Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Roll to Summon Demons Turn 2: I, for one, welcome our demon overlords  (Read 10344 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Summon Demons Turn 1: A mess, research and gems
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2012, 12:21:40 pm »

Sigh. Great, that gives me an even harder time. Thanks for the help, though.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2012, 12:22:16 pm »

Oh, good of you to mention that, i feared that i wasn`t being clear enough in the OP. Enchanting is just like summoning a demon except that you directly summon him into an object, telling him what he is supposed to do in the process. You don`t have to make two summonings for enchanting. ;)
But the success of that ritual depends on Enchanting and not Summoning, correct?

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2012, 12:24:51 pm »

Yes, it depends on enchanting.

Mayhaps it could be possible to order an already summoned demon to "go" into a item.. Though, we`ll see.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2012, 12:29:43 pm »

It would be more interesting for people with enchanting. Even if the process of putting a summoned demon into an item was limited to being performed on pentacles, it would still be a little more useful, especially because you would have enough time to convince the poor bastard.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:34:00 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2012, 12:35:15 pm »

If it will be allowed it would take two turns at least, though. (One for summoning him, one for enchanting) so good summoners wouldn`t have to great of an advantage.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2012, 12:37:03 pm »

Yep, I was thinking about a similar system. Also, good summoning does not mean obedient partners, does it?
Edit: Is the missing post Spinal_Taper's?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:51:09 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2012, 01:48:12 pm »

And adwarf needs to redo his action.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2012, 01:51:50 pm »

His last modification of his post was around 1 PM, after you had already explained the glyph's problem to him. Which is confusing.
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2012, 02:41:17 pm »

And adwarf needs to redo his action.
Whats wrong with it? I said to draw a new pentagram made of geometric symbols

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2012, 03:16:08 pm »

Ah, you want to make two new ones? Because adding something to already existing ones, even if you draw around them, isn`t allowed. (Or at least won`t work.) Such a pentacle is a complex thing.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2012, 03:22:26 pm »

So Lordinquisitor, for how much more time are you staying around? (I was hoping for another turn today.)
>Yes?

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2012, 03:25:07 pm »

Still need one action. Have rolled up the other roll results already. Well, in germany it`s getting late now- So no turn today i guess. But might just post it tomorrow late afternoon/early evening.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2012, 04:46:19 pm »

Now... I should probably research my enemy before trying to force into something.Go to the library and research ghouls and imps, looking for any with attacking or defensive powers.

Also, may I PM the OP for covert actions? Sorry for holding everything up.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 05:10:18 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2012, 01:21:23 pm »

Yes, covert actions are possible. ;)

Turn 2: I, for one, welcome our demon overlords

Edarath Valion

Action: Search the Library on Elementals, preferably those on the Fire element.

Result: Realizing that your old tome doesn`t concern itself with the summoning of interesting demons you go to the library in search for a tome on elementals. The mess caused by your fellow wizard has been cleaned- The servants of lord Felsenstein really pay attention. Apparently the former court mage wasn`t interested in elementals for you find only one book that concerns itself with them. [Roll:4] You open a chapter that lists some fire elementals and you find the following:

Banrr: A fire elemental of moderate strength. Even less intelligent than normal elementals but pretty obedient.
Mosew'nd: An unusually intelligent fire demon of  average strength.
Hin'hat'iash: A strong fire elemental. Caused some wildfires on the occasions he was summoned.

Narvendar Wėrtel

Action:
Use the pre-existing pentacles to summon Kemukira. If successful, check for his friendliness.

Result: Now it`s the time to get something done. You have studied the nature, the various names and the powers of the ghouls and have decided to summon Kemukira. You put everything in place- You light the right candles, you burn the right herbs on a brazier and you prepare the necessary spell- An old latin one. Your mind fixed to the task you enter the pentacle and start to recite the spell- It takes only around five minutes, but it taxes your concentration heavily. And then.. The pentacle glows softly, the stench of sulphur and rot fills the room and Kemukira appears. [Roll:5]

The Demon looks exactly like you. He even wears the same clothes- But they are slashed, ruined and soiled with blood and excrement.. His body appears to be rotten and dead, a grizzly wound mars his chest. Within a rotten black heart can be seen. Graveworms wiggle around in empty eye sockets.

