Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - E3 - Game Over - Scum Victory  (Read 81798 times)

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - D3 - I Think The Mod Doesn't Know Irony [5/9]
« Reply #300 on: April 18, 2012, 11:02:33 am »

Strategia, what was the purpose of your 'red or blue?' questions far earlier?

It's an indicator, and it helps me get a feel for the player. That's it. It's a neutral question that has no immediate bearing on my vote.

[...] and messing up quotes feels pretty suspicious.

Oh the hypocrisy, it burnsss

Strategia, did you vote on magma just beacuse hes competent? Or beacuse you cant lynch me? I think its easier to get rid of me than him. Can you explain in more detail why you want him out?

I haven't been able to get a good read off of either one of you so far. Therefore, I decided to go for the one who appeared most competent. But you're right, getting rid of McFry would be hard. I'm not going to unvote for now, but we'll see.

On the other hand, looking at the posts on this day so far, I'm starting to think that you and McFry together are the scumteam. I haven't been able to get a read off either one of you, and all your targets so far have been killed. Today, you're both voting for zomara, a fairly easy lynch. Your stupidity could easily be an act, at least partially. McFry appears competent enough to have been targeted by scum, but so far that appears almost entirely absent. It was him who tried to paint Dariush as scum on D1, and you happily went along with it, flying under the radar.

zomara mostly appears newbish, especially since he just replaced in. borno hasn't said much of anything yet. You two are, however, active and working together to achieve a newblynch. I'm not even going to put this as a question; MagmaMcFry, Dr.Phibes, you are SCUMMMMM.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - D2 - Looks Like The Cop ... Just Croaked [7/9]
« Reply #301 on: April 18, 2012, 11:35:03 am »

Found it, page 16.
As did I, thanks to you. I wounder how it escaped my notice.

It's an indicator, and it helps me get a feel for the player. That's it. It's a neutral question that has no immediate bearing on my vote.

I personally don't see how, but I am sure you know what to look for in the reply. Care to teach that technique to me after we are done with this game? Its. . . . . . different. Makes me want to know it for some reason.

Today, you're both voting for zomara, a fairly easy lynch.
That hurt me quite a bit. Am I really that easy to pin as a lynching target?

zomara mostly appears newbish, especially since he just replaced in. borno hasn't said much of anything yet. You two are, however, active and working together to achieve a newblynch. I'm not even going to put this as a question; MagmaMcFry, Dr.Phibes, you are SCUMMMMM.
That's quite a harsh accusation. I think I will go though and see if I can find anything more solid to back it up. Or disprove it, if the case may be.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 18, 2012, 11:40:36 am »

Strategia, did you vote on magma just beacuse hes competent? Or beacuse you cant lynch me? I think its easier to get rid of me than him. Can you explain in more detail why you want him out?

I haven't been able to get a good read off of either one of you so far. Therefore, I decided to go for the one who appeared most competent. But you're right, getting rid of McFry would be hard. I'm not going to unvote for now, but we'll see.

On the other hand, looking at the posts on this day so far, I'm starting to think that you and McFry together are the scumteam. I haven't been able to get a read off either one of you, and all your targets so far have been killed. Today, you're both voting for zomara, a fairly easy lynch. Your stupidity could easily be an act, at least partially. McFry appears competent enough to have been targeted by scum, but so far that appears almost entirely absent. It was him who tried to paint Dariush as scum on D1, and you happily went along with it, flying under the radar.

Why? He have 1000 posts. This is the first time ever writing on this forum for me.
Wtf, all my targets so far have been killed? My only target was Dariush, yes he died but so did Painiac and i didnt suspct him. YOU did, should i suspect you becuse of that? And is the table flipped now? i suspected zomora then borno came and atlast magma voted him. So first its magma pulling the strings and now its me? Or is that our master plan?!?!?!??!?! *DUN* *DUN* *DUUUHHH* Your reason have far to many variables. Again if you are so sure, why do you still vote on magma? Its doesent matter who of ous you kill and like i said i am a far easier alternative, right?

Is it just me or this WIFOM?
If one person has an imaginary friend, they're crazy, if many people have the same imaginary friend it's religion?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 18, 2012, 12:24:40 pm »

Dr.Phibes:

zomara, maybe you are a noob to mafia, but you are familiar to the forum and messing up quotes feels pretty suspicious.
How the hell would messing up votes make people more likely to be scum?

