Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: Hero Caddies RtD! [Book I, Chapter I]  (Read 60803 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Hero Caddies RtD! [Book I, Chapter I]
« Reply #180 on: April 06, 2012, 11:03:16 am »

This game is all about teamwork and subterfuge, because your enemies will always be more powerful than you. But sometimes it may be in your best interest to stab one another in the back...

Turn 4 - Grand Theft Wagon

Raul reaches into the wagon's pile of assorted crap to find something to stop the wagon with. (...) He pulls out one of the tent poles, and throws it under the wagon! The tent pole catches between the carriage and one of the wagon spokes and the wagon screeches to a halt just in front of a large building, catapulting most of the supplies contained in it (including the occupants) forward toward the structure! Mr. Wiffles wraps himself around the innkeeper just before impact! (ATT) The wagon simply flings the three passengers onto the sidewalk in front of the building however, doing no harm.

(...) Derek heads outside the general store and wrings a rat out like a washcloth. Such is the life of a mage's apprentice. Inside, Caddio haggles with the shopkeep.
(...) "Why yes, I'm on an errand for an adventurer as we speak. By the way, is three shekels really going to cover the cost of a hippogryph paw? I'd hate to have to tell Odysseus Lighthawk, Famed Adventurer and Noble Paladin that the shopkeeper said he didn't send enough money."
"Beat it, ya bum. I don't give handouts." The shopkeep kicks Caddio out of the store!

(...) Bryan sets to work immediately, dumping all the ingredients into a large pot stolen from the kitchen. He produces a vast amount of the most delicious stew imaginable and sets the pot in the center of the adventurers' room.

Outside the inn, the adventurers descend on Azatek. Odysseus draws his sword.
"Who took the cart, Azatek?!"
(...) Azatek flops his arms around over his head. "It was a ghOOOOooooOOOOOooost-"
"I'm warning you Azatek, tell me what you've done or your life is forfeit!"
"It was all a distraction, my cohorts have made off with the cart! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-"
"You have crossed me for the LAST TIME, PEASANT!"
Odysseus waves for the others to head off in search of the cart, then charges with his sword! (ATT) (DEF) In one clean swipe, Odysseus lops off Azatek's arm and carves a swathe across his face! He pins Azatek against the wall.
"WHERE DID THE OTHERS GO?! WHERE HAVE YOUR THIEVING FRIENDS TAKEN THE CART?!"

Status

Player: lawastooshort
Name: Bryan
Adventurer: Davkul Stalkingwolf [HP:20/20] [MP:12/20]
Currently: Inn; cooking a delicious meal.
Inventory: Peasant Robe | Bag of Shekels
[HP:10/10]

Player: dermonster
Name: Derek Letum
Adventurer: Ravaatra Hellbinder [HP:20/20] [MP:12/20]
Currently: Main Street; murdering vermin.
Inventory: Peasant Robe | Vial of Blood

Player: Taricus
Name: Raul
Adventurer: Vladimir Silverblade [HP:20/20] [MP:12/20]
Currently: Main Street; sitting on the sidewalk, extremely confused.
Inventory: Peasant Robe

Player: IronyOwl
Name: Caddio Nine
Adventurer: Odysseus Hawklight [HP:20/20] [MP:12/20]
Currently: Main Street; considering theft.
Inventory: Peasant Robe | Bag of Shekels | Shopping List | Saddle Bag | Ladle | Healing Herbs

Player: adwarf
Name: Azatek Litz
Adventurer: Coratra Gladomain [HP:20/20] [MP:12/20]
Currently: Main Street; bleeding badly.
Inventory: Peasant Robe | Dagger
[HP:5/10]

Spoiler: Mr. Wiffles (Dongrel) (click to show/hide)

Hero Caddies      Book I: The Bane of Gortharius      Chapter I: The Chalice of Hope
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 06, 2012, 11:07:15 am »

"Uh .. dog, Mr Wiffles caused cart to run down road ... I tried to stop it, but nearly died ... I think ... my ... companions stopped .... it further down ... the road ... please don't .... kill me ..."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 06, 2012, 11:10:26 am »

CAREFULLY bring the vial over to my adventurer.

"Missing cart? Don't know about it. I was out gathering... regents." Pause. "Extremely fresh, by the way."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 06, 2012, 11:28:29 am »

At this point, Raul decides it MAY be best to leave the wagon. And get all the stuff that was flung out to put back into it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 06, 2012, 12:08:04 pm »

Mr Wiffles:  Smelling delicious stew, Mr. Wiffles decides that he will have some!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 06, 2012, 03:02:23 pm »

Bryan will defend his cooking against all comers with his bag of shekels until the adventurers arrive to eat some.

It is of excellent quality and will surely boost their morale, chaps! Stop that beast!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 06, 2012, 08:34:12 pm »

Mr Wiffles senses he is possibly in trouble, and starts looking as adorable and innocent as a Dongrel possibly can.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 06, 2012, 10:04:16 pm »

Man, he is going to be so pissed by the time I get back. I better have that goddamned paw. D:

Head to shop other shopkeeper told me about. Inquire as to average price of a hippogryph paw.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2012, 04:24:35 am »

Mr Wiffles:  Smelling delicious stew, Mr. Wiffles decides that he will have some!
Yesss. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #189 on: April 11, 2012, 11:08:45 am »

You guys aren't trying to frame Mr. Wiffles, are you?!? :(
Okay, everything bad that's happened so far is at least partially his fault I guess.

