Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177381 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (sometimes it even updates)
« Reply #1260 on: November 18, 2012, 02:39:20 am »

((@Cael: I'm not sure if that actually happened, or it was a plot contrivance so I can disappear from Bay12 :P
Also, I'm hoping to fall unconscious here, but it's honestly up to Remalle what happens or if I can eva return.))

Shot by one of my own men. That Figures. Didn't Custer die like this? All that was left of his army was horse. At least I won my last battle. I think.

Hmm. Can't move my legs. Bleeding pretty badly. Going into shock. Oddly, don't feel panicked. Sort of peaceful. Is this death? I suppose it's not too bad. Doesn't feel like dying, but how would I know? No...it feels like changing.

Hey Ma, look at me now. I went from an overqualified advertising exec to a superhero, and all I got was shot in the back. Ha ha.

Ires. I should have told her I loved her more often. She's so beautiful. Beautiful as the rising sun. Pretty little white snowflakes speckled in her dark hair, just like stars in the night sky they are, and I softly run my hand through to knock them away because she likes me to do that, to touch her that way, very gentle but not too much. Now we're cutting sliding dancing over the ice like the world is empty but for us, and we're balancing each other, laughing, being close, being one. Her eyes, Oh God, the way they shift and sparkle in the light, the colors of the Mediterranean sea. A riot of color, bursting orange and blue and red and green and I just want to take that scarf off, and kiss her neck, she likes that, I like that, I like everything about her and why did I wait so long to say hello...I'd like to get to know you better, Ms. Reon.

Time.

Time...

.Ti..

m...

[Dwamin has left the game]
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 18, 2012, 03:05:32 am »

No, I didn't fudge the rolls, though I did keep in mind that you'll be leaving when writing the turn.  I'll let you slip into a coma so you can return when you can, ok?  Have fun, I'll miss you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 18, 2012, 04:03:06 am »

((Your post drove me to tears Dwarmin... =) I'll...post later on. Just busy.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 18, 2012, 04:05:17 am »

(We'll all miss you, D. :-\)

Jenny grabbed Desmond and found a place to hide - since all the gunmen were down - and decloaked so she could release the excess build-up. And while she was doing that she looked for a way to try to at least stop the bleeding.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: November 18, 2012, 04:42:44 am »

"DESMOND!"

Ires could feel as if the beam had shot her instead, creating a void in her chest that emptied into nothingness - it was as if she had lost the will to fight, seeing one of her partners go off and kill another. Leaving him crippled and most likely, dead in this situation.

Recover from depression and demoralization.

If recovered, fire like hell onto the enemy - include a flashbang for good measure. Doesn't matter who gets hit.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 18, 2012, 04:50:42 am »

((Thanks everyone. And hey, at least I'm going out with style. :) ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 18, 2012, 05:40:21 am »

Lisa's heart skipped a beat when she heard Ires scream. Her tone told her, without her even having to see it, that it was bad. She needed to get there quickly and hopefully save his life in time.

"Shit! I'll be right there! Try to stop the bleeding as best you can!"

Tackle the douche running near me if I can, and flash-drain him dry. Then get over to Desmond quickly and use my kit to stop the bleeding as best I can. Then give him the good stuff, trying to focus the energy straight into the wound itself with my power.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 18, 2012, 11:40:23 am »

((My bad, Dwarmin. Remalle decided to tack a [-1] penalty on my first shot for whatever reason, so please don't hate on me. :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 18, 2012, 01:41:12 pm »

You got a 7 (+2 from your robotics ability applied to a gun.  It just works, ok?) on the roll to repair your gun, resulting in you overcharging it, unleashing one powerful, undirected shot that destroyed the gun again after.  Then you rolled a 1 (modified +1 by your rifle skill, -1 from the aforementioned uncontrollable shot thing) on the roll to shoot, and Desmond was in the direction you were firing, so... yeah.  Blame the dice :P

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn One Hundred Twenty-Six! In which a hero falls.
« Reply #1269 on: November 25, 2012, 12:16:37 am »

One hundred and twenty-sixth turn.  So sorry to see you go, Dwarmin.

