Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177386 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (sometimes it even updates)
« Reply #1230 on: October 29, 2012, 02:01:39 pm »

"Uh, put down your weapons!" Agent Green said.

Usually they were usefully firing round after round at him by now...

Action: Order them to drop their weapons, or just disarm them
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: October 29, 2012, 02:13:07 pm »

Not Desmond. They won't hurt him while I can fight! Ires thought. The lull in gunfire was surprising - usually those armed with guns would go all power crazy with their ability to inflict pain when in this situation.

This must have a connection with whatever code Mr. Magenta was saying earlier...

Sneak over to Desmond's opposite side and find suitable cover there, try to examine the enemy for their characteristics and probable weakspots.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: October 29, 2012, 05:03:42 pm »

Jenny sneaks over to a fallen guard and inspects him to see what weaponry he is equipped with, as well as check if he has any sort of identification.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn One Hundred Twenty-Two! In which they reinforce
« Reply #1233 on: November 01, 2012, 12:36:10 am »

Happy Halloween.  One hundred and twenty-two is the count of our turns.

Agent Fortmüller fires his tranq gun, [3+1] [1+1-1] putting one more foe to sleep before a dart sticks in the barrel.  [4] He works out his frustration with an open-handed strike to the head of the last one, who's out cold instantly.
Agent Green looks down at the men on the ground, and at the others across the street.  "Uh, put down your weapons!"  The unconscious ones don't comply, and the ones on the other end of the street just ignore him.
Agent Reon finds cover across from Desmond and Nicholas from the non-existent gunfire from the other end of the street.  [hidden search check] She realizes as the watches the gunmen that they've lost interest and are simply chatting amongst themselves, weapons still drawn but held at their sides, not even looking in the team's direction.
Agent Maxwell rifles through the equipment of the nearest guard, [hidden search check] finding a standard H&K USP, a small radio receiver in his ear, and a small, black plastic card.

Agent Conners waits to make sure nobody's coming before moving on.  She climbs out of the back window and circles around to scope out the situation.  Her teammates are finishing off the opposition on the other end of the street; on this end, a few of the armed men are simply loafing about, pistols still drawn but making no move to shoot across at her teammates.  If they've noticed her, they make no sign.

A massive eighteen-wheeler rumbles up, crashing through and destroying an electrified fence as Lisa and the gunmen scatter, and stopping in the middle of the street.  The side of the truck opens and six brightly-coloured powered armour suits pile out, taking positions around the truck, around and on top of the houses, and in one case in the air, heavy weapons trained on the team, mostly on Nicholas.  A speaker built into the cab of the truck squeals and a tinny voice comes through.
"Attention Mr. Wall, Mr. Fighter, Ms. Arrow, Spectral Command has authorized the use of lethal force on your persons.  Stand down immediately or we will open fire."
The men in black finally snap to attention and rush up to support their armoured allies, one breaking off to watch Lisa.
"Stand down!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 01, 2012, 02:04:20 am »

"Why don't you tell us anyway instead of being cryptic trash!" Ires yelled over the tension. She was confounded by how this organization worked - forcing others to kneel before their assumed authority without even giving a straight answer.

It was Mr. Magenta all over again!

"Other than thinking with your guns, why don't you remind us of who you people are?!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: November 01, 2012, 02:58:12 am »

Jennifer took the gun and the card. Both might come in handy. Next, she took the radio receiver and put it on her own ear, then listened for transmissions.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: November 01, 2012, 05:39:40 am »

Desmond stepped over by Nicholas and then past him, addressing the soldiers.

"We didn't ask for this fight, but we're surely going to give you one if you don't start explaining yourselves. You come into our city? Order us to lay down our arms?

What gives you that right? If you're good guys like us, we'd be able to talk this over instead of fighting. Are you good guys...or not?"
Desmond asked.

He didn't expect an answer-except more cryptic bullshit-which why he was silently charging up a blast of Kinesis toward the flying one.

Action: Assuming a fight is unavoidable, Prepare a Kinetically charged blast at the flying man if he's in range (arcing up and downward, so I can knock him out of the sky), otherwise cover Nichloas from any weapons I can block without hurting myself.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 01, 2012, 06:10:01 am »

"Des, anyone else...Why do I get the feeling that we've a bounty on our heads for obscure reasons?" Ires whispered over the comms. "This town is far out from urban society, this is strange. Nobody would send heavy firepower in this location unless it meant something.

"And I feel it's something we've missed. Anyone have news on Crane?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 01, 2012, 07:26:18 am »

"I haven't got anything on Crane. These guys must be getting their stuff from somewhere or someone powerful to have armor like that. I don't think they are gonna play nice either..." Lisa whispered back over the radio, walking slowly backwards with her hands up. "I think it's time to book it and start picking these guys off one by one. Anyone got a better idea?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 01, 2012, 07:54:00 am »

Ires unclipped a flashbang. "Do you think they're immune to stun grenades?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: November 01, 2012, 07:56:10 am »

"I dunno about the suited ones, but otherwise yes. Do we go with a hit and run style thing?" Lisa whispered as she quickly glanced around herself. If she was going to run for it, it would have to be soon while she was only being watched by one guard.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 01, 2012, 08:07:43 am »

"I just hope you're alright with this Desmond, because it seems like we're drawing lines everywhere we go - this is one of those lines which may snap anytime.

I'm all up for a hit and run. I just hope my free running training won't fail me here."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 01, 2012, 08:32:59 am »

"At least you have that, I've got shit all. Whatever, let's do this."

Back away slowly and then dash out of sight when I'm near a door, window or alley. Stay in cover and try to avoid being shot, but engage anyone that comes after me with a suprise reversal around a corner into melee range and drain them into unconciousness hard and fast.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 01, 2012, 08:36:49 am »

"No wait! You still have one flashbang-...ahh."

Toss ye Holy Hand Grenade Flashbang after counting to three - giving Lisa and the rest time to move. Aim at the front of the Power Armored Men, so as to achieve full effect.

Commence hit and run tactics with team - anyone, Desmond or Lisa.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 01, 2012, 09:50:05 am »

"I have been awfully nice. I haven't been killing any of you lap dogs, even though I had all the right and the power to do so. If you start to trash-talk me, it means you have forfeit the right to your lives."

"Start barking what is the problem now or you'll all die."

If diplomacy fails, whip out the particle gun and the sniper rifle and start to shoot to kill at the powersuited men (shoot only the particle gun to avoid penalties, though), taking cover at the nearest piece of concrete.

Cause I shoot to thrill, and I'm ready to kill~ Too many women with too many pills~
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:56:22 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 86