Mouth and Horns only
- 35 (42.7%)
Forehooves
- 3 (3.7%)
All of the above
- 44 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2  (Read 80695 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2
« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2012, 09:50:10 pm »

It is a shame that Sorcerer is to busy to attend to the mod, but it is understandable.

Since he isn't around to patch problems at the moment here are instructions on how to fix some of the more pressing issues (that I encountered at least).

LEATHER
For the leather problem, open entity_pony and add [PERMITTED_JOB:BUTCHER] and [PERMITTED_JOB:TANNER] to the list of permitted jobs and [PERMITTED_REACTION:TAN_A_HIDE] to the list of permitted reactions (you could also re-add the reactions [PERMITTED_REACTION:RENDER_FAT] and [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_SOAP_FROM_TALLOW] if you don't like Sunflower oil).

If you can't find the two lists (which are incredibly hard to miss) just bring up the word finder in notepad and type in whichever, the lines don't need to be in any specific order in the list.

CROSSBOWS
For crossbows add [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CROSSBOW] and [AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS] to the list of items the Pony Civ have available, the default crossbow is technicaly multigrasp as far as I know (I have no idea how reloading works but there are mods which add ranged weapons that can be fired and reloaded with one hand so it shouldn't be too hard to reverse engineer from say the Corrosion mod).
If you for some reason want ponies to be able to grasp things with their front hooves then open body_pony and replace:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

with

This should turn the two front hooves into grasping limbs.
Remember that Unicorns have that weird tentacle horn which counts as a grasper along with the mouth, so if anything THEY should be able to use two handed weapons and items just fine, adding shields to this list should logicaly give you shields for your unicorns to use (but I don't know what it does to Earth Pony and Pegasi NPC's which could possibly spawn with only a shield...).

P.S There is actually a "pie thrower" ranged weapon in pony_weapons which hasn't been added, but it doesn't have throwable pies yet.
Just saying, Sorceror evidentely had some plans on the ranged weapon problem.

P.S.S Testing did indeed show that Earth Ponies and Pegasi can't use ranged weapons, they will drop the carried ammo and keep the crossbow while Unicorn ponies will keep both and successfully use the crossbow.
Pegasi and Earth Ponies can still use most vanilla two handed weapons fine though, probably due to their size, so pikes and haleberds should be pretty viable if you get ahold of them.

UPDATING TO NEW VERSION OF DF(??)
With my abyssmal knowledge of how the DF files interact with each other I have no idea if this is the correct way to manually update the version or not, but this is pretty much how I did it and I haven't come across any issues thus far.

Drop all pony related Raw>Objects files into the new version of DF's Raw>Objects (which translates to, anything that doesn't ask for an overwrite), wether you want to keep/remove vanilla civs (dwarves, elves, humans, etc) is up to preference I guess (I assume that it should be possible to prevent them from spawning by either changing MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER and MAX_POP_NUMBER to [MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:0] [MAX_POP_NUMBER:0] or perhaps even by deleting their entities and bodies altogether, if they don't exist then they can't exist, amirite?).

Don't forget to copy language_words, language_Equine and the old b_detail_plan_default files (which hold the tissue layer data for mane, tail and griffon feathers, without it weird shit starts to happen to descriptions, yes overwrite the two new files with the two old ones).

AS FOR THE WHEELBARROWS...
To make the pony civ use wheelbarrows and minecarts just add [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_MINECART] and [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_WHEELBARROW] to the list of tools they use in the entity_pony file.

If you have trouble differentiating between ponies for caste specific roles (if you are nitpicky like me and only want Unicorns dealing with craftstuff and earth ponies working on farming, etc) then use the Mastercraft mod's version of Dwarf Therapist, it registers and displays castes which the original DT doesn't.

Another thing, there is a copy of "reaction_weather" that you should delete to make the weather workshop work properly as Sorcerer mentioned a while back.
AND there is a DUPLICATE of the "Combine 25 Research", just open the reaction_research file and remove either of the STUDY25 reactions.

