Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - E3 - Game Over - Scum Victory  (Read 81807 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - D3 - I Think The Mod Doesn't Know Irony [5/9]
« Reply #285 on: April 16, 2012, 07:16:06 am »

So confused.

Can I get a list of who is left?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 16, 2012, 07:30:29 am »

Everyone on the first page, Minus me, IronyOwl and Dariush and Painiac.

Also, a note. This is LYLO. A crucial part in the game, where town will lose if they get their lynch wrong. Currently, no scum have been caught. We are down to 3 townies and 2 Mafiosos.
    * Scelly9
    * drakon136
    * Dr.Phibes
    * Tiruin
    * MagmaMcFry
    * Strategia
    * Painiac
The ones without strikethroughs are still alive and playing. The others who are in a strikethrough cannot talk as they're dead. (Sorry)

Analyze the past day's posts of people, look at their motives and don't be afraid to push.

If I could quote Jim's spiel

Quote from: Jim's Spiel
Now that the game has started and I am now responsible for teaching seven of you how to play a game, I will say the following first.

I will be a completely impartial source of advice that I will freely give at every opportunity, whether I am asked for it or I decide to give it on my own. You can trust that everything I have to say will be given in good faith, even if it comes at a personal cost to me in this game. If you do not listen to what I have to say, for any reason, you will severely hamper your ability to learn how to play the game. So, to reiterate,

Listen to what I tell you.

If you don't, then what's the point of me being here?

For those of you who don't know what to do, games usually start with the Random Vote Stage. You should pick a target randomly, vote them, and ask them a question. The sole purpose of this is to get conversation going when there would otherwise be no reason to do that. I'll start.

jaxler, let's say you're the Cop. You want to catch scum during the night with an inspection. What do you look for?

Ideally you should ask game related questions in the RVS. Asking what kind of flavor of ice cream is a player's favorite does absolutely nothing to help you find scum, which is your primary goal.

And because it bears repeating: Your primary goal is to find scum. Everything you do should help you towards that goal. And I do mean everything.

If you're scum, you will obviously have a different goal: Avoid detection until the end of the game. The best way to do this is to look like you are trying to find scum.

Since many of you are going to have no idea what to do and will mangle scumhunting in just about every possible way, it does you no good to hold back. So be bold, and just do the best you can. Ask lots of questions, try to get a good feel for how the game is played. I'll be there to help you when you go wrong.

Additionally, before anybody else does anything, I will stress the importance of activity. You should be as active as possible. A good guideline is to get one good post in a day, but if you can post productively more often than that it's generally a good idea to do so. As a player, town or scum, being active and visible is very much an asset, as you're out there making yourself readable, and this is considered a town quality. While there are very good personal benefits to being active, the reverse is detrimental to the whole game. Low activity makes games hard to play or outright kills them. This is fun for absolutely no one, so make a good effort and be active.

If you played a Beginner's Game before you probably recognize this spiel, but it's good all the same.

Good luck Players.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 16, 2012, 04:31:29 pm »

Spoiler: RAGE (click to show/hide)

Consider it Dealing with Disruptive Players 101. You dabbled in teaching it yourself a bit as well, in BM XXXI.

So we're now left with McFry, Phibes, zomara, borno and me. Ohhh fucknuggets. I haven't been able to get a read on McFry yet, Phibes appears to be an idiot, and zomara and borno are fairly fresh, borno especially. zomara's going after Dariush right after joining, for no particular reason, kind of raises an alarm bell. Then again, I still don't know about McFry either - he's been going after Dariush too.

Giving the thread a quick do-over, on D1 Scelly provided the tipping vote on Painiac, but McFry and zomara (and zomara's predecessors) were awfully insistent on lynching Dariush. (As was Phibes.) borno made a couple of safe votes towards the end of D2, which, other than providing plenty of WIFOMfodder, doesn't say anything about his alignment.

Going down the list again, we've got someone I don't trust, someone I don't like, two fresh replacements and me. Since no-one besides me appears to be still interested in getting rid of Dr.Idiot, I'll put him on the back burner for now. (Burn baby burn.) I'm gonna go with "more competent = more dangerous", unless I get a scum vibe from someone else, and vote MagmaMcFry for now.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 17, 2012, 07:11:18 pm »

Wow, activity hasn't reduced so much as dropped off a cliff into an eerie glowing pit, hasn't it?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 17, 2012, 09:45:08 pm »

ICs and/or Mod needed in Beginner's Mafia XXXII, stat!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 17, 2012, 10:44:20 pm »

If you're not trying to finish the game strong then you're missing the point of being in a Beginner's Mafia.

So apparently a lot of you are missing the point of being in a Beginner's Mafia.

Lylo is a hell of time to decide to stop playing the game. A single player who doesn't participate in lylo guarantees a town loss. Imagine the results if there are more.

Get to work. You've got a whole game to look through. Not knowing what to do is no excuse.