Agent Fortmüller shrugs and charges forward, [4] straight into the chest of the enemy, (2) who takes a step backward, loses his footing and falls on his back.  (1) The pilot tries to get back to his feet quickly, but he's not fast enough, [3+1] leaving an opening for Nicholas to punch him in the stomach a few times.
Agent Green has just a single word, a name, on his lips as he collapses.  A pool of blood spreads from his arm as he falls into black unconsciousness.
Agent Maxwell grabs Desmond's body and drags him off of the street, uncloaking once she judges them to be safe from observation.  [6-1] Despite having no actual idea what she's doing, years of watching medical dramas on television have taught Jenny to tear off a strip of material from her suit and wrap it above the wound, tying it tight to prevent Desmond from bleeding out for the moment.

Agent Reon screams and begins firing at random onto the street, starting with a flashbang [6] that stuns Nicholas and his foe, then a barrage of arrows, [6+1] [5+1-1] [1+1-2] which strike Nicholas' armoured opponent through the eye, the man in black running past Lisa through the heart, and Nicholas in the back.  The arrow penetrates Nicholas' armour [2] but no farther.

Agent Conners moves to take down the man running past her but before she can catch up an arrow passes through his heart and he falls.  Turning around, Lisa dashes back to Jenny and Desmond, [3] using her first aid kit and training to clean the wound and stem the bleeding some more, then giving him a shot of her vital energy.  [2+1] The healing boost doesn't really seem to help that much, but at least Desmond's not in immediate danger of death any more, and the wound looks a little better.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Desmond Green - almost as dead as the update pace)
« Reply #1270 on: November 25, 2012, 02:38:27 am »

Jenny decloaked so Lisa could see her. "Lise? What should we do, I mean, he's bleeding all over the place and he really needs a hospital but I don't know if it's safe to move him and, um..." she trailed off, not sure if she was helping the situation any. "Um, can you continue to take care of him while I contact the Agency?" Without waiting for an answer, she got out her cell phone and made the call to let them know they needed a medical unit out here immediately.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 25, 2012, 07:54:01 am »

Lisa wiped a bit of sweat out of her eye and looked at Jenny.

"He's lucky he didn't loose his arm, he must have absorbed the majority of the energy from the shot, but to be honest I'm more concerned about the shock of it might do to him. He should be fine to move, it's not vital like a gut shot or anything, but he needs better help than my first aid training and kit can provide. A hospital and proper doctor would be good, but I'll need to go with him to make sure he's stable and keeps his identity secret from the doctors, just in case."

Keep pushing more energy into the wound at a nice stable rate, I've got to stop the bleeding!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 25, 2012, 01:00:20 pm »

((@Remalle: I know that was your GM fiat way of taking Desmond out of the team since Dwarmin is going to be away from the forums for some time, but let's be sincere. It was terrible. :V

Also, even longbows can't penetrate medieval plate armor. That was an arrow versus modern powered armor. Did Not Do The Research.))

Nicholas grunted in annoyance and turned to Ires' general direction.
"Ires, Desmond ran towards the man I was firing at and got hit both due to his own lack of planning and a freak case of malfunction from my weapon. It is like someone else has altered it for their own means, because it is simply absurd that it worked the way it did."

He breaks the arrow off from his armor's back and breaks it in fine pieces. "Now listen. Desmond will live, so stop panicking and shooting at random like you are insane, or you'll be a threat to the team. If this arrow had hit someone from the team other than me, it would probably have killed them. Calm. down."

Call for the Agency for medical help, and if that fails, get Desmond and take him to a nearby hospital.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 25, 2012, 01:13:18 pm »

Also, even longbows can't penetrate medieval plate armor. That was an arrow versus modern powered armor. Did Not Do The Research.))
Are you sure about that?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 25, 2012, 01:39:35 pm »

Are you sure about that?
((Studies and tests proved that longbows and early firearms, were unable to penetrate medieval full plate armor. They usually only punched through badly made armor, and the efficience of armor in stopping even shots fired from firearms is what made officers and generals in early modern battlefields still wear at least steel breastplates or half-plates to protect their vitals.

Armor in the early modern era was proven to be resilient enough by firing a round at short, if not point-blank, range at a specific part which was then displayed proudly as part of the armor. That piece of metal was called "proof". In short, arrows (yep, not even bodkin tips) couldn't penetrate armor unless it was badly constructed or cheap. Usually, archers managed to kill knights during the golden age of knighthood by sheer number of volleys and amount of arrows, which tended to take down their horses and occasionally hit any weak spots the armor could have, if any.))
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 01:41:21 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86