Mouth and Horns only
- 35 (42.7%)
Forehooves
- 3 (3.7%)
All of the above
- 44 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2  (Read 80659 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2
« Reply #210 on: July 13, 2012, 07:31:03 pm »

In the tower of Footmechanism in the Universes of Dawning there lives a pegasi pony necromancer named Honey Fragrantslide, Honey has written 6 books in 17 years about everything she has been through, some of them are over 200+ pages long, the writing in the books are all describen as "giving a feeling of compassion here and there and showing a hint of tenderness", "it is quite cheerful and it is quite touching" or "quite humurous and quite cheerful".

Honey Fragrantslide is the only character in the entire world to write books about death and evil that way (including the necromancers from the other two "good" and "friendly" oriented civs that I have added ingame) and the first necromancer that isn't a complete self hating, world loathing dickhead that I have come across.

Loving the effects that a little "love and tolerance" is having on the world of Dwarf Fortress. :)
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 13, 2012, 07:46:25 pm »

That could actually be interpreted as being pretty twisted.

"Though they struggle at first, I know in my heart that, in the end, they're truly thankful for my liberating them from their mortal shells. I can only hope to liberate as many as possible, and spread the joys of death and eternal peace across the land."
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 13, 2012, 07:49:52 pm »

In the tower of Footmechanism in the Universes of Dawning there lives a pegasi pony necromancer named Honey Fragrantslide, Honey has written 6 books in 17 years about everything she has been through, some of them are over 200+ pages long, the writing in the books are all describen as "giving a feeling of compassion here and there and showing a hint of tenderness", "it is quite cheerful and it is quite touching" or "quite humurous and quite cheerful".

Honey Fragrantslide is the only character in the entire world to write books about death and evil that way (including the necromancers from the other two "good" and "friendly" oriented civs that I have added ingame) and the first necromancer that isn't a complete self hating, world loathing dickhead that I have come across.

Loving the effects that a little "love and tolerance" is having on the world of Dwarf Fortress. :)

Reminds me of this song some brony made.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 13, 2012, 08:19:24 pm »

Can't imagine why people are suprised that the show is popular among 16-25 year old males and internet peers.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 13, 2012, 08:50:50 pm »

Timberwolves are also on the planning board, And I may have some plans for fancy gem usage too.
I really hope I have time to implement all this stuff O_o

It's a shame there aren't more secret interactions in.. it would be cool to just have a generic 'strive for godhood' or whatever instead of just the secrets of life and death and necromancy

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2012, 12:05:50 am »

I feel that the cutie marks are incredibly boring (no offense meant or arrogance intended).

Cutie marks don't really play god knows what kind of role in this mod (at least not yet, until specific cutiemarks are restricted to specific castes which in itself could be a fun idea to play around with, I might just do that at some point) but I like my descriptors to be nice and varied and seing five different ponies with five different descriptors of "black gem" doesn't feel varied to me, so I took it upon my task to replace all the boring marks with new ones.

While scouring through the list just now to replace mundane marks with "joke" cutie marks and cutie marks taken directly from the show (using the list of cutie marks in the MLP wiki which is suprisingly short) (because adding new cutiemarks means that you need to add them to all the castes in the creature_pony_NEW file which is too much of a hassle this early in the morning) I noticed that like half the list is a variation of "X fruit", "X number of Y color gems/diamonds" and "X number of Y's".
There were also multiple dupes of some marks, I noticed "a couple of oranges" more than three times I am sure.

Now, my current file is completely unsharable (unless you want ponies appearing with "her cutie mark is the answer to life the universe and everything", "her cutie mark is a cutie mark", "her cutie mark is blacker than the blackest black", "her cutie mark is a dancing human skeleton", etc), but I plan to redo it from scratch seriously when I come back in two days.

The list I plan to make will include almost all the cutie marks described here, a varied number of mundane fruit (apple, lemon, orange, etc), a varied number of flowers, a small number of "good" symbols (smiley face, heart, red cross), a number of mundane items (crate, stack of gold ingots, a sack of flour), a few landscape/sky descriptors (a beautiful sunset, a desert at dusk, the ocean horizon) and some minor "easter egg" type cutie marks among other things.
There will also be a tiny tiny selection of "evil" oriented cutie marks, like the pony skull mark seen on the flank of the shadowbolts in the second episode of MLP (but it wont appear all too frequently with a 10-15 out of 201 chance).

The unmodified list is composed of a total of 201 slots, which isn't too bad or tedious to go through and can be done in less than half an hour, I could technicaly increase the number of slots beyond that which would take just a bit more of my time if neccesary (of which I have nearly infinite amounts of up until the very end of this month and am currently using to dick around and learn the DF modding kinks).