And I believe that covers most of everything?
Errorlog should be 100% clean after this and game should be ver 34.11.

Here is also Darekun's post with the pony sprites he made a while back if someone missed it...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 09:12:20 pm by Replica »
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

LordRandomness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 07, 2012, 12:09:20 am »

Okay, so I've gotten this mod to run under Linux...but the job to make blueprints for light cloud schematics produces random items instead (pestle, jug, pouch have come up so far), and the blueprints for heavy cloud schematics job produces various items in the rainbow production line (translucent rainbow, solidified rainbow, etc etc). Furthermore, after a while attempting to do anything but study at the library leads to the pony assigned wandering around with "No Job" as though there's nothing they can be doing. Is this just because I'm trying to run it in Linux? If so, what could be causing it? If not, consider this a bug report :p

EDIT: Probably caused by things in the above post, I'll see what deleting the duplicate junk does...

EDIT: Didn't fix it. Light cloud schematic gave me a translucent rainbow this time...

EDIT: Okay, the failing to make schematics was due to not having Architecture enabled, I think...thought I tried that though! Still don't know why it's giving me rainbows instead of heavy cloud blueprints though. Oh, and one time it gave me a 250 research point item, haven't been able to replicate that one.

EDIT: Oh, and when I check the requirements for condense to heavy cloud, it tells me that I need light cloud schematics for it...

I suspect that it's because of the way I've handled it complaining about the index file (tells me it's corrupted): grabbing the Pony Fortress index file and replacing the DF index file with that. If that file is somehow indexing the reaction results, then it makes sense that it's grabbing the wrong ones. If that's the case, how do I interact with the index file at all? It doesn't appear to be text editable, and I haven't found a way to make a new one or anything.

Only just discovered that worlds have their own set of raws that they use, so I applied the changes to the raws for the region, restarted DF, and it still didn't work! Highly suspicious of the index file right now. And for some reason the optional no-research file, while it looks like it should work, simply doesn't...

...alright. I've hacked clouds into working by unzipping a new copy of DF, spamming the no-research raws everywhere (savefile, DF's data folder), and copying the new world over. No idea why it didn't work in the old installation.

Unrelated: What the hell are "A-containing bag" and "C-containing bag" needed for chocolate production?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 01:33:49 am by LordRandomness »

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 07, 2012, 08:36:13 am »

Replica, could you please upload your fixed/upgraded version?
This day going to be perfect!

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 08, 2012, 10:39:29 pm »

Meow Meow Meow Weather Reactions

Unrelated: What the hell are "A-containing bag" and "C-containing bag" needed for chocolate production?

What does your error log say?
I don't really know how weather workshops work, but if your errorlog spams messages about "missing cloud tokens"...

A-containing bag should be an empty bag of any kind and a C-containing bag should be a Chocolate containing bag I believe.

Since there is nothing to do during the roman 40° afternoons there you go.
The link is in my other post, at the top, hard to miss. (:
If something is amiss with the version I uploaded let me know.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

LordRandomness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 09, 2012, 12:28:22 am »

Meow Meow Meow Weather Reactions

What does your error log say?
I don't really know how weather workshops work, but if your errorlog spams messages about "missing cloud tokens"...

A-containing bag should be an empty bag of any kind and a C-containing bag should be a Chocolate containing bag I believe.

Since there is nothing to do during the roman 40° afternoons there you go.
The link is in my other post, at the top, hard to miss. (:
If something is amiss with the version I uploaded let me know.

Error log contains nothing but the "duplicate object" error spam from before I removed those. The bags, as I just figured out, refer to reagent A in the reaction (cocoa, in that case), and reagent C (cane sugar), given that the reagents are indexed by letter. My guess is that it's so the pony can bring the bag to the kitchen instead of trying to bring just the cocoa/sugar containerless.

Unrelated: Anyone know whether non-light horseshoes offer leg/hoof protection in combat? I'm guessing they do, but not willing to bet candy on it.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 09, 2012, 11:30:11 am »

Error log contains nothing but the "duplicate object" error spam from before I removed those. The bags, as I just figured out, refer to reagent A in the reaction (cocoa, in that case), and reagent C (cane sugar), given that the reagents are indexed by letter. My guess is that it's so the pony can bring the bag to the kitchen instead of trying to bring just the cocoa/sugar containerless.

