Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177606 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (We're back!)
« Reply #675 on: June 02, 2012, 08:18:32 pm »

"I'd say...Possibly. Or just being distracted from something bigger. We can't let doubts interfere with the mission, though. Until we know for sure, we stick to defending this building. But, keep eyes in the back of your head.

We need to partner up-no one should be alone right now.

Fire Fighter, stay with Life Force-and vice versa.

Spectra, finish what you're doing and rendezvous with either of our groups, whichever is closer."
he said, trying to reaffirm the teams confidence.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 02, 2012, 09:51:29 pm »

((Argh, timezones!))

Ires saw Desmond approaching her, as the guard left to go wherever that phone was.

If that phone could run on the lack of power, that is.

"Hi Desmond, I...well, I am trying to talk to the head of security here. The guard won't let me through and demands identification to talk to the head of security. Strangely, I don't think they would deny that to civilians," she said as she returned her mask to it's respectful position.

"I really do feel the same thing. May be a trap, but I'd have thought the people here would care more about possible intervention. I just mentioned I was a maintenance officer, and the chief is still on the phone.

"In the dark."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 02, 2012, 10:47:11 pm »

"Dammit... Try not to short out the mainframe please, that would be bad..."

Lisa gave up for the time being on hacking into the records here, as Nick was correct with his statement. She needed to get into the servers of whoever owned this building. And then it occured to her, why THIS building? What was so special about this one that warranted special protection from a full team of supers?

"I'm sticking with firefighter and heading outside. Maybe I can get a connection into the owners of this building's servers and find out more. Someone should remain outside as lookout at all times anyway.

Has anyone found out what is the whole purpose of this building? I really don't think that terrorists would just attack a random office building when theres better, more populated targets available, like a train or bus station for example. Why THIS place?"

Head outside with Nick and radio HQ for the identity of the owners of the business in this building, so I can find employee profiles to send them. Then look for more accurate blueprints of the building, as well as a map of the area underground this building, like sewer lines or pipes leading under it, not to mention subway lines.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 02, 2012, 11:38:48 pm »

Ires turned her comm channel to only the other four. "Red tape on the security, this is taking a while for a person to 'get off the phone', and I haven't discovered anything on the roof that is special about this building, except fans that lead to the ventilation shafts."

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 03, 2012, 01:14:50 pm »

PTW. This is really epic.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Turn sixty-nine.  That's right.
Mego: aw shucks, thanks  :)

Spoiler: Maps! (click to show/hide)

Agent Green stuck with Agent Reon as she waited for the head of security to get off the phone.  He emerged from a room somewhere in the back, and walked up to them, smiling uncertainly.
"Hello.  You're Steel Wall and Straight Arrow, then?  I just got off the phone with your superiors.  Well, more like the connection cut off, but you get the point.  Ah, what was it you wanted to talk to me about?  You just need to guard the building, right?  I don't mind that, not at all, just let me know what you need."
Agent Maxwell continued trying, despite her previous failure and her trepidation about the mission.  [1+2] With a considerably reduced amount of power she could sense the electrical lines all around the building, without shorting them out, but they still drowned out the less powerful energy sources.
Agent Fortmüller headed to the roof, and as he did so radioed a question to the base.  "Control, why wasn't the building's personnel warned about a possible attack and are you sure the information was correct?"
"Just a simple oversight, Fire Fighter.  Yes, we're sure the information was correct.  Our source, as you know, is, or was, a high-ranking member of the organization, and our methods are... thorough."
Once he reached the roof, Nicholas looked around at the roofs of the surrounding buildings.  He jumped across to a building on the other side of the street and looked around.  [hidden spot check] Lots of people entering the building with bulky suitcases.  Was that the glint of a scope from the building next to him?  He spotted the man who'd handed him his dart gun get into a black car with tinted windows and drive off.
Agent Conners headed up to the roof with Nicholas.  Once he leapt across the street, she decided to stay put on her roof, and radioed mission control for the names of the companies using the building.
"Underground Resources, Harvey Furnishing, Krahn, Yeo and Chan Legal Services, an unnamed powered armour contractor for the military, and Power Glove Studios."
[4] With a little effort Lisa found the employee lists of the companies and sent them to headquarters, before trying her luck with more recent blueprints of the building.  [1-1] She sighed and made a mental note to make sure to keep her PDA charged in the future.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 03, 2012, 05:59:59 pm »

Nicholas followed the man leaving in the car with his gaze.

"Team, there are people entering the building with large suitcases. Could you check on that? And it would be good if 'Spectra' tried to analyze the employees' suitcases and any container large enough to contain a bomb or a similar device. They need eletric or electronic parts, and it would narrow down her search field."

"Casually asking suspicious people where they work or the company they work for to reveal any inconsistencies is also an option, and although it may be a little extreme, we are feeling our way in dark. As for me, I will try to examine something I just saw."

Nicholas follows car with the man who gave his dart gun with his eyes, proceeding to examine the dart gun itself before examining the supposed glint of a scope.

