Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271343 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 13—The Grim Witch
« Reply #1605 on: October 06, 2012, 07:42:27 pm »

Kahn tried to take the cloth. If nothing happened upon taking it, he immediately attempted to fashion it into a hooded cloak.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 15 — Nonpossession
« Reply #1606 on: October 06, 2012, 08:21:41 pm »

Shadow looked at the woman with a quick questioning glance before replying,

"I'd expect it was obvious what I planned to do as I said it out loud as I struck her down, she committed crimes against those people, and I simple acted as the executioner for those crimes. If you want a tangible reason look at all the people controlled by the power she put into the cham, look at the people she held prisoner, I could stand by no longer and watch her commit those acts."

"But does it really matter, even if I had not struck her down once you guys managed to find out what she was doing, if you did that, then your reaction would be the same. Why would I standby and let her do those crimes you would ask, or you would blame me just as equally for those crimes which I will not deny I am for watching it happen without interfering."

With that he turned away from her, and walked up to take the ring just as Kahn began to take the cloth.

Take the ring from the statue.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: October 06, 2012, 08:24:36 pm »

Arianna twitched and let out an irritated snort again. This was not becoming of a death knight!

"That... didn't seem to work. Do you know what the problem could be?" she asked Popo, hoping she had a backup answer. "And for that matter, have you learned more about the properties of this cham?"

Diplomacy Popo. Train Swords while waiting.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: October 06, 2012, 08:39:00 pm »

"[...]Why would I standby and let her do those crimes you would ask, or you would blame me just as equally for those crimes which I will not deny I am for watching it happen without interfering."
Ire lost her words for a suitable reply. Sure, she could've said something that would help her case, or take back any misinterpretations of what she said, but the fact that she constantly failed at these efforts daunted any action to reconcile it.

Without a reply, she turned back to facing Juha, trying to ignore her guilt from the looks Azastre gave her. It wasn't helping in the least.

"Juha, please don't cry. I didn't mean to hurt you at all. It was the cham!" she said, trying to uphold her mask of stoicism while holding back tears from everything else that happened.

They all were thinking she was a monster...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1609 on: October 07, 2012, 03:56:31 am »

Ire

2 apologizes, but she looks at Ire with flat eyes, neither accepting nor refusing.

5 "You could start by punching yourself in the face once," she offers innocently. Juha ignores what Ire said.

Yes, yum, potion.

Azastre 6->4 somehow makes Bremen wake up. 4 "I'm just a muggle," he says, rubbing his sore neck and looking dazed. "I don't know anything about magic."

Juha smiles at Azastre, a small smile, and rubs her eyes. She gets up.

Kahn 6->2 2 finds that the cloth is either part of the statue, or very tightly gripped. It doesn't budge.

Shadow simultaneously takes the bracelet 6->1 and manages to squeeze it out of the statue's grasp. One unidentified bracelet obtained.

A deep, deep rumble shakes the floor. The statue makes a grinding noise, and its eyes open. It looks at Shadow.

Arianna 2 hugs Popo and prances away, singing about rainbows, magic, and unicorns.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: October 07, 2012, 04:05:02 am »

Arianna grit her teeth. This was what she got for eating enchanted mystery fruit.

Ask Popo about an antidote again. Apologize for losing mind repeatedly.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: October 07, 2012, 04:18:18 am »

Right...

Punch myself in the face. A befitting punishment for me.

Ire slunk away from the pair, ashamed of who she was and from the effects of whatever happened. Juha's words echoed in her mind as she tried to comprehend it's obvious meaning. Did the girl hate her? It seemed like it, based on the look she gave. Whatever other meaning was drowned by emotions of despondency.

"I've had enough." she said as she leaned on the stairway wall, noticing nobody nearby to hear her. "I was taught to be a fighter, and not a peacemaker. I can't do anything that would help people without hurting others. I can't even help a small girl," the image of Azastre popped into her mind, "and yet others have that simple charm..."

The boy, the Knight, the gunner and the blackguard. All good people who were able to succeed in their path. Shadow and the other-person-who-I-didn't-talk-to-much, also played important roles in the journey up the tower.

And me? All I did was scum it up. Knocking out someone that may be useful, hurting and nearly killing young girls, having ominous thoughts towards others and I just had to burn the rope. I didn't even heal that Zalgo, leaving him there for Azastre to take care of! I can't make anything useful but this candy cannon. This chaser doesn't even look right! And most other things I currently have are from others who are too good for their own sakes!

All my life, I wanted- no, desired to become better. Better than just a rough-housing fighter of whatever 'law' stood but even after fourteen cursed floors, yet I can't even save a soul.