But now I am left with an even bigger issue. I don't think I can retract my vote.
Why do you think that? What do you expect to happen if you change your vote? How is it bad for you? Why is that an issue that you need to tell us about?
[/quote]
If this is what you mean, then watch this:
Quote from: MagmaMcFry
But now I am left with an even bigger issue. I don't think I can retract my vote.
Why do you think that? What do you expect to happen if you change your vote? How is it bad for you? Why is that an issue that you need to tell us about?
Zomara just accidentally deleted the [quote] tag. That's not suspicious, and that's not a reason to vote people.

Strategia:

McFry [...] tried to paint Dariush as scum on D1
Careful there, you just totally skipped the the part where you consider that I simply attacked Dariush because he was being scummy. Now rewind for a bit and consider that before skipping to biased conclusions. Naturally you have an instinctive suspicion against people who lynch people who turn out to be town, and that's because scum generally tries to lynch town. Now you're making two wrong turns here:
1) You think that the opposite also applies, namely that people who try to lynch town are generally scum. That's not true and you know it. Just look at Painiac.
2) You think that if I attacked Dariush and he was town, then I attacked Dariush knowing that he was town. That's called hindsight bias, and you would probably never have considered that I would have a reason for attacking Dariush other that he was being extremely Scummy if Dariush had turned out to be scum. I find my accusations against Dariush completely appropriate, and I still think that Dariush was being insanely scummy. Remember: Dariush thinks so too.

McFry appears competent enough to have been targeted by scum, but so far that appears almost entirely absent.
That is the worst application of WIFOM I have ever seen.

Look what you've just proved: If Phibes and I are the scumteam, then our actions make sense.

Allow me to make a counterstatement: If Phibes and I are not the scumteam, then our actions make sense.

Do you see the problem here? Both statements are true, so the fact that my actions make sense does not imply anything at all. You've got a suspicion, and you're blindly following it. You're reading all of our posts believing that we are scum, and you continue holding onto your theory because nothing disproves it. What you fail to notice is that there is also no evidence for your theory. That's called confirmation bias, and you should snap out of it immediately.

Consider this a free lesson in rationality. If you don't understand that, then you haven't read enough Harry Potter fanfiction.

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 18, 2012, 12:51:43 pm »

I was building on what i said earlier, it feels like hes defending him self with noobines and it seems hes trying to hard to look like a noob. However i felt it odd for him to just vote Dariush like that.
If one person has an imaginary friend, they're crazy, if many people have the same imaginary friend it's religion?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 18, 2012, 02:05:17 pm »

Scelly9, you are a full one third of your team or trying to act like it. Get moving.
Please note I'm not playing.
I blame Tiruin completely. Who probably blames Think in turn.

borno, apologies for missing you. You are now a full one third of your team or trying to act like it. Get in here and get moving.

I am kinda stuck on that question. I don't really have someone to point a finger at yet. Even looking for scumtells, I have little to no information to work with. Or maybe I am looking for the wrong things. Or maybe I am not looking hard enough.

Coming up with questions, on the other hand, is a lot harder than it looks. You should know. You are coming up with them yourself.
A simple way to consider scumhunting is to attempt to get a read on everyone or someone, rather than explicitly trying to determine if they're scum or not. Trying to figure out someone's motivations and behavior in general is sometimes easier and more natural than attempting to determine if they're being deceptive or acting.

Also, when in doubt, attempt to generate new information, rather than sifting through old. Old data can be helpful, but trying to examine it with successively finer and finer-toothed combs is usually not productive.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 18, 2012, 02:40:05 pm »

Day extended to Thursday because now people are actually posting. Votecount later today.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:/ Every time I join a mafia game, suddenly lots of important stuff to do. Sorry about being so inactive guys.

Requesting replacement.

That was from D1. Stop yelling at me when I'm not even in the game.

(Personally, I blame Think for not updating the player list in the OP.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 18, 2012, 06:43:05 pm »

:/ Every time I join a mafia game, suddenly lots of important stuff to do. Sorry about being so inactive guys.

Requesting replacement.

That was from D1. Stop yelling at me when I'm not even in the game.