While examining the scope, he mumbles only to himself:
"I forgot I only should use or trust things given to me after double-checking..."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 03, 2012, 06:11:30 pm »

"On it." Jenny moved to a window where she could watch the people enter the building and focused her search on them, to see if she could figure out what they were carrying.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 03, 2012, 08:50:46 pm »

"Guys, I'm having a bit of a problem up here. I've apparently forgot to charge my PDA after the last mission. I've sent the profiles to HQ for them to have a look at as well as the camera feed, but until I can get this thing charged up again, I'm blind to the computer attempts someone might try.

HQ, gonna need a fresh PDA for myself, or at least a charger. Mine, I'm ashamed to say, has run out of power. How soon can I get a resupply?"

Head down to where I can get a look at these people entering the building and hide, watching them closely.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 03, 2012, 09:06:57 pm »

"HQ, gonna need a fresh PDA for myself, or at least a charger. Mine, I'm ashamed to say, has run out of power. How soon can I get a resupply?"
Nicholas promptly answered Lisa's complaint over the comms about the PDA.
"I can try to charge your PDA with my suit's internal energy system, but you would have to come to the roof after you finish what you are doing, because at the moment I am checking something and I would have to leap back to the roof of the building you are in."
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 09:49:01 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 03, 2012, 09:35:27 pm »

Ires looked at Desmond with a concerned expression before speaking to the Chief. "So, subtleties aside, we- erm, I..I guess, would like to ask a building evacuation under a general principle that could be accepted by everyone. Emergency maintenance scheduling or something."

She leaned over towards Desmond. "Would that sound like a good cover story? Building maintenance?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 04, 2012, 08:22:38 am »

Desmond thought a moment.

"Something to clear people out quickly. I'd say emergency pest removal, spraying chemicals and all that..." he mused.

Action: Keep alert, no action this turn.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 04, 2012, 10:31:02 am »

"I can do with that."

Ires looked back to the chief. "Well, before this, I was a maintenance officer, an architect on structural faults. Could you tell the other workers that on the day, the whole building must be cleared and fixed by us? Pest removal is...quite true. I've seen a lot of rust on the roof fans, and checking the basement pillars, they have small fissures in the corners. Not to mention that mousehole that reeked of...well, something bad."

Follow Desmond's plan.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Seventy! In which people enter the building
« Reply #688 on: June 04, 2012, 01:57:43 pm »

Turn seventy!  This has continued like ten times longer than I thought it would.

Spoiler: Maps! (click to show/hide)

Agent Fortmüller gave a heads-up to the team about the incoming crowd, and examined his dart gun for any inconsistencies.  [hidden spot check] It was exactly the same as he remembered it from every other mission.  Come to think of it, he recognized the guy who'd given him this, and the car he'd been driven off in, too.  Frowning, still suspicious, he looked across to the building next to him.  [hidden spot check] Just the sun reflecting off of one of those reflective windows, he guessed.  From what he could see there wasn't anybody close to the window where he'd seen the glint.
Agent Maxwell moved to a position overlooking the entrance of the building and looked down at the group.  [3+2] She was finally able to focus her power perfectly, and sensed directly inside the suitcases.  She couldn't feel any electronics, at least none that were active.  Some of them had paper clips and staplers and such, but the majority she couldn't feel anything at all, likely because they were full of paperwork.  She also sensed something different, fuzzy, a weak magnet, perhaps, but was unable to pinpoint the location.
Agent Conners radioed to ask for a charger for her PDA as she moved back down to the ground floor.  Though Nicholas offered to let her charge it off his suit, he was still on the roof of the building across the street, and she had decided to inconspicuously watch the people entering the building.  [hidden spot check] Yep, they were people, all right.  And entering the building.  A lot of them had suitcases, too.
Agent Reon tried to persuade the building's security chief to evacuate the building under the pretense of pest removal.
[5+1] "Ok, we can evacuate the building now, for as long as you need.  We can even call in a pest control company to make the thing look more official."
He turns to the man at the desk.  "Jenkins, can you...?"
"On it, boss."
A few minutes later the building was being cleared.  The crowd of people in the lobby made it difficult to see what anybody was doing.
"Pest control?  Do you buy it?"
"Nah, they usually warn us a few weeks in advance for that, don't they?  Was there a memo?"
"Nope."
"I don't buy it, then.  You know, earlier I saw Flash Light and that guy from New York, the one with the giant powered armour suit.  I bet this is some sort of exercise, you know, like a fire drill."
Agent Green frowned as he scanned the crowd, looking for people who looked like they were moving against the flow, not leaving the building.  [hidden spot check] He caught a glimpse of one man, one of the suitcase people who'd been entering the building before, standing still and looking straight at him.  Then the crowd shifted and he was gone.  Desmond blinked, worried, unable to pinpoint which direction he'd gone.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 04, 2012, 02:05:20 pm »

"Most of the people with suitcases are clear, but I felt something from one of them. Impossible to tell which one in that press of bodies, though. Maybe if he or she separated from the pack, I could tell you more." After reporting, Jenny waited for someone else to form a plan.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 86