Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: Hero Caddies RtD! [Book I, Chapter I]  (Read 60788 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Hero Caddies RtD! [Book I, Chapter I]
« Reply #210 on: April 26, 2012, 04:28:55 pm »

Do the helpy thing
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 26, 2012, 04:35:25 pm »

Try and catch hold of the cart!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 26, 2012, 04:43:00 pm »

Whistle quietly!

edit: no reason
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 04:47:40 pm by lawastooshort »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 26, 2012, 04:44:23 pm »

Sit in the cart!

Why would you say that!?! Now you have a chance of not sitting in the cart! If you'd tried to whistle or something you'd be much less likely to fall off.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 26, 2012, 04:45:25 pm »

Dodge the falling dude who was foolish!
Hehehe

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 26, 2012, 04:48:21 pm »

Thanks. Don't know what I was thinking.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 26, 2012, 08:01:02 pm »

Damn it! I seriously thought I had dodged that bullet.

But no, now I'm an official Necromancer. Odysseus is going to love finding out about this.

Discreetly return the curious sign.

With any luck I'll be able to blow my cover with the heroes AND necromancer guard! WHEEEEEEEE!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 26, 2012, 08:51:12 pm »

Mr. Wiffles:  Give the guard a big toothy grin to show that we love him!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 26, 2012, 08:57:57 pm »

Mr. Wiffles: Hinder the apprentices' efforts in getting into the cart by licking ticklish places.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #219 on: April 26, 2012, 09:55:13 pm »

You can fail a roll on doing something absurdly simple later!

The wagon leaves Avindell to begin its journey across the soggy countryside. As they pass through the southern gate, Caddio discreetly flashes the curious sign to the guard at the gate. Derek reaches out his hand and hoists the new "associate" into the back of the cart, and he removes his hood to speak.
"Sorry I'm late!"
Odysseus turns around and studies the new arrival. "...Welcome! Glad you could make it. My apologies, we're in a bit of a hurry. Denor, is it?"
"Uh... yeah."
Vladimir pulls out the same long contract, on which Azatek's name is crossed out. Denor signs his name, and Vladimir gives him the same spiel he gave everyone else. After a moment, Denor speaks up again.
"So, uh... who was that Azatek guy that was crossed out in the contract?"
Bryan flashes a derp smile and turns to Denor. "He was the guy that Coratra murd-"
Davkul's hand smacks Bryan in the back of the head, faceplanting him into the pile of supplies in the back of the cart. After a moment of awkward silence, Odysseus clears his throat and addresses Caddio.
"Caddio, you were there... what happened when Azatek took the cart? Did you see him?"

Spoiler: Hours in the future... (click to show/hide)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 26, 2012, 09:56:52 pm »

"Hey, is it just me or did anyone else feel the wave of sudden onset ominous foreshadowing?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 26, 2012, 10:08:04 pm »

"Hey, is it just me or did anyone else feel the wave of sudden onset ominous foreshadowing?"

lawl

I sense a boss fight approaching!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 26, 2012, 10:15:30 pm »

"Yeah, that was weird"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2012, 05:11:19 pm »

((Sorry! Read this, intended to reply, completely forgot about it.))

"I'm afraid not, sir. I was off buying things when it happened. I only came along afterwards."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2012, 06:52:39 pm »

Weird time to bring this up, but is the formatting easy enough to read? I'm going for something a little closer to a book than an average RTD. Let me know if it's a little difficult to read the dialogue. Then again, maybe you wouldn't have even thought about it if I hadn't said anything.

Derek glances at the others. "Seriously, we might wanna do something. Obviously something bad is about to happen. Is anyone listening to me?!"
Davkul's face brightens, and he turns to Derek to talk for the first time since the trip began. "Sorry, none of them can hear you when you break the fourth wall. Except me, of course. Nice to see another Genre Savvy around here. It's a rare class, especially amongst low levels. Mmmm... I think I'll make that beef and noodle thing in the freezer for dinner... er, oops. That was the GM talking, not me. Sorry about that."
Derm stares for a moment. "Oooooooo-kay. So, you're an NPC. Can you tell me what's going to happen next?"
"'Fraid not. That would ruin the story for everyone else too!"
"Oh, fine."

Odysseus thinks for a moment. "Oh. I see. Well, I don't recall anyone else being there at the time. But I remember someone guarding the cart before it was taken..."
Raul twitches a bit and tries to change the subject. "Hey, has anyone seen Mr. Wiffles? He's not in the cart."

Spoiler: Hours in the future... (click to show/hide)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21