Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 193056 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #1095 on: September 09, 2012, 03:47:33 am »

I could detonate a series of small ana-bombs around the edges, warping space and shunting the blast off into an alternate dimension.
But you don't know what dimension?

Theorteically, it would be shunted equally across every possible dimension, making the area slightly warmer. It could be an issue, granted, say, if we alert the inhabitants of dimension &.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 09, 2012, 03:55:09 am »

What about using a Metadimensional Transducer so that the blast is shunted into the space between dimensions instead?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 09, 2012, 03:57:37 am »

What about using a Metadimensional Transducer so that the blast is shunted into the space between dimensions instead?

Could be better. Or worse. It depends, do we have anything to scope out if anything big is there?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: September 09, 2012, 03:58:38 am »

Um, that's really not...

Yeah, fine, I suppose that'll have to do. But could you do me a favor and make it a small implosion? Like, a tactical implosion or something?
Sure, it should be relatively easy to use an opposing force to destabilize the implosion long enough for it to fall apart. That would result in a second explosion though.
We don't have any kind of forcefield we could use to contain the explosion?
We're talking about the conversion of an entire sector worth of mass + whatever we're destroying to energy. If everything goes right, the conversion should be stabilizable, leading to an enormous amount of free energy. If not, we got a small problem on our hands.

I could probably lend a hand. I recently salvaged some Ancient tech which could be of use here.

Well then, glad that's settled. Looks like I won't have to deploy the ULTRABLASTtm anagram deotnator. I still plan on using the smaller, more controllable drone fed devices though. If you could stay about half a light year from them, that would be grand. I'm not sure how well conventional shielding can deflect anagramatizing energy.
Try using multilayering cheap shield systems. Each one only holds out for a few seconds, but by switching them fast enough you can hold of the radiation for a long time. (Note that this doesn't work on any weapon with shield piercing ability)

That would distort the local transwarp and teleport systems.

Could be better. Or worse. It depends, do we have anything to scope out if anything big is there?
I don't think so, but it's always a risk.

Edit: Ninjas, hundreds of them

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 09, 2012, 04:00:27 am »

Huge Space Lazor maybe?
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: September 09, 2012, 04:05:04 am »

Multiphasic shielding would deflect low amounts of anagramtizing energies, but if they had enough energy, they would change the concept of shielding to something non-protective. Iy will also probably completely rewire them, should it pierce. Which could result in your sheilding systems trying to generate a field inside the ship itself, causing catastrophic damage. You never know, really. I've been working on some designs to defeat it, but I have no working prototypes at the time. Currently, I am simply going to limit my deployment of such weaponry to limit the chance of friendly fire.

Lasers won't do it, it could only hold them back.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: September 09, 2012, 04:09:42 am »

Multiphasic shielding would deflect low amounts of anagramtizing energies, but if they had enough energy, they would change the concept of shielding to something non-protective. Iy will also probably completely rewire them, should it pierce. Which could result in your sheilding systems trying to generate a field inside the ship itself, causing catastrophic damage. You never know, really. I've been working on some designs to defeat it, but I have no working prototypes at the time. Currently, I am simply going to limit my deployment of such weaponry to limit the chance of friendly fire.

Lasers won't do it, it could only hold them back.
Well, it still will hold them off while we think, so i am gonna set my planetary laser up.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: September 09, 2012, 04:14:52 am »

I've been tinkering with Metadimesional Transducer technology in an attempt to refine one for our purposes, and subjected one to anagramatizing energy. I've now got 'A Calendarised Mute Inn Storm', whatever the hell that is.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: September 09, 2012, 04:16:49 am »

I've been tinkering with Metadimesional Transducer technology in an attempt to refine one for our purposes, and subjected one to anagramatizing energy. I've now got 'A Calendarised Mute Inn Storm', whatever the hell that is.
I got a Space Killomatictoc Launcher, this game sometimes makes me go wtf...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: September 09, 2012, 04:18:45 am »

Maybe you can try to project the shields farther from the ship than normal. It means that you will collide with everything that gets near, but it should prevent the radiation from reaching the generator that easily, I think.

Anyway, I got a colony of Space flies in one of my Novalith class battleship's exhaust vents. Any takers. I know they are protected, and look quite cool, but if I can't find anyone I'm just going to flush them out. They are disastrous for exposed wiring and other important pieces. Also, if anyone sells spare parts, I'm willing to buy them. The novalith is a strong ship, but it's rarity limits it's uses, as you can't do repairs easily.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: September 09, 2012, 04:19:40 am »

Maybe you can try to project the shields farther from the ship than normal. It means that you will collide with everything that gets near, but it should prevent the radiation from reaching the generator that easily, I think.

Anyway, I got a colony of Space flies in one of my Novalith class battleship's exhaust vents. Any takers. I know they are protected, and look quite cool, but if I can't find anyone I'm just going to flush them out. They are disastrous for exposed wiring and other important pieces.
Space Flies buffed again? Dammit...

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: September 09, 2012, 04:22:13 am »

It happens. For heaven's sake, never subject a "Heartbreaking Tofu Mousse" to such power. The result is obvious. And deadly. Same thing goes for a Coherent Nylon Bee, which when subject to said power, will turn into a Claymore and behead the hapless experimenter.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: September 09, 2012, 04:24:12 am »

Anyway, I got a colony of Space flies in one of my Novalith class battleship's exhaust vents. Any takers. I know they are protected, and look quite cool, but if I can't find anyone I'm just going to flush them out. They are disastrous for exposed wiring and other important pieces. Also, if anyone sells spare parts, I'm willing to buy them. The novalith is a strong ship, but it's rarity limits it's uses, as you can't do repairs easily.

I could probably sell 'em on some specialty markets. Apparently Nyxians absolutely love the space-dwelling bastards...

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: September 09, 2012, 11:48:09 am »

What? Are there only two of us with Mystics or Wizards or Shamans? I mean, here, of course. Back on the server, there's a few bane-towers set up on the perimeter. If you would just give us some more time, we could fix this, with no explosions, only exorcisms.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: September 09, 2012, 11:53:19 am »

Yeah. Give us time- don't blow it up unless we fail terribly. My guys may be a bit out of practice, but they're powerful.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 134