The current list of planned cutie marks will be as follow:
201 TOTAL
109 FROM SHOW -main character marks/repeat/preplanned marks
25 ITEMS
22 SYMBOLS
20 FRUITS
10 LANDSCAPES
10 "EVIL"
5 EASTER EGG
(Slots planned to be used by cutie marks from show that wont be used for their purpouse will be replaced by any of the other categories)
There will be no two identical cutie marks, there will be few to no color or number descriptors (no more multiple variations of single horseshoe)

The question here (because obviously there has to be some sort of point to me telling you all this) naturally is do you (refering to anyone, but mainly to Sorcerer) want the new updated list of cutie marks and if you do, do you have any special requests of custom marks/symbols/silliness that you want added?

I don't know when you can respond to this, shall we call it, "uneccesary spontaneous offer of extra help", but I probably wont be back to see it for at least a day or two, but essentially here is what I want to know by my return.

Do you want a new/remake of descriptor_color_cutiemark list?

If so...
Is the current list of planned cutie mark types OK with you?
Should I expand the list beyond the original 201 (I will hand you the new updated pony creature file for you to copy-paste from), if so, how many slots do you want in total (201+X)?
Do you have any special requests of cutie marks to be added?
(The above also applies to everyone else, if you want something personal added post it and it will be added, no swastica/hammer sickle though, everything else is fine as long as Sorcerer is ok with it being in the list)

That is basically it, dismissed and all that.
If you don't want the list I'll just do my own thing. :)
See you guys in 1-2 days.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2012, 05:31:23 am »

I want more varied cutie marks. I keep a record of my ponies in a notebook and I get tired of drawing the same cutie marks over and over again.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2012, 07:15:07 am »

The cutie mark file is actually made with a program i threw together a while ago, it's not particularly pretty but it does the job i guess.. It just grabs some variables from a list and pastes all the code in there.

What I'd REALLY like to do with the cutiemarks is what was done in My Little Darkness. The guy added like 200 castes, each with specific skill rates and matching cutie marks, but the amount of work that goes into that kind of thing is quite a bit more than i can set aside for now.

But sure, I'll take any help i can get at the moment, so I say go for it!

Detahramet

• Bay Watcher
  • LIBERAL DWARF SQUAD! Hell yes, LDS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2012, 08:24:39 am »

Hey, how about we also make wings a grasper. Some depiction amongst the fandom include the wings being used as grasper.
Hail Kodkod, Goddess of Jam!

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 14, 2012, 08:55:40 am »

that would leave pegasi with five graspers, which might be a bit overkill..
If only we could determine their dexterity, so that only certain bits can perform certain actions or something.

Detahramet

• Bay Watcher
  • LIBERAL DWARF SQUAD! Hell yes, LDS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2012, 09:39:44 am »

If i recall correctly, the more graspers being used, the lower the the speed of the character. Besides, pegasi are slow to gain all skills except dodge, making it so you would be taking away the most crucial part of a pegasus: their speed. Besides, isn't unicorns have 4 graspers a bit overskill as it is?
Hail Kodkod, Goddess of Jam!

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 14, 2012, 11:46:27 am »

Would it be possible to have only the earth ponies's front hooves as grabbers and pegasi's wings as grabbers as stated above? that way everyone would have about equal amount of grasping limbs (U=2, E=3, P=3)
Now i ain't sayin' i'm a gold digger...

But i am sayin' i dig diggin'

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 14, 2012, 04:34:56 pm »

Any plan for Discord/Draconequis for megabeasts? With some fun with ineractions now, you can have a attack that turns a creature into a hostile creature for any amount of time, raise the dead as dancing buffalo, spawn a chocolet milk substance that causes dizziness, ect.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 14, 2012, 07:10:14 pm »

Here is the "design document" I've got so far.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Feel free to offer suggestions and improvements!
I've also got some thoughts on a spell system, but since there is currently no way to see what creatures have what effects in-game I am unsure as to how to proceed with it.
I also intend to add some beneficial bonuses for eating fancier food like chocolate (sugar rush +10% speed!) and to add some integration between the different ponies research trees.
Clouds for instance could be used in tailoring to make cloud cloth, or perhaps in baking a cloud cake?

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 14, 2012, 08:21:44 pm »

As for dragons: The teenagers&below could be actualy reach full size after several hundred years. However, the megabeast ones could be called Wild Dragons and start of big and quickly grows bigger (thanks to greed.) Ursa Minors could be replaced with Canus Majors, IE large wolf-like beasts. Minotaurs could be removed from the megabeast list and could function like Animal men do now. Speaking of animal men, goats and deer could both be primitive races that pop up from time to time.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25