Mouth and Horns only
- 35 (42.7%)
Forehooves
- 3 (3.7%)
All of the above
- 44 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2  (Read 80702 times)

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2
« Reply #165 on: June 17, 2012, 09:55:56 pm »

Speaking of Buffalo... I've yet to have a griffon or a buffalo trade caravan even when they're in the area.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 17, 2012, 10:29:17 pm »

How do you guys think the upcoming psychology update will change things? I mean, Ponies seem like they'd be a good deal more violence-adverse than dwarves.

Yeah, but only with other ponies. The buffalo want to fight? Lets give them a fight!

I think that may have to do with ponies being just about the most xenophobic and speciaistic creatures in equestria. If it isn't a pony, but is vaguely equine shaped, then run the buck away from it or beat the shit out of it. Perhaps ponies that see any other race aside from ponies would either attack those creatures or run the fuck away from them, unless the pony is a noble, such as the barterer.

To be fair, Zecora is probably deep in the uncanny vally for them. I mean, eye's like the princess, non-pastle, lives in the hellish forest right next door... and that whole "rhyming" thing is not helping her. To your average pony, she's basicly what Slender man is to a normal human being.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Detahramet

• Bay Watcher
  • LIBERAL DWARF SQUAD! Hell yes, LDS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 18, 2012, 12:59:49 am »

How do you guys think the upcoming psychology update will change things? I mean, Ponies seem like they'd be a good deal more violence-adverse than dwarves.

Yeah, but only with other ponies. The buffalo want to fight? Lets give them a fight!

I think that may have to do with ponies being just about the most xenophobic and speciaistic creatures in equestria. If it isn't a pony, but is vaguely equine shaped, then run the buck away from it or beat the shit out of it. Perhaps ponies that see any other race aside from ponies would either attack those creatures or run the fuck away from them, unless the pony is a noble, such as the barterer.

To be fair, Zecora is probably deep in the uncanny vally for them. I mean, eye's like the princess, non-pastle, lives in the hellish forest right next door... and that whole "rhyming" thing is not helping her. To your average pony, she's basicly what Slender man is to a normal human being.

Ok, fine, ill give you that.
But for a peace loving people, they are more than  willing to forego diplomacy and beat the ever living fuck out of buffalo without bothering to compromise in any way shape or form.
Hail Kodkod, Goddess of Jam!

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 18, 2012, 03:05:17 pm »

But for a peace loving people, they are more than  willing to forego diplomacy and beat the ever living fuck out of buffalo without bothering to compromise in any way shape or form.

Well who are the types of people that go to leave civilization to start their own settlements in the first place? Tough rugged people who want to do things their own way. That's an isolated incident in a new town without regular communication to Equestria proper.

Detahramet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 18, 2012, 09:47:57 pm »

Well who are the types of people that go to leave civilization to start their own settlements in the first place? Tough rugged people who want to do things their own way. That's an isolated incident in a new town without regular communication to Equestria proper.

...or they are the people who have pissed off some noble, who decided to send them off to risk their life. Or they are people who want land. Also, they did have a locomotive stop, so they more than likely have regular communication to the rest of equestria, and thats assuming they lack any unicorns of moderate magical skill in their town

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 18, 2012, 10:38:13 pm »

...or they are the people who have pissed off some noble, who decided to send them off to risk their life. Or they are people who want land. Also, they did have a locomotive stop, so they more than likely have regular communication to the rest of equestria, and thats assuming they lack any unicorns of moderate magical skill in their town

Or they were mandated by Celestia to start a settlement, in a ploy by her to get as many members of the apple family away from fertile land so that the other fruit-based families can expand in the hole that they will leave.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Detahramet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 18, 2012, 11:15:21 pm »

*quote snip for space*
In that case, replace piss off, with mildly inconvenience.

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 23, 2012, 05:45:02 am »

Reading the Development blog thingy by toady about how the combat is gonna act soon, makes me imagine ponies Kicking an enemy with all 4 hooves at the same time while still somehow not falling to the ground

Or Unicorns gouging someone with their horn at the same time as they bite 'em :P

Look's like it's gonna be lot's of !!FUN!! when your fort encounters the "Incredibly ambidextrous steel octopus demon" or any quick monsters with multiple limbs for that matter.
Now i ain't sayin' i'm a gold digger...

But i am sayin' i dig diggin'

ray10k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 27, 2012, 05:28:45 am »

just out of curiosity, but how is the update to 34.11 coming along?

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 28, 2012, 12:41:57 am »

Reading the Development blog thingy by toady about how the combat is gonna act soon, makes me imagine ponies Kicking an enemy with all 4 hooves at the same time while still somehow not falling to the ground

Or Unicorns gouging someone with their horn at the same time as they bite 'em :P

Look's like it's gonna be lot's of !!FUN!! when your fort encounters the "Incredibly ambidextrous steel octopus demon" or any quick monsters with multiple limbs for that matter.

If I remember right, in the raws the unicorn horn is actually... a tentacle. You know, since magic doesn't work yet.

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 28, 2012, 09:52:55 am »

If I remember right, in the raws the unicorn horn is actually... a tentacle. You know, since magic doesn't work yet.

Tentacle... Gouging... Oh dear... I've been on the internet long enough to see where that would have gone...

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 29, 2012, 02:02:02 am »

Tentacle... Gouging... Oh dear... I've been on the internet long enough to see where that would have gone...

Oh dear god XD.

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 29, 2012, 09:42:41 am »

Oh dear god XD.

This post appear to be going places it shouldn't go, oh if only someone would come and make an announcement... Maybe... Maybe someone with a Pegasus as a profile pic, maybe even a light'ish blue'sih one, perhaps even one with a name that has something to do with magic.
*cough* hint hint *cough*

Detahramet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 30, 2012, 04:34:06 am »

Ooooooh!
'nuther 4 suggestions if you don't mind:
1. Please make it so that the "Student" skill is associated with the library. Higher student, higher rate of RP get.
2. Why not make it so that random skills can be obtained though the use of the library. At a very, very slow rate of course (slightly faster with the higher the student skill). Might be a pain to implement, but it should be possible
3. Perhaps a bit more materials should be needed to make a library, such as more material to build it, the use of special items such as books that can only be made at an archive with research points, perhaps a table and a chair. You would of course have to trade or bring along a few tomes (i'd suggest around 10-50 books per library, i would also suggest it would take 25 rp to make book, helping to balance this out, given the rate of RP production).
4. Different libraries oriented in different directions, like built rails in the more recent updates. Seriosly, its awkward to need a hallway just to place a few libraries, rather than a hub area.

Thank you for reading this.

Detahramet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 03, 2012, 06:29:37 pm »

Anyone mind if i 'Dorf around with the mod in an attempt add the things i suggested, and then post the unofficial update?

EDIT:
While on the topic of editing, does anyone know how to get a workshop to show up on the workshop list?
I decided to include the various libraries, and can't seem to get alternative library to show up on the list.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:27:52 pm by Detahramet »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25