Don't make me come and badger all of you again. You'll like it less and less each time.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 17, 2012, 10:46:36 pm »

IF YOU ARE TOWN, YOU NEED TO READ THIS. If you are scum, you need to read this as well, so you can look like and foil town.

It is now LYLO, which means LYNCH OR LOSE. This rather bluntly means that if you don't lynch scum right now, YOU LOSE THE GAME.

But that's not all. It's LYLO because there's only one more town left than there is scum. Meaning that not only do you have to find scum to win, but town has to vote UNANIMOUSLY in order to overpower scum. Obviously, scum might or might not be so obvious as to both vote the same person, but this should underline how ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL it is that every last one of you gets your shit together. If you're sitting there hoping something will show up or someone else will do things for you, YOU ARE LOSING THE GAME FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR TEAM.

Every last one of you needs to get in here and remind yourself that you, personally, are a full third of the Town at this point. What do you think is going to happen if a third of your team isn't willing to do anything? That's right, you're going to lose.

Scelly9, you are a full one third of your team or trying to act like it. Get moving.

drakon136, you are a full one third of your team or trying to act like it. Get moving.

Dr. Phibes, you are a full one third of your team or trying to act like it. Get moving.

Magma McFry, you are a full one third of your team or trying to act like it. Get moving.

Strategia, you are a full one third of your team or trying to act like it. Get moving.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 18, 2012, 01:29:49 am »

I will remember to join the group in asking for an extension next time,
Which group? Why do you have to join a group anyway?

but I think you are missing a question. Not just an accusing finger.
I couldn't find a sufficiently constructive and non-WIFOM related follow-up question. Do you need a question from me?

Would you please ask me a question, Jim?
Okay, that's just incredibly lazy. You're forcing people to ask you questions so you can look more active. But answering questions isn't being active.

Zomara: Who do you find the most scummy, and why haven't you voted him yet?

I'm gonna go with "more competent = more dangerous", unless I get a scum vibe from someone else, and vote MagmaMcFry for now.

Thank you, I guess?

Extend. Borno and DrPhibes still have some talking and voting to do.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 18, 2012, 07:11:55 am »

Which group? Why do you have to join a group anyway?
answered on the bottom
I couldn't find a sufficiently constructive and non-WIFOM related follow-up question. Do you need a question from me?
I think I just got. . . . . . . four from you, actually, so, thank you.

Okay, that's just incredibly lazy. You're forcing people to ask you questions so you can look more active. But answering questions isn't being active.

Zomara: Who do you find the most scummy, and why haven't you voted him yet?

I am kinda stuck on that question. I don't really have someone to point a finger at yet. Even looking for scumtells, I have little to no information to work with. Or maybe I am looking for the wrong things. Or maybe I am not looking hard enough.

Coming up with questions, on the other hand, is a lot harder than it looks. You should know. You are coming up with them yourself.

Extend. Borno and DrPhibes still have some talking and voting to do.
This would be the up and starting group that I was talking about. The one asking for an Extension. By the way. Extend the day, please.

On to the question:
Strategia, what was the purpose of your 'red or blue?' questions far earlier?
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 18, 2012, 09:57:33 am »

Extend.

Going to stay firm on zomara as my lead suspect.

zomara, maybe you are a noob to mafia, but you are familiar to the forum and messing up quotes feels pretty suspicious. Btw, who do you think is the best player in this game?

Strategia, did you vote on magma just beacuse hes competent? Or beacuse you cant lynch me? I think its easier to get rid of me than him. Can you explain in more detail why you want him out?
If one person has an imaginary friend, they're crazy, if many people have the same imaginary friend it's religion?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 18, 2012, 10:23:08 am »

zomara, maybe you are a noob to mafia, but you are familiar to the forum and messing up quotes feels pretty suspicious.
Could you point me to my error? I don't see it myself.

who do you think is the best player in this game?

right now I say its between Strategia, who so easily threw off the question of "red" or "blue" and McFry, who has not at all pinged on my radar. No offense to you.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 18, 2012, 10:48:13 am »

Scelly9, you are a full one third of your team or trying to act like it. Get moving.
Please note I'm not playing.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 18, 2012, 10:58:14 am »

Nah, see, he wrote that post weeks ago but forgot to edit it when he finally posted it.

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - D2 - Looks Like The Cop ... Just Croaked [7/9]
« Reply #298 on: April 18, 2012, 10:58:42 am »

zomara, maybe you are a noob to mafia, but you are familiar to the forum and messing up quotes feels pretty suspicious.
Could you point me to my error? I don't see it myself.

who do you think is the best player in this game?

right now I say its between Strategia, who so easily threw off the question of "red" or "blue" and McFry, who has not at all pinged on my radar. No offense to you.

Found it, page 16. Cant qoute it beacuse it fucks the whole post up. If there is no mess-up i apoligies, it must be my computer fucking with me.

However this is not why i suspect you (maybe a little). I wrote last day why.
If one person has an imaginary friend, they're crazy, if many people have the same imaginary friend it's religion?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26