Turn 5 - Welcome to the Fold

Azatek struggles to articulate himself while Odysseus holds him against the wall.
(...) "Uh... dog, Mr. Wiffles caused cart to run down road... I tried to stop it, but nearly died... I think... my... companions stopped... it further down... the road... please don't... kill me..."
"Who the hell is Mr. Wiffles?!"
"The doggy... THE DOGGY"
"You're not in your right mind." Odysseus tosses Azatek to the ground. "Clearly it was not you who stole the wagon."
Odysseus runs off with the others.

(...) Suddenly, Derek rolls out of a nearby alleyway and tosses a vial of blood at Ravaatra's head! (ATT) (DEF) Ravaatra catches the vial and, completely out of reflex, flings a bolt of flame back at Derek! (ATT) (DEF) Luckily this seems to be an off night for her, and Derek narrowly avoids being toasted.
"It's... fresh." Derek stumbles over his words, flustered by his near-immolation. He turns around to talk to Odysseus, but he appears to be occupied with Azatek.
"Hmph. Good job, assistant. You have proven yourself worthy of your position... for now." She runs off after the other adventurers. [+2 MP (RAV)]

(...) Raul, meanwhile, hastily tosses anything he can find back into the wagon. Before he can make much progress, he sees the adventurers running down the street toward him and hides in the alleyway by the building! Mr. Wiffles gets off the innkeeper and runs off to do something or other, and the innkeeper sits up and looks around. After a moment he spots the adventurers, stands up and begins waving his arms! He clearly intends to rat out Raul.

Back at the inn, Mr. Wiffles slinks in through the window and gallops across the room toward the tasty stew. (...) Bryan leaps out of the darkness wielding a spoon and cracks the instrument over the Dongrel's head, stunning it! Mr. Wiffles yelps and hops back out the window, defeated.

Caddio heads off down the main street, in search of the alchemical outlet he's heard so much about. He finds it almost immediately, exactly where the shopkeep said it would be! He heads inside and steps up to the counter. It's a densely packed store, covered with various assorted ingredients and reagents and cluttered with racks of potionmaking cookbooks and newsletters. A rather frightening looking old man rises from behind the counter and smiles at Caddio.
"Hello there! What can I get for you?"
"Oh! Uh, I was wondering if you... had any hippogryph paws."
"We sure do! Just 37 shekels each."
"Dammit... Any chance you could mark that down?"
"Nope, these things are in high demand. Pretty powerful reagent. Recently discovered type of healing potion uses it. Sorry, that's the- Caddio?" The shopkeeper's eyes light up.
(...) "Uh... yes? How do you know my name?"
"I heard about you from the network. You're our new arrival, yes?"
"What... are you talking about?"
"The newest arrival to the Avindell necromancer's society! Randall over at the general store mentioned you, said you were performing enforcer duty with one of his customers. You're him right?" The shopkeep narrows his eyes suspiciously.
"I... er, yes! Of course! I'm the new enforcer!"
"Splendid! Welcome to the fold! Randall said you didn't show him the sign." The shopkeep makes a curious sign with his hand. "You need to be careful, we must always show the sign when communicating with each other."
"Uh... right. So, about that hippogryph paw..."
"Oh, yes! Here, take one! It's on the house." The shopkeep hands Caddio a hippogryph paw. "Metting tomorrow at noon, by the way."

Status

Player: lawastooshort
Name: Bryan
Adventurer: Davkul Stalkingwolf [HP:20/20] [MP:12/20]
Currently: Inn; defending his delicious meal.
Inventory: Peasant Robe | Bag of Shekels

Player: dermonster
Name: Derek Letum
Adventurer: Ravaatra Hellbinder [HP:20/20] [MP:14/20]
Currently: Main Street; tossing things at Ravaatra.

Player: Taricus
Name: Raul
Adventurer: Vladimir Silverblade [HP:20/20] [MP:12/20]
Currently: Main Street; hiding from the approaching adventurers.

Player: IronyOwl
Name: Caddio Nine
Adventurer: Odysseus Hawklight [HP:20/20] [MP:12/20]
Currently: Apothecary; accidentally joining a secret sect of illegal dark magic users.
Inventory: Peasant Robe | Bag of Shekels | Shopping List | Saddle Bag | Ladle | Healing Herbs | Hippogryph Paw

Player: adwarf
Name: Azatek Litz
Adventurer: Coratra Gladomain [HP:20/20] [MP:12/20]
Currently: Main Street; laying on the sidewalk in a pool of his own blood.
Inventory: Peasant Robe | Dagger
[HP:5/10]

Spoiler: Mr. Wiffles (Dongrel) (click to show/hide)

Hero Caddies      Book I: The Bane of Gortharius      Chapter I: The Chalice of Hope
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 11, 2012, 11:14:22 am »

Run away!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 11, 2012, 12:52:53 pm »

Mr. Wiffles:  Go sulk back to Mama.  (That is, Coratra)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 11, 2012, 12:55:45 pm »

Mr.Wiffles: Go sulk to Coratra and convince her that Bryan is a very bad man who did mean things to him (and deserves adequate punishment).
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 12:57:33 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 11, 2012, 03:14:52 pm »

Follow group, be prepared for any sudden suddenness.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2012, 03:15:12 pm »

Continue defending the meal until all adventurers who wish to have eaten some!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21