Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: New version out!  (Read 21648 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: New version out!
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2012, 05:57:59 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.msg3123176#msg3123176

The autoupdater isn't up to date yet, this is how I got mine working until the updater is up to speed.

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2012, 06:30:29 pm »

DFHack is version specific.  You need to wait for the people making it to update it to the new version, which apparently takes time due to the way DF works.

daishi5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2012, 08:19:04 pm »

I am currently training an eagle and a rattlesnake, but I have 10 unicorns that I can't seem to tame or train.  Does anyone know if I can eventually tame them somehow for a self sustaining unicorn leather industry?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2012, 08:22:34 pm »

Unicorns lack PET and also lack PET_EXOTIC so they cannot be tamed without modding.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2012, 08:40:16 pm »

I am currently training an eagle and a rattlesnake, but I have 10 unicorns that I can't seem to tame or train.  Does anyone know if I can eventually tame them somehow for a self sustaining unicorn leather industry?

Sadly not, but if I may make a suggestion?

Gem encrusted bolts made from the incredibly valuable bones of unicorns are a great way to flaunt your affluence. The kobolds you stick them in will be very pleased to know that they died rich.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 08:46:11 pm by KodKod »
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2012, 08:45:05 pm »

I noticed that Toady finally fixed it so dwarves can pick up their owned clothes.  No more forts of naked raving psychopaths.  I'm actually a little sad about that :-\

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2012, 08:49:40 pm »

Now if only the bearded psychos would pick up their clothes and put them in the cabinets I provided, instead of stripping nekked in front of all creation and leaving their clothes all over the embark....

Turns out I needed all that absurd brown recue spider silk.  They all dove headfirst into the clothiers shop when I started spamming clothes manufacture.

Still have 500+ brown recluse silk though. 

badwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2012, 09:17:11 pm »

Hey, I generated a new large world for this new patch. Unfortunately I'm having a small problem. Anyone having trouble with the mining labor in the new version? I thought it would be worth asking here, since I haven't ever had this issue at all until 34.06...

I have a spare pick in a stockpile, but I cannot get anyone to take it and start mining. I've successfully dumped and reclaimed it, made sure it's not forbidden, given the labor to all 20 of my dwarves in this fortress (both individually and all at once, both through the in-game labor assignment and Dwarf Therapist), and moved the stockpile around. I already have one miner who has no trouble mining, so I think I've covered any common issue. I can't even get the original miner to handle the pick and mine again.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2012, 09:18:51 pm »

Assign your mining, woodcutting, and hunting labors via DF, Therapist currently doesn't agree with the "invisible uniform" part just yet.

daishi5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2012, 09:19:42 pm »

Sadly not, but if I may make a suggestion?

Gem encrusted bolts made from the incredibly valuable bones of unicorns are a great way to flaunt your affluence. The kobolds you stick them in will be very pleased to know that they died rich.

Sadly my forts often live long enough for me to run out of unicorns.  I need to do a bit of modding it seems. 

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2012, 09:24:19 pm »

Sadly my forts often live long enough for me to run out of unicorns.  I need to do a bit of modding it seems.

I'm not sure... unicorn genocide seems like it would be pleasing to Armok.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

badwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2012, 09:27:09 pm »

Assign your mining, woodcutting, and hunting labors via DF, Therapist currently doesn't agree with the "invisible uniform" part just yet.

Well I've already tried it through DF and it never worked. Speaking of uniforms, I've never tried equipping someone with a pick via military. Is that a possible solution? Draft someone into the military, give them a uniform with a pickaxe if it's doable, remove him from the army with mining labor.

Edit: He wouldn't grab the pick from the bin and train with it. I'm going to create a new pick real quick, and assume something's wrong with the pick, since I haven't seen anyone else complain about this...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:33:54 pm by badwin »

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2012, 09:31:05 pm »

Well, I moved my current fort over to the new version, and it's had an interesting effect:
ALL THE CHILDREN ARE INSANE!
EVERY.  SINGLE.  ONE.  (nah, it's actually just ten or so of them)

They all suddenly realized they were naked, and sunk into depression.  I've already lost two to berserk rages (the children went berserk, my military put them down), but I did at least get a macabre mood (that's the one where they're "brooding darkly," right?) out of it.  Plus, I was beginning to worry about overpopulation, and now I don't have to.  Everybody (by which I mean me) wins!
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2012, 09:33:12 pm »

I like to think that the moment the patch was used, every dwarf had a collective realization that they were naked and needed to do something about it post-haste.  Of course, this means if an insane dwarf runs naked through the fortress it'll upset the others even more. It's a win-win situation!

lemmily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BatFinchBears
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2012, 09:33:27 pm »

Well I've already tried it through DF and it never worked. Speaking of uniforms, I've never tried equipping someone with a pick via military. Is that a possible solution? Draft someone into the military, give them a uniform with a pickaxe if it's doable, remove him from the army with mining labor.

I had this issue, I'd assigned someone via DF but unassigned him via DT (I noticed DT had been patched and then migrant wave with miner) and the first dwarf never put the pick down, so I just turned the miner job back on and back off for him in DF and he put the thing down
I make furry things - BatFinch Bears
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7