(Personally, I blame Think for not updating the player list in the OP.)
I am bad at this.

zomara, you know the drill.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 19, 2012, 12:51:07 am »

Votecount! I'll pretend I didn't hear those slanders! (Sorry about that. One of those things I never get around to.)

Zomara [2]: Dr. Phibes, MagmaMcFry
MagmaMcFry [1]: Strategia

Not voting: borno, Zomara.

Day ends tomorrow!

If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 19, 2012, 01:04:45 am »

Borno, your first action in this thread was to vote Strategia for obscure reasons. I'm kinda missing an introduction.
What do you mean by an introduction? My play-style? As this is my first Mafia, I'm developing a strategy as I go on. But, if you don't think that is an acceptable answer, to analyze  peoples' posts and find scumtells from them, like anyone else would.
Magma, what were you trying to gain from this question?

Why? He have 1000 posts. This is the first time ever writing on this forum for me.
Wtf, all my targets so far have been killed? My only target was Dariush, yes he died but so did Painiac and i didnt suspct him. YOU did, should i suspect you becuse of that? And is the table flipped now? i suspected zomora then borno came and atlast magma voted him. So first its magma pulling the strings and now its me? Or is that our master plan?!?!?!??!?! *DUN* *DUN* *DUUUHHH* Your reason have far to many variables. Again if you are so sure, why do you still vote on magma? Its doesent matter who of ous you kill and like i said i am a far easier alternative, right?

This seems much too relaxed for town.
Tell me, Dr.Phibes, Why are you chainsawing Magma so fiercely? Have you realized that if you don't do anything soon, you will get lynched, and tried to pin the blame on Magma?

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 19, 2012, 01:30:58 am »

Borno, your first action in this thread was to vote Strategia for obscure reasons. I'm kinda missing an introduction.
What do you mean by an introduction? My play-style? As this is my first Mafia, I'm developing a strategy as I go on. But, if you don't think that is an acceptable answer, to analyze  peoples' posts and find scumtells from them, like anyone else would.

Tell me, Dr.Phibes, Why are you chainsawing Magma so fiercely? Have you realized that if you don't do anything soon, you will get lynched, and tried to pin the blame on Magma?

Pin the blame on Magma? Just how did you jump to this accusation? I think Magma is the best player in this game, dont know why strategia is voting him. I thought voting on Magma just beacuse hes good is pretty weak. Wanted to want more why he voted on him, hes reply is filled with baseless accusations. Did you read the post or am i missing something? Wait, relaxed? Explain why?

Borno, why do you not suspct Strategia anymore? Or zomora? You tend to switch targets much.

Please, can someone explain the word chainsawing?

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 19, 2012, 01:34:20 am »

Extend

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 19, 2012, 03:55:41 am »

Chainsawing means attacking someone to defend whoever that person is attacking. In other words, if Player B is attacking Player C, and Player A begins attacking Player B, seemingly to defend Player C, Player A is chainsawing Player C.

It's a tricky accusation, because there's often a lot of legitimate reasons to attack someone who just so happens to be attacking someone else, or who's attacking someone else poorly, but the theory behind it is fairly obvious- scum want to defend their buddies and get into town's good graces, so they might attack someone who's attacking their scumbuddy or who's messing with someone they want to butter up.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 19, 2012, 05:29:01 am »

Pin the blame on Magma? Just how did you jump to this accusation? I think Magma is the best player in this game, dont know why strategia is voting him. I thought voting on Magma just beacuse hes good is pretty weak. Wanted to want more why he voted on him, hes reply is filled with baseless accusations. Did you read the post or am i missing something? Wait, relaxed? Explain why?

Borno, why do you not suspct Strategia anymore? Or zomora? You tend to switch targets much.

Sorry, By 'Pin the blame on magma' I meant 'Subtly pin the vote on magma'. I could of voted for magma or you, but because your  posts seem more scummy, I voted for you. And remember: I am thrown in straight in the game, without a feel for your strategy, as I explained a few posts ago. I am switching votes around so I can get some answers out of you to get a feel for your strategy. I actually still suspect them, but not enough to vote. As for why I am saying that you appear relaxed, it is because of the bolded part of your text. Serious players don't use *'s, and everyone should be serious, as it is LYLO.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26