Ire, you idiot. Why can't you control your emotions more- like Sir Kahn! Or- or that Arianna fellow! Popo and Gretel may seem to like you, but perhaps that's because you just asked the right things for them. Focus, girl!

"Bah," she said, gripping her spear with renewed fervor while wiping off the new wave of tears forming. "if I'm going to be a monster to my friends, then I might as well be one to my enemies."

Casting one glance back at the rest, and whatever commotion was going on with Lotusia and her wounds, Ire decided to head up to the next floor in Stealth and examine the floor, including any gems that are within it if any, at a close range. Perhaps sic'ing her chaser on one of them.

And stay away from the entrance to the next floor.

Please give me enemies...

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 04:23:25 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 13—The Grim Witch
« Reply #1612 on: October 07, 2012, 04:21:05 am »

Kahn studied the statue's movements for now, trying to find a weak point or similar.

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: October 07, 2012, 11:52:25 am »

Rod suddenly feels like he has forgotten something. He runs back downstairs and asks for (and drinks) a dose of the antidote.

((I honestly considered not taking it. That would have been rather amusing.))

Spoiler: Rod Manly (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 14 — The Musicians of Bremen
« Reply #1614 on: October 07, 2012, 12:39:28 pm »

"I'm headed upstairs. Gonna look around."
Combine the cham seed with the +5 stainless Steel bullet. Try to get a bullet which either charms the foe, or drains their will to fight. Then, up the stairs!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: October 07, 2012, 12:44:52 pm »

Encrust wand with diamonds.

Spoiler: Jack Dendy (click to show/hide)
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: October 07, 2012, 12:53:15 pm »

Azastre notices Ire is acting sad, and upon noticing no one is trying to console her, decides to do it. She has been acting a little out of his mind, but the only reason he was surprised is exactly because he has always seen her as a nice person, therefore if she is sad and dejected, it probably means she is back to her normal, non-violent and kind self.

The boy smiles a bit and moves over to console Ire, giving her a loong friendly hug - not too tight, he still remembers Arianna attacking him - before parting to meet Popo and Gretel.

Azastre checks on Popo, Gretel and Juha then moves on to training Acrobatics.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: October 07, 2012, 01:59:40 pm »

"Of course, this is just my luck ..." Shadow mumbled as he stepped back a little ways from the statue and put the bracelet onto his wrist before going to grasp the hilt of his sword.

Put the unidentified bracelet on, and get ready in case the statue decides to attack me.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1618 on: October 10, 2012, 09:05:45 am »

Arianna 3 asks Popo, but she shakes her head and says that that is the best she can do right now.

1 Though you apologize, Popo replies with a stock phrase and sorta wanders off to the stairs, Gretel following her like an overprotective tiger.

Ire 1 makes lots of loud noises and is pretty obvious as she goes up the stairs into Floor Fifteen.

2 She thinks that the gems are pretty, but can't positively identify them. On the other hand, she can tell that they aren't cheap gems like opal or cubic or quartz.

The stairs are in the center of the room, hanging above the statue's head, so she doesn't have problem staying away.

Kahn 1 cannot tell anything about the statue. Really, it's made of solid minerals. It probably doesn't have easy squishy spots on its body like humans do.

Rod 4 hurries downstairs and gulps down the potion. He feels better now.

Ace 1 smacks the bullet and the seed together, hoping !!MAGIC!! happens. Sadly, it doesn't.

UP DAH STAIRS!

Jack 2 gives his wand a purely aesthetic decoration of diamonds!

He now has a +3 Exceptionally Accurate Topaz and Diamond Encrusted Mithril Wand.

Azastre checks on Popo and Gretel, who are both heading upstairs, then trains Acrobatics, tumbling and caterwheeling around.

1,4,1=0 pt

Shadow 5 safely puts on the bracelet, which has no effect whatsoever. No, really.

3 The statue says, "YOU GREEDY PIG, THOU SHALT SUFFER IN THE STEW OF THY GREED!"

Two of its four hands assume a standard boxing ready stance.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: October 10, 2012, 11:25:26 am »

Azastre moves upstairs alongside Popo, feeling slightly defeated but swearing he'll come back one day to save all the people trapped into the lotus machine. Ascending the stairs, his eyes sparkle as he sees the gems nearby. So much time without any gems or similar objects...He is lacking in both dust for his rounds and crystals to enhance his rifle's telescopic sights.

Azastre tries to obtain them gems. A lot of them, requiring the robot's help for it.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 152