Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 193110 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #1005 on: August 31, 2012, 01:13:28 pm »

You're harvesting from the sun? Or doing sub athmospherical harvests?

From the sun, yeah. It's the only way to get the pure stuff without extra contaminants.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: August 31, 2012, 03:45:11 pm »

-snip-
I love it when the RNG generates puzzles like this. Since you can't just overwhelm it with explosives or sniping, you really have to stop and think out a plan of action.

Now, first things first, I would suggest you do not try to override the self-destruct link. Unless you know you're doing and know about the device in question that you're trying to unlink, you'll more than likely blow yourself up. At some point, you'll want to get your ship to someone with a good unlinking skill.

Unfortunately, that's going to difficult, since something about randomly generated abandoned stations attack droids is that they level-scale, so anything that is a dangerous threat to a low-level character will scale to impossible in the presence of high-level characters. That means that, until you neutralize them somehow, you're on your own here.

Now, you could simply kill the brain and hope it the drones don't have a contingency to go berserk in the event of their overseers death. Also, that will shut off power to the shields, so, unless or until you can reroute it, you'll be a sitting duck (and, again, no guarantee you won't have to fight off killer droids in the meanwhile). You can try to take the brain hostage, but you have no guarantee it won't do something tricky without your knowledge to kill you off.

Ultimately, how you solve this problem is up to you. You might want to consider a plan that plays to your strengths. For example, if I was in your situation, I would try to seduce the brain. I'd tell it to have it's attack droids wait outside the station so we could have some privacy, then, afterwards, I'd kill it. I hope that gives you some idea of what you want to do.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: August 31, 2012, 04:13:02 pm »

Alright, so I figured that by holding a wand of anagrams, it will re-scramble my already scrambled speech to produce something coherent. Excellent.

Everything within one gigaparsec of the detonation zone is gone. Including space nitself, so any attempt to enter that zone is futile. Out to three gigaparsecs, things were and continually are being rearanged into thing that share letters with them. This is chaotic and unpredictable, and would destroy anything entering the zone within short order. Out to six gigaparsecs, things are still being 'Re-reroled" So to speak. Ships, people, asteroids, and communications passing through this area are reassembled from the same pool of component parts every few minutes or so. I predict the radiation will die down in about six months or so. Hopefully. If we can get a decontaminator fleet out here, it should help.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: August 31, 2012, 04:37:49 pm »

thanks for reminding me that drones may go berserk once disconnected. I closed up the doors to the cargo bay (with the ember wolf) and then severed the link that the brain had to said bay. The drones stationed inside it instantly activated (watched through security cameras) then swarmed the ember wolf, eventually it died as well as some of the drones, I just have to wait for their battery to run out then I can go do some serious looting. I plan on going into the septic drains to see if I can find anything. What do I need to enter there without any HP drain or death? I'm sure the uniform closet on the ship will have what I need, but I dont want to put on a random one and hope for the best, any way I can find the right suit?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: August 31, 2012, 05:05:08 pm »

God been hydrogen mining for days b4 wiki finally tells me I can get hydrogen from Manotaur Feces and Baby Manotaur drops just as much as regular Manotaur. i coulda been skill-grinding Saber Rattling or Aggressive Posturing all this time.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: August 31, 2012, 05:14:45 pm »

God been hydrogen mining for days b4 wiki finally tells me I can get hydrogen from Manotaur Feces and Baby Manotaur drops just as much as regular Manotaur. i coulda been skill-grinding Saber Rattling or Aggressive Posturing all this time.
At least your mining tech's higher.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: August 31, 2012, 05:41:59 pm »

I'm sure the uniform closet on the ship will have what I need, but I dont want to put on a random one and hope for the best, any way I can find the right suit?
You have a suit identifier in your toolbelt, right? I know I never go anywhere without one. That should tell you what kind of suits you're looking at. Then you should be able to cross-reference that with the data you get from your septic sludge analyzer to find the best match. Unless you're not carrying one for some bizarre reason.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: August 31, 2012, 06:29:46 pm »

Yeah, about the identifier, funny story that, a space slugman thief stole it and hopped right into the airlock as it was being salted to death, was able to eject into the vacuum of space before I got it back. Didn't want to risk getting it because I didn't realize the station would need it at some point and I could probably get another one at a shop. I'm going to try the station's library for something helpful.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: August 31, 2012, 06:39:14 pm »

Alright, so I figured that by holding a wand of anagrams, it will re-scramble my already scrambled speech to produce something coherent. Excellent.
Ear you ruse...
Yay, It works!
Anyone have any tips on how to recover things from the rhesus macaques?
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: August 31, 2012, 06:49:25 pm »

went to manotaur homeworld and blocked in all spawns in a town except orphanages and maternity wards. left ship, forgot i left shields on, cant get back in. standing on stack of garbage cans now and ship surrounded by millions of angry babies glicthing into each other. bright side: getting loads of feces drops.

edit: hehe, powerspawning BABIES. SO MANY BABIES
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 07:03:09 pm by LeoLeonardoIII »
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: August 31, 2012, 08:55:59 pm »

Infinite baby bomb?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 01, 2012, 04:01:15 pm »

problem

ok so i picked up a lot of uranium and red powder right? i found a bug where if you remove the uranium from its packaging you save a lot of cargo space, which i packed in with red powderthe red poweder soaks up rads from the uranium. well itsa not a bug i guess bc now my ship is totally irradiated so even if i got back in its ruined

also gettin laggy bc my ship is aboiut 50% coveredw tih manotaur feces ,also the babies are gettin deep
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 01, 2012, 05:17:29 pm »

You need to stop powerspawning- it should help a lot.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 04, 2012, 09:54:47 am »

small explosion, manotaur homeworld is now a cloud of stone debris and poop

found spacesuit and some gear and riding in a escape pod but its slow. gonnna leave it logged in until i hit something
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 04, 2012, 03:02:43 pm »

I've managed to get a new ship. A rather nice (If a little beat-up) Hydraxian Freighter. I could intercept the escape pod if you could give trajectory, velocity, and current coordinates.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 134