Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Let's Play: X-COM! ULTRAWUSS MODE! [Update 11: Rainbow Nation]  (Read 43394 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: X-COM! ULTRAWUSS MODE! [Update 11: Rainbow Nation]
« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2012, 08:40:38 am »

Yeah, capture missions are fine. Even if we have a 99.7% chance of dying horribly, if we don't, we'll be awesome. Plus, horrible deaths. And I'd rather do that than submit a character request (possibly full of not-so-subtle hints about giving my character special preferance, the best gear, putting them in safe positions, etc.) that'll take a while to go through and then die the very first mission.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 10, 2012, 03:03:17 pm »

COMMANDER, I HAVE A COMRADE DROID WHO FAILED BASIC ASSESSMENT WHO WOULD BE WELL SUITED TO CAPTURE MISSIONS. HE MIGHT BE DEFECTIVE, BUT APPARENTLY YOU HUMANS FIND HIS ANTICS FUNNY...

KB-D rrreeeePPPooorTiiinG for CAptuuurrre dUUUty SiiRRr!
This is a blank sig.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 10, 2012, 03:32:38 pm »

From my brief view of the first post, it appears only Mephansteras is before our mook volunteers.

Apologies if I missed someone.

From what I can tell, Mephansteras would do well as Mr. Red, provided Mr. Red is used as more of a scout than a suicidal capture squad member.  Mr. Red has good TUs, and the reaction stat is almost where it was requested.  It'd sure be convenient if Mephansteras posted something about this.

I'm sure we have a spare laser pistol for the capture squad if Mephansteras is interested in joining us.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 10, 2012, 03:43:50 pm »

First post is horribly out of date. Maxclone II should be after Meph, then 3-4 other people (I think).

Also, giving special privileges and lethal weaponry to capture squad members kind of defeats the purpose of a capture squad. I might as well tack on two expendable rookie mooks to the regular squad at that point.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 10, 2012, 03:56:17 pm »

I'm ok waiting for a suitable Main squad member posting, rather than taking on one of the mooks.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 10, 2012, 06:23:44 pm »

MaxcloneII is ready and waiting in the mess hall, drinking as many energy drinks as humanly possible and making coffee creamer explosives. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 10, 2012, 09:20:02 pm »

As I said, completely untrustworthy.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 11, 2012, 12:18:34 am »

First post is horribly out of date. Maxclone II should be after Meph, then 3-4 other people (I think).

Also, giving special privileges and lethal weaponry to capture squad members kind of defeats the purpose of a capture squad. I might as well tack on two expendable rookie mooks to the regular squad at that point.

Ah, the tragedy of not enough X-Com deaths.  I'm ready to command the capture squad, whomever those doomed souls should be.  Survivors that develop into decent soldiers can be renamed and entered into the main squad as named members, I guess.

Capture squad can win any battle, regardless of equipment! And as long as successfully fleeing with Commander Euchre alive counts as wining, which I certainly do!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 11, 2012, 01:16:23 am »

If you need someone to expedite cleanup on capture missions, Maxclone will happily tag along. Hey, you only need one alive, right? After that, HE auto-spam to quickly finish the mission!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 11, 2012, 04:40:40 am »

I get the feeling some of you just want to tag along on the easy missions. :P

Which, strictly speaking, probably would be a valid strategy, since experience gained clubbing mooks is experience that helps against nightmares swarming out of the darkness. I think Euchre and Bane want something to brutalize in between missions, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 11, 2012, 05:45:29 am »

: Have you been peeking at my plans for the Premium Alien Interrogation and Neutralization chamber?  Those were suppose to be a surprise!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]