

Ire glanced around at the others, still at her respective position before taking a short breath and unleashing hell using Palm Strike at the statue! Preferably with both hands since there are two chasers. :P

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: October 19, 2012, 06:48:39 am »

((I hate to say it, but I think you might still be counting my now-dusted floor tile armor. :<))

Arianna gave another cough. She appreciated Azastre's help, but that had been a decidedly undignified series of events. Proceeding as normal from the cham floor, she supposed.

Now, as for these rogues...

...actually, she supposed she needed a bit of breathing room.

Scurry away! Induce lucid healing if possible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: October 19, 2012, 11:49:53 pm »

Kahn decided to try using his other hex to make his appearance that of an orangutan. Maybe he could trick the monster into thinking he was harmless and just climb up it to the stairs.

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: October 20, 2012, 12:00:20 am »

Azastre decides that the monk must be taken down through moderate violence lest he becomes a problem. Without trying to kill the poor man, of course.

Azastre tries heal Arianna and then attack the monk with the +4 Acceleration Gloves.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 152