Unrelated: Anyone know whether non-light horseshoes offer leg/hoof protection in combat? I'm guessing they do, but not willing to bet candy on it.

Ah, my bad, guess that is as far as my help can go.

Horseshoe raws...

High boot/Low boot raws...

Seem to work more or less like normal boots as far as I can see so they aren't as unprotected as things would hint.
They seem to lack any kind of tradable/craftable metal lower body protection though.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 09, 2012, 12:03:00 pm »

how do I get domidian cave and rainbow ponies to attack me/not get killed off also, how do I know they are there?
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

LordRandomness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 09, 2012, 08:38:55 pm »

how do I get domidian cave and rainbow ponies to attack me/not get killed off also, how do I know they are there?

Diomedian and Rainbow pony civs aren't in this pony mod, if I recall. Just pony, zebra, diamond dog, and griffin. It's supposed to be aiming for a more show-accurate representation.

@Replica: I'm not sure if that's how you reference those things, but the reactions WERE working (I managed to get some cocoa made) but they don't seem to be using the cocoa I have now...might be because I don't have much of it or something.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 09, 2012, 09:36:30 pm »

Diomedian and Rainbow pony civs aren't in this pony mod, if I recall. Just pony, zebra, diamond dog, and griffin. It's supposed to be aiming for a more show-accurate representation.

@Replica: I'm not sure if that's how you reference those things, but the reactions WERE working (I managed to get some cocoa made) but they don't seem to be using the cocoa I have now...might be because I don't have much of it or something.

then why are they in the raws?
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 10, 2012, 12:27:11 pm »

<_<

>_>

oh.. hello, this thread didn't get buried like I had kinda hoped I see...
I know I promised an update but soon as I said those words, new projects at work and No time for playing, let alone modding DF.
With me coming back time and time again to promise fixes and releases It felt kinda bad to run off again, but then work swooped me up and I've been REALLY friggin busy since. I thought I had this thing set up to notify me, but it must have bugged out somehow.

Soyeah, uh, sorry for my disappearance act... again... I'll see if I can squeeze in some bughunting between development cycles here :P

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 10, 2012, 01:49:53 pm »

Ohyeah, thank you tons replica for that update post up there, it also let me find some of those horrid duplicate object bugs that should totally not have been in a so called release build in the first place.. I just kinda wanted to post something workable before I disappeared, but it turns out I posted a horribly broken version with raw dupes instead... ouch..

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 10, 2012, 07:43:51 pm »

Anytime.

What are you planning to do next though?
New features or updating/putting on ice for the time being?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 10, 2012, 08:06:12 pm »

I do have a development document with stuff like magic tailoring, some more food stuff, magic research and such. And I'd also like to add some more lore beasties, like timberwolves, wendigos, cerberus and such. And changelings could make for an interesting take on vampires. Could also make the changelings into the de-facto badguy civ, and just give them some shapeshifting ability, that could be fun :P

Im open for suggestions, but alas I don't have all the time in the world for modding, I'll try to squeeze in some cycles here and there so if there's any features people REALLY want in i can focus on those.
Should have the fixed version out soon btw, repica's is pretty much the same as my dev copy, with one exception. I've removed all the animal people from my creature files!

Just doing a last once-over now to see if I actually caught all the bugs this time, then I'll upload and update to the new version... I guess we can finally make that friendship express with the minecart system now XD

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2012, 08:28:21 pm »

And you use a different language file too.
The 1k kb errorlog I got when first updating with errors refering to INCEST, CUNT, BITCH, etc etc was pretty funny. :P

But timberwolves > wooden logs reaction, just for laughs.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2012, 08:30:06 pm »

Haha yeah, the ponymod started before toady removed those, and I guess they kinda stayed in, kinda ironic when you think about the source material for this mod XD
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25