Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177607 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic
« Reply #645 on: May 27, 2012, 01:08:44 am »

Lisa nodded at her work and then cracked her knuckles. It was time to get down with the code.

Hack into the security camera network around the building and the network in the building, and reroute the fees to hq. Then look for more up to date blueprints.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 27, 2012, 01:25:48 am »

"That's right, I'm Spectra," Jenny said to the workers. She wasn't sure how to feel about fame. On the one hand, her entire thing was moving about unnoticed, and she had never been important enough for anyone to recognize or much less be happy to see before. On the other, it felt nice, being appreciated. Much more so than getting a small tip for speedy pizza delivery, that was for sure. She thought fast. Maybe she could distract the workers, allowing her allies to search around without people noticing them as much. "I'm curious; what do you people do here?" she asked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 27, 2012, 02:11:51 am »

Search the basement for any weaknesses or the ground floor for it's supports. Determine if stable enough to withstand a bomb blast and where are the most liable areas of breach if broken.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 27, 2012, 06:01:52 am »

Move to the roof of the building, calmly sit down and use the stethoscope trick once again. If it happens to work well, leave the piece of metal where it is for future listening.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Turn sixty-five.  Getting back into some sort of regularity.

Agent Green frowned as he spoke to the security guard privately.
"Yes, I'm Steel Wall... and, we've got a credible lead this building is the possible target of a terrorist attack.  My superiors should have cleared our investigation with you... what's your name and rank, son?  Have you gotten any heads up yet?"
"I'm Phillip Frearson, Mr. Wall.  I'm just a security guard for the building.  We weren't told of any terrorists... I'm going to have to ask my boss.  Wait here, please."
He walked off a short distance and radioed his superiors, asking confirmation of Desmond's story, before returning.
"Nobody here was told anything.  Get your boss to call mine, or I'm afraid you will have to leave."
Agent Conners cracked her knuckles as she went to work on the security camera network.  [6] She succeeded and sent the feed to headquarters, but a moment later the feed went dark.  Lisa looked around; the cameras she could spot had all powered down.
Agent Maxwell smiled back at the workers.  "That's right, I'm Spectra," she started.  "I'm curious; what do you people do here?" she asked.
"Well, this floor is dedicated to the Underground Resources, a mining company.  We handle things like requisitions and personnel up here.  Business stuff, I'm sure it's all very boring to you.  I don't know about the other floors, a lot of new companies have been moving in lately."
Agent Reon looked around the basement and ground floor.  Two rows of thick concrete pillars seemed to be the main supports for the building.  The central elevator shaft also looked sturdy enough to hold the building steady in an earthquake.
Agent Fortmüller headed up to the ceiling, found a metal pipe, and held it against the roof, listening for movement.  [hidden listen check] He heard dozens of people moving around, but there were too many people moving around for him to be able to tell exactly where anyone or anything was.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 27, 2012, 06:33:06 pm »

Desmond did so, though he starting to get a bit suspicious...

Action: Radio back, find out whats going on with HQ.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 27, 2012, 06:52:39 pm »

Nicholas gave up on the stethoscope trick. There were too many people. Maybe it was time to try and check if the modular design could help a bit.

Nicholas tries to modify the air collection and purification system to be extremely sensitive to the particles of bomb components which could be floating around in the air in very small concentrations. If it works, he walks around the building, staying only for a small amount of time at each floor before moving on to the next.

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 27, 2012, 07:52:25 pm »

Jenny nodded, understanding that they basically wanted her to get out of there and let them get back to work. She found a quiet place away from everyone, went invisible, and made her way up to the third floor to check around.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 27, 2012, 09:05:44 pm »

"Woops... I hope that I did that..."

Power up those cameras again, and if I cannot do so, notify HQ of a possible attempt taking place as well as my team. Then head to the power box and check the power lines for tampering if I can't get the cameras back online.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 27, 2012, 10:06:34 pm »

"Two rows of pillars and a shaft. You'd think structural integrity would be funded well..."

Radio findings to HQ and team.

Try to search the roofs, or if better, try to access security channels that monitor the ventilation shafts.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 11:52:43 pm by Tiruin »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 28, 2012, 05:45:45 pm »

Turn sixty-six.  Tiruin: that's two rows of reinforced pillars, not two.  About a dozen in all, running from the top of the building to the bottom.  I don't know if that would actually hold a building up in real life, but let's all look the other way and pretend it would  :P

Agent Green radioed headquarters, suspicious of the lack of communication.
"That doesn't concern you, Steel Wall, but thanks for your information.  I'll correct our oversight and inform the necessary people to allow you to move freely."
Agent Fortmüller put the pipe down and went to work on modifying his suit, specifically his air filtration unit.  [5+2] When he hooked it up to the suit's on-board computer it immediately began beeping to inform him of trace presence of various potentially explosive chemicals in the atmosphere.  He moved around the building, the unit beeping all the while, finding no significant atmospheric deviations.
Agent Maxwell took her leave of the workers and went invisible once she was out of sight before heading up to the third floor.  The floor layout was different from the second level, consisting mainly of several large rooms, each connected to the others.  Most of the rooms were server space, though one of the rooms was empty and another contained what looked like water tanks and air filters for the building.  Besides her there were no people on the floor.
Agent Conners looked slightly sheepish as she tried restoring the power to the cameras.  [5] She realized as she took a look through the system that the power-down was a result of detecting her intrusion, and not due to outside interference, so she changed it to alert her if it detected another intrusion and sent the feed to HQ.
"Thanks, Life Force, we have enough information now to get information on the entire building.  Wait just a moment for the maps to come online, everyone.
Agent Reon reported her findings on the structure of the building to everyone else before heading to the roof and looking around.  She spotted Nicholas doing something to his robot, and various structures scattered around, antennae and fans and the like.  If the fans were off a person could probably get into the ventilation system through there.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 28, 2012, 05:50:59 pm »

Jenny stayed in the empty room and vented the energy. "Understood, control. I'll stand by until we have the maps."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 28, 2012, 06:11:09 pm »

"Glad to be of service. I'm heading underground to map out possible attack routes. Could use some company."

Wait for the maps then head underground and look for ways to the building and map them.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 28, 2012, 06:15:09 pm »

"Glad to be of service. I'm heading underground to map out possible attack routes. Could use some company."

Wait for the maps then head underground and look for ways to the building and map them.
"It is not like I have much to do and I'm nearby due to my latest sweep. I'll follow you."

Save the sensitive air-scanning setting for future use, reset the air-filtration unit to the usual one and then follow Conners.
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 29, 2012, 12:07:54 am »

((Arithmetic. It doesn't agree...))

"Well, only passage from other points are through the ventilation shafts, which are guarded by fans.

Hm, if they really wanted to bomb this building, won't they just chuck one in at the walls?"

Head over to the security office or quarters in this building. Talk to the Chief or head officer and request that the building be evacuated for 'maintenance purposes' at the time we were told.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 86