Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: Let's Play: X-COM! ULTRAWUSS MODE! [Update 11: Rainbow Nation]  (Read 43423 times)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: X-COM! ULTRAWUSS MODE! [Update 8: Wartorn]
« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2012, 09:30:59 am »

I'm also suddenly curious about those LPs. Did you come in late or just make it all the way through as a godlike being of supreme power? Do you have links or names?

I remember at least one or two X-COM LP's dying halfway through (can't remember if GG had any characters in those though).

So McCannonFodder is what, a captain now? Are you aware that the death of a such high ranking member might very easily cause a few jumpy recruits to go apeshit insane on a mission? Not that that's going to be a problem as long as you keep CannonFodder alive, but it's a good thing to know.

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes paperclips for their attachments ಥ‿ಥ
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2012, 11:07:10 am »

I'm also suddenly curious about those LPs. Did you come in late or just make it all the way through as a godlike being of supreme power? Do you have links or names?

I remember at least one or two X-COM LP's dying halfway through (can't remember if GG had any characters in those though).

So McCannonFodder is what, a captain now? Are you aware that the death of a such high ranking member might very easily cause a few jumpy recruits to go apeshit insane on a mission? Not that that's going to be a problem as long as you keep CannonFodder alive, but it's a good thing to know.

I mentioned that earlier in the thread so he should know by now. Come comrade, let use ride on the circular alien discs and drink heartly for our fallen comrades!
"He's blind, but he was still able to find the way to the hospital, he vomits, and his lungs are going numb. So what? I don't get why you always want a diagnosis even though they're all doomed. Even a kitten can see it. He got sprayed by a monster's bodily fluids, that should be enough diagnosis. There, he has lupus. Happy? He's going to die. Like everyone else. I know it because I'm better than all of you, because I know how to use a goddamn crutch. Where the hell did you put the sunshine?" ಠ_ಠ

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2012, 01:33:37 pm »

MY last one was the first completion - The X-Com: Apocalypse Game (which is admittedly a bit easier to survive through all the way).

The other two died before I could. :P

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2012, 01:37:58 pm »

I've signed up for three X-COM lp's, but this is the only one that didn't die shortly after I signed up and before I could see any action. So I guess I've technically survived two games so far :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2012, 04:04:19 pm »

MY last one was the first completion - The X-Com: Apocalypse Game (which is admittedly a bit easier to survive through all the way).

The other two died before I could. :P

In that one, I died again and again and again, sort of the opposite of this one.  Seriously, how am I still alive?

And the rest died before halfway.  X-COM LP's live about as long as X-COM recruits.  Here's hoping this one reaches completion!  For the Fortress!

REQUEST: I WISH TO RIDE A CYBERDISC...

Urist also seconds comrade Monkeyhead's idea.

Dr. Euchre would gladly be willing to head a research team with a large grant until this goal is achieved.  It would truly be glorious!

[As a aside, since Monkeyhead is a war robot, and cyberdiscs are alien hover robots, would the Hovertanks qualify as Monkeyhead riding a Cyberdisc?  I'd say so.]

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2012, 04:25:59 pm »

I've been lurking this thread for a while now, and since so many operatives have been killed I figure that you might want some fresh meat men meat.

Spoiler: Duncan MacGraeme (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2012, 06:56:10 pm »

In that one, I died again and again and again, sort of the opposite of this one.  Seriously, how am I still alive?
You keep hanging in back on support duty, a lot like Stone Cold.

I'm gonna have to fix this. :P

[As a aside, since Monkeyhead is a war robot, and cyberdiscs are alien hover robots, would the Hovertanks qualify as Monkeyhead riding a Cyberdisc?  I'd say so.]
...huh. I hadn't thought of that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2012, 07:39:27 pm »

Yeah, I'll opt for more frontline duty this time around. Everyone else was hogging all the kills! until they all died...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2012, 07:57:22 pm »

: I also volunteer for more front-line duty! I may technically be outside the chain of command, but being labeled a "rookie" is an offense to the uniform!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 02, 2012, 01:44:42 pm »

You keep hanging in back on support duty, a lot like Stone Cold.

I'm gonna have to fix this. :P

: No, no, no, no, no!  I specifically requested hanging back for support duty!  :'(

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 02, 2012, 03:30:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 02, 2012, 03:36:50 pm »

Kilroy gains 40 gajillion internets for reminding me of that episode of Dexter's Laboratory. :D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes paperclips for their attachments ಥ‿ಥ
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 02, 2012, 04:13:15 pm »

Indeed, you have made my day comrade Killroy. :D
"He's blind, but he was still able to find the way to the hospital, he vomits, and his lungs are going numb. So what? I don't get why you always want a diagnosis even though they're all doomed. Even a kitten can see it. He got sprayed by a monster's bodily fluids, that should be enough diagnosis. There, he has lupus. Happy? He's going to die. Like everyone else. I know it because I'm better than all of you, because I know how to use a goddamn crutch. Where the hell did you put the sunshine?" ಠ_ಠ

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 02, 2012, 04:14:09 pm »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 02, 2012, 09:40:26 pm »

I'll join!