"How may i serve?" Kemukira asks, his voice sounding like a death rattle. Graveworms drop to the floor only to burrow themselves again into the soft flesh of his feet. Well, how does one exactly check for a demons friendliness? You have learned that no demon should ever be trusted.

Klaus Strickmann

Action: Go upstairs to my room and practice, practice, practice the binding of Fisrusk.

Result: You prepare the binding of Fisrusk. It takes several hours but you are now confident that you will be able to summon him.

Ander Flasko

Action: Make two new pentagrams out of random Geometric symbols in a pattern. If I get lucky they should work as glyphs.

Result: You draw two new pentacles [Roll result: Hidden]- You even try to improvise glyphs, by drawing combinations of neat geometric figures. You don`t know whether those will work- But it looks pretty. [Roll result: Hidden[

Conchobar Abrazand

Action:
Head back to the castle, stopping by the library to learn the names of a few demons, then get to work fashioning a bone amulet in the shape of a cyclopean skull, with teeth of quartz and a single ruby eye.

Result:
After the generosity of the townspeople luck smiles upon you once again! While searching for the names of demons you stumble over an old book- Seemingly untouched for years, but containing much information. [Roll: 6] You mark some demons that seem to be a good choice. Back in your room you try to craft a cyclopean skull out of the bones and your ruby, surely it will be a masterwork! [Roll: 2] But fail. You find absolutely no way to fix the bones together. Your failure irritates you-  Anger Roll [1] and in your fury you smash the bones against the wall, destroying them!

Demons:

Devoraw: A strong Ghoul. He is a bad shapeshifter- But is adept at using curses that cause sickness.
Ackiard:  A Imp. Pretty obedient.
Ightatem: Another Imp. This one can even cast weak fire magic, but is especially mischievous.
Awsamest: A Gargoyle. He is a good fighter, but pretty dumb.
Or'it: A weak cockatrice. It likes to twist the words of it`s summoner even more so than usual.

Renzo Pagliacci

Action: Go to the library and research ghouls and imps, looking for any with attacking or defensive powers.

Result: The good books seem to be already taken- But you manage to find some ghouls with offensive or defensive powers- No Imps, those are too weak. [Roll: 4]

Echelt'l: A strong ghoul who can cast a reliable shielding spell.
Qual: A ghoul with bad fighting abilities; But he can cast some offensive spells.
Shoen: A weak ghoul. He has some anger issues, but can cast some disabling spells.

The player list:

adwarf
Spoiler: Ander Flasko (click to show/hide)

Sinpwn
Spoiler: Conchobar Abrazand (click to show/hide)

HmH
Spoiler: Klaus Strickmann (click to show/hide)

Caellath
Spoiler: Narvendar Wėrtel (click to show/hide)

Tiruin
Spoiler: Edarath Valion. (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper
Spoiler: Renzo Pagliacci (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:27:51 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2012, 01:32:42 pm »

((I have two hands.

On one hand, I am an overly-ambitious mage.

On the other, it is restricted to RP'ing.

My decision: Ignore that, I have two hands!))

Edarath paced around the room, crossing through the old pentacles and occasionally staring out the arched window provided by his bedside. The landscape was beautiful, and fire would destroy it.

Unless, he chose the weaker ones. Pretty much, this did beat imps and ghouls, and an obedient elemental would be wise. But that did not symbolize who he knew he was: his passion and his determination to prove himself. He mused on the fact that he would order the spirit later on. They could become close friends, if given the chance, but obviously the will of a being should be as free as always.

Freedom.

The sun was setting, or rising. He didn't pay much attention to it as he perused the tome once more. Intelligence could mean two things: One was, the spirit would try to do the obvious; find loopholes. The other would be that he may relate with the spirit, but he was just mortal, how could he actually believe that he could work in tandem with a being not of this world? He was only human! A mere organic being!

But, Edarath was a Wizard.

PM
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7